Colin Moriarty says Sony should sell Bungie, PlayStation rethinking its Live Service strategy...

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Reactions: Diah

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Remember folks, Colon Mediocrity is the guy who declared the PS4 pro an “Unforced error” and refused to take one offered to Kinda Funny by Sony initially.

For his whole gimmick of “Colon was right”, he’s so wrong most of the time that you wonder how he ever gained any notoriety as a games pundit.

• Informative
Reactions: Zzero and Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Sony doesn't "play the lottery" in producing high quality games. They also don't want to "play the lottery" in live service games, which is why they spent more on Bungie than on any other acquisition in Sony's lifetime.
Service games are high risk, high reward. Destiny made Bungie into a juggernaut, and Anthem practically killed Bioware. Crystal Dynamics, easily a top-20 AAA developer armed with the Marvel Avengers license not only didn't hit, you can't even buy their game 3 years later. Quality does not guarantee success in this space, it can't even protect against massive failure.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Remember folks, Colon Mediocrity is the guy who declared the PS4 pro an “Unforced error” and refused to take one offered to Kinda Funny by Sony initially.

For his whole gimmick of “Colon was right”, he’s so wrong most of the time that you wonder how he ever gained any notoriety as a games pundit.
You know the reason. It's politics.

Reactions: Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I didn't stop listening to him because I disagreed with his childish politics. I stopped listening because he's boring and uninteresting.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Right, Sony doesn't need to make twelve service games. They just have to play the lottery twice and win both times.
Do it smartly. Where's a beefed up UC or TLOU 1 Factions games, backed by PS Tournaments or something? Where's a SOCOM retry? Stuff like that. Sony need to chill on GAAS as they can't even get older school MP stuff ready and out the door in a timely fashion.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Do it smartly. Where's a beefed up UC or TLOU 1 Factions games, backed by PS Tournaments or something? Where's a SOCOM retry? Stuff like that. Sony need to chill on GAAS as they can't even get older school MP stuff ready and out the door in a timely fashion.
A updated Warhawk with next gen graphics would sell like hot cakes and they'd be able to get paid in mtx. Idk WTF they think sometimes.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
A updated Warhawk with next gen graphics would sell and they'd be able to get paid in mtx. Idk WTF they think sometimes.
Yeah exactly, they could release a TLOU Factions 1 "remastered" and give it it's own "lost levels" gimmick, as there's levels from TLOU1, Left Behind to add, and just have that as a MP game with mtx like cosmetics etc. Separate from TLOU Online MMO, whatever its supposed to be. And freed from the sequel game killing previous MP games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah exactly, they could release a TLOU Factions 1 "remastered" and give it it's own "lost levels" gimmick, as there's levels from TLOU1, Left Behind to add, and just have that as a MP game with mtx like cosmetics etc. Separate from TLOU Online MMO, whatever its supposed to be. And freed from the sequel game killing previous MP games.
The thing is those games did good with dlc and mtx so idk WTF (if rumors are true) they deferring to wth Bungie says. Man just make the game bigger like they said, with seasonal shit like Fortnite does with new cosmetics every few months and you have a gold mine!

Reactions: ksdixon
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The thing is those games did good with dlc and mtx so idk WTF (if rumors are true) they deferring to wth Bungie says. Man just make the game bigger like they said, with seasonal shit like Fortnite does with new cosmetics every few months and you have a gold mine!
Bro imagine the seasonal changes are zombie infestations in different parts of the world in TLOU, with diff characters and such and we get a nice mini movie we see like fortnite and COD does every new season. That would be dope asf and I'd be all in! New weapons available every season to kill the zombies/infected.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
how many of you were around during ps3? we had Killzone, Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted, fat princess, LBP etc. Sony makes great GAMES not only single player games. Any genre they touch has a seal of quality. Let them try it out again, its been over 10 years now.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
That's what boils my piss the most. Tlou1 Factions needed a marketing push as an evergreen standalone MP title like Infamous 2nd Son's DLC got. Not keeping the entire PS4 remastered game installed. It has the early battle royal template in there with "survivors" mode, as well as the encroaching spores wall gimmick on tap.

They sold mtx, or did we buy nothing?

As soon as Division showed up with their overworld and bespoke mission areas, or Destiny with its lobby and it's daily raids, TLOU1 Factions should have had a proper overhaul.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So if instead of 12 GaaS they would have to release a couple then they should cancel the games from the 2 studios with people who made Halo or Destiny, or the Naughty Dog one, or the ones who worked on CoD and many other top shooters, or the one from the people who made AC/Watchdogs/The Division/For Honor/Rainbow Six Siege plus worked on multiple Far Cry, Splinter Cell etc? Or wouldn't have paid a bigger sequel to the Helldiver guys after the big success of the first one? Or wouldn't have allowed Sony London make the game they always wanted to make?

All these things sound are things I'd greenlight. Plus GT7 and MLB.

how many of you were around during ps3? we had Killzone, Resistance, Warhawk, Uncharted, fat princess, LBP etc. Sony makes great GAMES not only single player games. Any genre they touch has a seal of quality. Let them try it out again, its been over 10 years now.
I'm here since the day Sony published games for the MSX.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So if instead of 12 GaaS they would have to release a couple then they should cancel the games from the 2 studios with people who made Halo or Destiny, or the Naughty Dog one, or the ones who worked on CoD and many other top shooters, or the one from the people who made AC/Watchdogs/The Division/For Honor/Rainbow Six Siege plus worked on multiple Far Cry, Splinter Cell etc? Or wouldn't have paid a bigger sequel to the Helldiver guys after the big success of the first one? Or wouldn't have allowed Sony London make the game they always wanted to make?

All these things sound as things I'd greenlight.

I'm here since the day Sony published games for the MSX.
Im 45 so been here since all those things. My main console use to be turbogrfx and Sega but Sony ended being my preferred after Sega dropped out and well you know PC engine dropped out as well.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Im 45 so been here since all those things. My main console use to be turbogrfx and Sega but Sony ended being my preferred after Sega dropped out and well you know PC engine dropped out as well.
Let's be real, thanks to Nintendo's monopolistic policies and NEC being morons, TG-16 was never really in the race to be able to really drop out of it.