Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
When you guys get to play, I would love to hear your experiences, especially with people leaving games early.

It was one of the major things that annoyed me during the beta and would love to see if they have managed to remedy it somehow.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I'm about as PvP centric a gamer as you can get and I have NO IDEA if I like this game better than Valorant / Overwatch. I just know that I'm playing it for some reason lol

• haha
Reactions: Danja and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm about as PvP centric a gamer as you can get and I have NO IDEA if I like this game better than Valorant / Overwatch. I just know that I'm playing it for some reason lol
The old Asian woman with the catapult is really fun to play.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't like Valorant gameplay... it is seems too dated and bad to me.

Now compared to Overwatch I think based in the beta that the first focus more in solo play while Concord is more team based play.
Ohhhh Concord bonus you for shifting characters too... you receive crew bonus for that so it maybe make you invest in learn how to play at least in more characters than Overwatch.

Some complained the gameplay is slow and TTK high but that is only if you don't get crew bonus... with crew bonus even the slowest characters get really fast and the TTK decreases a lot.

I won't hide you that I love Destiny Crucible... Concord feels a lot like it and at the same time try to force you in a more team play.
Still using the Destiny analogy it should be like a Destiny Trials of Osiris in a 5v5 form.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
She shoots those little balls, ok, not exactly a catapult but a crossbow.

Lark the alien spore character is also fun

It is too OP... I see why they make you reload each shot :D
If she had like 3 shots before reload she should be invincible.

Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
When you guys get to play, I would love to hear your experiences, especially with people leaving games early.

It was one of the major things that annoyed me during the beta and would love to see if they have managed to remedy it somehow.

I think they have sorted it.

**Join-in-progress feature:** It was absent for Beta, but we're happy to announce that this feature will be launching with Concord! This feature helps to backfill team members who have left a game early, helping to ensure all matches are as evenly populated as possible.

**Quitter Penalty:** Also absent for Beta but will be present at Launch. Quitter penalties will be applied to players who intentionally leave games early. There is a bit of grace given for the first couple of leaves, but after enough warnings, users will receive a Quitter Penalty that will put their ability to queue up on a cool down. The more penalties a player racks up, the longer a player will be prevented from queuing. Our goal is to help encourage healthy team play, fair matches, and respectful behavior. Quitter Penalties should help discourage repeat behavior of quitting mid-match so that both teams see their game through to completion.

Ill be on in an hour or so, just finished work stuff

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just played my first game. Back to Level 1 after reaching 20 from the Beta.
New map, 12 in total I believe. There are people saying that the beta had the full map selection which is bs. Spreading lies. There are more.

New map was cool. Im not expert on PVP games so Im no expert on map designs. but I liked the level. Plus I won haha.

Got the hardest trophy on my first match, kill 5 in a row without dying @Danja1187 . Luckily you can tell some of these people hadnt played before, so it easier. But how lucky was that, 1st match.

New training modes are just basic modes. Targets are like cardboard cutouts that move, like most fps games.

-Practice range. Which is like a Free mode. Not sure how to get past the barrier so i stopped after a fe mins. But you just move around the level with any character and practice lol

-Training, you go through some moves and tasks with Teo Haymar and Star Child. With a time trail mode at the end

- Time trails. Does what it says. Only 5 and need to be unlocked per your overall level.

Say what you want about the script and it trying too hard to be “sparky” (which I agree) but the voice acting and facial animations for characters like Lennox is pretty good quality. Textures on his face etc.

So far The galactic map is interactive map that lets you read some lore and the route for story? I started pinging, but got scared so I cancelled lol. Not sure what all this is.

Anyway, back to playing for an hour before switching off. This is the kind of game I can jump in play an hour or more a few times a week. Like GT7, COD Zombies, Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 etc. Ill be playing all day after Thursday because have work to finish till then

Reactions: Dick Jones

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Any word how sales / popularity are going? Any hope?

No idea, tbh as long as the matches take less than a minute, It doesnt bother me. How little steam numbers there are etc.
I know 7 friends have pre ordered it now on my friends list, posted a pic when it was 6 lol. Not including my real life friends who I play online with.

Theres a thank you message at the start, they seem passionate. Lets hope it gets supported for a year at least.

In my head, it will be reviewed awful and already has the worst reception a PS game has ever got. But Im enjoying the game.

You can tell alot of people who claim to have played the game are lying. Saying its like Valorant, or the Beta was the full game, which are both incorrect. Plus they are frothing at the mouth about the game and in multiple threads/forums talking shit on it lol. But they are PVP “experts” who have tried the game

Reactions: Danja