Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Well Played for over an hour and half, no match making issues. At least it sold some copies haha
Yeah same, hopefully it’ll have activity for at least half a year. I gotta say I’m impressed with this game… very rare a PvP game is this polished at launch. Lots of maps too, ready for my party to hop on lol.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah same, hopefully it’ll have activity for at least half a year. I gotta say I’m impressed with this game… very rare a PvP game is this polished at launch. Lots of maps too, ready for my party to hop on lol.
I cant seem to get off lol. Been losing alot too

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Looks like the rating system is from the Beta. It should have been only for people who purchased it. Pretty dumb move by Sony to allow that to happen and share rating from a beta.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke and ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Just played my first game. Back to Level 1 after reaching 20 from the Beta.
New map, 12 in total I believe. There are people saying that the beta had the full map selection which is bs. Spreading lies. There are more.

New map was cool. Im not expert on PVP games so Im no expert on map designs. but I liked the level. Plus I won haha.

Got the hardest trophy on my first match, kill 5 in a row without dying @Danja1187 . Luckily you can tell some of these people hadnt played before, so it easier. But how lucky was that, 1st match.

New training modes are just basic modes. Targets are like cardboard cutouts that move, like most fps games.

-Practice range. Which is like a Free mode. Not sure how to get past the barrier so i stopped after a fe mins. But you just move around the level with any character and practice lol

-Training, you go through some moves and tasks with Teo Haymar and Star Child. With a time trail mode at the end

- Time trails. Does what it says. Only 5 and need to be unlocked per your overall level.

Say what you want about the script and it trying too hard to be “sparky” (which I agree) but the voice acting and facial animations for characters like Lennox is pretty good quality. Textures on his face etc.

So far The galactic map is interactive map that lets you read some lore and the route for story? I started pinging, but got scared so I cancelled lol. Not sure what all this is.

Anyway, back to playing for an hour before switching off. This is the kind of game I can jump in play an hour or more a few times a week. Like GT7, COD Zombies, Helldivers 2, Destiny 2 etc. Ill be playing all day after Thursday because have work to finish till then
You got them kills playing as Lark?

Are there any new modes? Or just the same ones from the beta?

Did they adjust the kill limit in TDM focused modes? Or still 30?

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I'm a Lark main too. Pretty powerful character. You don't need to have crazy reflexes or be very accurate to be super effective.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You got them kills playing as Lark?

Are there any new modes? Or just the same ones from the beta?

Did they adjust the kill limit in TDM focused modes? Or still 30?

Yeah Lark, when I got low health Id teleport, heal and come back. Had a 4 kill streak too but got lucky the first match was all newbs. Got smashed and seems like there are some great team combos going on. Easy to lay some bullets in the air around a corner, and get them from the other side with some more and melee.

I think they’ve nerfed Lark a bit but not sure, seems he does less damage.

Seems like there is 6 modes, 3 training modes, 12 maps. But Ive only been playing TDM

Only 30 atm. I hope they can do private matches and you change the settings, map, mode, win count etc. Not sure if other PVP games do that?

With people not dropping out, its alot more even and more balanced

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm a Lark main too. Pretty powerful character. You don't need to have crazy reflexes or be very accurate to be super effective.
Exactly, Im not the best at PVP FPS games. And when you just speed it up and lay some traps, it can feel pretty awesome lol

Outside of Destiny 1 PVP, I suck.
COD I can survive and sometimes get highest score when it matches me with other shite players, but its rare and takes me a few days to get use to it.
Concord because it feels alot like Destiny 1, Im comfortable with and enjoy it more than something like COD

Reactions: ethomaz

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
So I think it's safe to say that of all the 5v5 hero shooters, Concord is the most noob / casual friendly. It seems like once you get to understand the characters well enough, it turns into rock paper scissors more than the other titles. Although...Overwatch is pretty RPS too...

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So I think it's safe to say that of all the 5v5 hero shooters, Concord is the most noob / casual friendly. It seems like once you get to understand the characters well enough, it turns into rock paper scissors more than the other titles. Although...Overwatch is pretty RPS too...
It should be until you start to realize crew bonus exists that break the rock paper scissors trend.

Depending on crew bonus a paper can easy win over scissor.
In using the game references a Tank can be end being the fastest Hero of the match.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I've heard they apparently nerfed a few characters like Teo's - Grenades and Roka Hovering not being as high? 🤔

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
LOL Gamestop is offering Concord for free in you trade in a game with a used value of 25 bucks.

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
So people going around online saying match making is bad. And reviewers cant find matches…. BS

Here its taken me less than 45 seconds

Hasnt taken me longer than 45 seconds, with no cross play on.
Brawl and Overrun match me up between 20-45 seconds.

People are claiming to play the game and havent, they are desperately obsessed with this game failing lol

Reactions: Danja

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think Lark’s attack has been nerfed. Not a big deal atm
Hmm that's a bit disappointing. I remember seeing someone's making a thread on the discord complaining about Teo's grenade didn't think they'd actually nerf characters after the Beta. But as long as things are still balanced, I guess

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
LOL Gamestop is offering Concord for free in you trade in a game with a used value of 25 bucks.

You can't make this shit up.

Who cares? If anyone is gonna buy the game it will 90% be through PSN

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
150ish kills clocked in day 1. Would be more if Wukong wasn't out as well. I honestly love this game, and can see myself playing throughout the rest of the year.

Controls feel snappier to anyone else in comparison to the beta?