Concord: Official Revealed | State of Play

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
The issue for me is that I bought OW and didn't really feel it. Most of my time goes to D2....

So, I know this will be paid, not f2p.... so I doubt I will get into it.
The problem with Overwatch is it's a fps moba while this is a traditional arena fps. I know I'll like this better then the abomination that is Overwatch, dont get me wrong, I do love a good moba and looking forward to Smite 2 this July. But whos ever idea it was to make Overwatch a fps moba game needs to be fired.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I was never into overwatch so this ain't for me. I hope it's good and people enjoy it.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Gameplay looks really solid, it does have that Bungie feel from looking at it. Some folks need to accept that not everything is for them and the new-gen don't give AF about boomer shooters they mention. It's obvious they wanna own the IP and cover the Hero-shooter genre, they know the numbers of Apex/Overwatch on PS4.

Hermen was very confident in it from the meeting, I am curious if they looked at Helldivers 2 success and attach a lower price point to it. Think it would fare better that way.

Reactions: Danja

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
looks better than Avowed
JDFGKve.gif

JD35FS4.gif

JD35BNS.gif

• party
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I’ll give it a try. Not a fan of Destiny or Overwatch, but it looks quality.

When it comes to GAAS games, the game has to speak for itself. If it has good player reception, it could do well enough. Valorant is and overwatch are huge, if this game can outdo them, fans of those games will notice.

I hope this is no more than $50. Live service games get a lot of shit for annoying monetization, but Sony may have found a way gain some attention by delivering these type of games, with upfront cost, high quality and good base content. Interested how this one performs. 1 preorder for multiple beta keys is also smart.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Considering there’s not many 5v5 competitive multiplayer on console outside Rainbow 6 Siege & COD I could see this going good tbh.

Looks like Destiny & Overwatch/Valorant had a baby.

If they have a search & destroy or CSGO/Valorant economy style mode I can see this going good with the moba hero aspect.

Interested in the open beta. This game should be F2P since it’s solely a PVP game at $40 it would be a tougher buy considering other hero shooter game like Apex, Valorant, R6 are F2P or like $10-$20 (R6). Hopefully they have camo challenges for the guns or some sort of progression outside unlocking new heroes or playing just to play for fun.

Reactions: kuzon and Puff

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Marathon is an extraction shooter ala Tarkov.

This is a hero shooter ala Overwatch or Valorant

Helldivers is a PvE shooter.

Destiny is PvE and PvP.

Fairgames is a heist shooter ala PayDay

Sony is throwing the dice in every genre to see where they can gain traction.

My guess is that Blundell's team will be working on a battle royal shooter.
I’m don’t see Blundell working a battle royal the br that exist are all easy staple making a br would be hard.

I can see Blundell making a pvp competitive shooter that’s more military shooter with a pve side mode like zombies that’s more phantasy base

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
This makes sense coming day one to pc sorry I don’t have the capacity to support this kinda of games

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
Hopefully this should be free part of PlayStation plus subscription as I don’t see many paying for this

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
My problem with this is that it looks generic - I said this much in the live thread. It looks like this game has released plenty of times before. I hope I'm wrong because I gain nothing about being right, but I think this will either flop, or have a very short grace period where it reaches like 300 CCU and then falls off a cliff.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob and kuzon

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I’ll be honest I like the banter and the acting to bad go wasted on a pvp garbage

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
I don't understand why everyone was so hopeful about Concord when there was almost no information about the project.

The result was some GaaS crap with a generic style.

Probably from Sony's Showcase, we should now expect only GaaS and ports to torrent, or rather to PC.

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I actually like the aesthetic and style of this.
Would have loved if this was PvE or had PvE elements to it. Now it’s just Overwatch in a new optic. Not sure what Sony saw in this really.
What are the expectations for this? And what happens to the studio if this flops?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hopefully this should be free part of PlayStation plus subscription as I don’t see many paying for this
I think fully F2P not just under PS+ on console

Hero shooter already competitive in PC so having a barrier doesn’t seem smart also hero shooter on PC are F2P

F2P on PS5 & PC. Then have a special addition for $40 that unlock all launch characters that way they can have a low F2P barrier & a low barrier and not getting all launch hero’s.

Characters should be free like Overwatch or Apex & unlock through earning gold or some sort of in game currency to easily unlock new heroes free. Or have some sort of R6 system where you pay for the battlepass & get 1 week early access for new heroes & players who decide to not pay for the battlepass can unlock the new heroe using in game currency after the first week.

Reactions: kuzon

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m curious about pricing but it definitely seems NOT f2p. They listed ps plus requirements as well. So it’s gonna be premium priced and behind ps plus paywall.

With the amount of narrative content they’re promising it’s also unrealistic to expect that free. And also bizarre because why would a overwatch-like PvP only game need weekly narrative and episodic content?

I’m not really expecting Sony to launch much of anything f2p.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I mean we are forgetting Overwatch was a smash hit right out of the gate when it sold for 60$, it went downhill for them when they went f2p. If its 60-70$ game where they don't charge anymore for future heroes and as such I can see this doing fine, the monetisation being egregious will kill the game not whether it is paid or f2p

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Overwatch 2 is completely f2p without a ps plus/xbl paywalls as barrier for entry and is currently tracking behind Destiny and Fallout 4 on Xbox.

So it kinda needs to surpass current overwatch to even make a splash.

I will continue to doubt the viability of the hero gimmick aspect of the hero shooter.