Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Diversity is always good in games, the term DEI needs to be eradicated as well, there should never be a one size fits all. However the devs needs to read the room better next time and try to not let their own ideologies blind then

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Are there her / him in Concord?

Even Robots have pronounces

v220e8zx7x3d1.jpeg

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Even Robots have pronounces

v220e8zx7x3d1.jpeg
Ohhhhh it is due the English language differentiation.
In Portuguese there is no It... only He (Ele) and She (Ela).... every word has a genre.
Robô (Robot) in Portuguese is a masculine word so it is Ele (He)... the game has it correct.

Anyway I never realized this pronouns in screen even playing a lot of time with him...

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The fact I've played the game so much and not once did I even notice that for 1-Off lol, as you're so focused trying to secure your character, all that shit is irrelevant and has no relevance to anyone. Lol
Imagine hating a game due something like that :eek:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Or they can allow them to make another game since they are extremely talented

They could also do that. If this happens, Sony should make them work on an already known IP that they have like Killzone or Resistance because the interest would be there even with just a title screen reveal and can build them back up to where people will forget about Concord. We'll see what Sony does.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The current state of parts of the gaming community unfortunately. I still think the devs should have just removed it after the initial gameplay reveal to shutdown that noise but oh well.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They could also do that. If this happens, Sony should make them work on an already known IP that they have like Killzone or Resistance because the interest would be there even with just a title screen reveal and can build them back up to where people will forget about Concord. We'll see what Sony does.
The Warhawk IP would suit them better in my opinion 🤔

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Ohhhhh it is due the English language differentiation.
In Portuguese there is no It... only He and She.
Robô (Robot) in Portuguese is a masculine word so it is Ele (He) that the game has it correct.

Anyway I never realized this pronouns in screen even playing a lot of time with him...

Same in Arabic. Robot sounds like male so it's called he, a car is "Sayyarah" so sounds feminine so it's a she. Mostly non-intellect are referred to as "she", animals are referred to according to their sex/gender.

Latin has neutral references though.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

It's much deeper than that. DEI, Blackrock, Sweet Baby Inc and the woke cult are facing a massive pushback by 99% of normal people around the globe, especially in the West where they flourish.

I personally couldn't careless about the game nor its woke agenda as it's not too much because this conflict isn't existent in my country, although it can harm the younger generation at some extent. If I wanted to play the game I would buy it just like I'm most likely gonna buy AC Shadows. I actually find the other extreme as Stellar Blade is as problematic.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

A Resistence with lots of similar weapons/powers from Concord could work. Killzone is just too different feeling.

Id love them to do a campaign FPS like Timeplitters level design or No1 lives forever. Then have standard PVP modes for FPS games

Reactions: peter42O

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The Warhawk IP would suit them better in my opinion 🤔
Yeah that would be sweet with a FPS mode instead of 3rd person. Unless my memory is totally failing me.
I just want the core FPS gameplay with all the different playstyles/weapons

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's much deeper than that. DEI, Blackrock, Sweet Baby Inc and the woke cult are facing a massive pushback by 99% of normal people around the globe, especially in the West where they flourish.

I personally couldn't careless about the game nor its woke agenda as it's not too much because this conflict isn't existent in my country, although it can harm the younger generation at some extent. If I wanted to play the game I would buy it just like I'm most likely gonna buy AC Shadows. I actually find the other extreme as Stellar Blade is as problematic.
same, the whole outrage is bs tbh

Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Danja
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

That is exactly the point.
Others games have similar or even more issues.

But maybe this one was used as scapegoat? Not sure... people don't liking it is normal but people hating it to the point to create narratives to avoid the game in every single social place is weird.

Some will say the game floped because it was bad but at the end of day most people didn't even give a chance to try it.
The narrative was already set to fail way before the launch.

We can take metacritic as example... Concord is really a 60ish game? I mean compare it to Redfall? Man Redfall doesn't even look like a game compared with Concord but we are here with both having the same score and even if you say both flopped Concord sales was way way way lower than Redfall.
Or even the high praised Hellblack 2 lol
Concord absolutely crush that game in gameplay.

My point... several games similar to Concord with worst gameplay and very bugged got better sales.
Plus got better metacritic score.

And people on socials still hates the game to max level even after it got closed.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
That is exactly the point.
Others games have similar or even more issues.

But maybe this one was used as scapegoat? Not sure... people don't liking it is normal but people hating it to the point to create narratives to avoid the game in every single social place is weird.

Some will say the game floped because it was bad but at the end of day most people didn't even give a chance to try it.
The narrative was already set to fail way before the launch.

We can take metacritic as example... Concord is really a 60ish game? I mean compare it to Redfall? Man Redfall doesn't even look like a game compared with Concord but we are here with both having the same score and even if you say both flopped Concord sales was way way way lower than Redfall.
Or even the high praised Hellblack 2 lol
Concord absolutely crush that game in gameplay.

My point... several games similar to Concord with worst gameplay and very bugged got better sales.
Plus got better metacritic score.

And people on socials still hates the game to max level even after it got closed.

I personally think the game got what it deserves. Devs themselves are scums, but if the game attracted my attention I would buy it anyway. Concord dying and Sony losing over $100M is good so they can put woke agenda aside and focus on making good games that make profit. If TLOU2 was just like TLOU1 in terms of focus it would've sold over 30M easily.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I personally think the game got what it deserves. Devs themselves are scums, but if the game attracted my attention I would buy it anyway. Concord dying and Sony losing over $100M is good so they can put woke agenda aside and focus on making good games that make profit. If TLOU2 was just like TLOU1 in terms of focus it would've sold over 30M easily.
But what was the woke agenda ink this game?

BTW I believe even if this game was not launched on PC with it bad exposition… if it was a PS5 only game it should not be closed and have more use base to maintain it.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I understand the deal against dei/woke. I hope Sony learns from it. If they have learnt properly they would understand this had good gameplay and the character designs, dei is what what killed it. Ontop of the crazy medua pile on with no fan defense this time round. And reskin would work lol.

I do think it got extra hate because it was a PS game though as usual. Others have done the woke way worse and got away with it.

But yes, Sony needs to nip this in the blood from now on. TLOU2, yes would of done even better than it already has. Some due to abbey/trans and some due to joel death. Im not sure if its 50/50 but it had an impact for sure. I actually love TLOU2.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But what was the woke agenda ink this game?
I think it was a few things at least.

The general pronouns. Some of the developers ( probably chracter designers ) saying political stuff on twitter and social media which was typical of woke stuff. Some character designs being inclined with those standards etc.

Even if its not in gameplay, its already gonna cause a divide between fans and “war”

And of course others done it way worse, but this is Playstation doing it. The usual pro woke media went hating in a different angle.

You know I love the game. But say one thing wrong and people cancel you either side

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think it was a few things at least.

The general pronouns. Some of the developers ( probably chracter designers ) saying political stuff on twitter and social media which was typical of woke stuff.

Even if its not in gameplay, its alraedy gonna cause a divide between fans and “war”
But what is so woke about Pronouns in 2024? They are part of society and has been for close to a decade now and will not go anywhere. Do I think some of them are ridiculous and extreme? Absolutely. Unless the devs were labeling characters random stuff to be edgy... He / Him, She / Her, They / Them are literally standards stuff now.

We can say we don't like the character designs but are they actually woke? No! They're just unappealing

Devs should be allowed to have their own views as do gamers have their own views.

But still what exactly was so woke about the actual game, it's stupid as there was no agenda being pushed lol

Reactions: Kokoloko