Concord Registers Only 1100 players during first Day of Closed Beta (Steam) | 2210 Players at Open Beta

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony is apparently struggling to keep the lights on....? They need a gaas hit to save them?? But during the PS5 gen, they've already made more profit than the entirety of PS4/PS3/PS2/PS1 gen combined? And that was BEFORE the release of Helldivers 2??

They spend 3x’s as much money developing and marketing games with short sales tails, more so than the ps3 generation.

All you have to do is look at their financials that they release every quarter to see that profits are shrinking not growing larger

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They spend 3x’s as much money developing and marketing games with short sales tails, more so than the ps3 generation.

All you have to do is look at their financials that they release every quarter to see that profits are shrinking not growing larger
This is from their last business segment....And remember that gaas investment overtook single player game investment overnight, and many projects have been cancelled. The reason they're bleeding too much is because of all the money they're wasting on gaas development and buying garbage gaas studios. Notice how the operating income starts to decline when gaas investment goes up? 🤔 Vast majority of that is cancelled games and doa slop like Concord....but yeah single player games are the issue.

What you and some greedy beancounter at Sony say doesn't magically change reality and basic common sense. Their words aren't gospel, and just cuz u fell for the corporatespeak, doesn't mean the rest of us have. It's literally no different from idiots like Colteastwood that keep harping on about how Xbox saw the future and console gaming is dead and they're going to reach 2 billion gamers because Phil Spencer said so.....Keep trying to squeeze that rock and it'll eventually turn into ashes 🤷‍♂️

GOyBjNpWwAAgMEF

GHW8NUeWIAAP3PL.jpg:large

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is from their last business segment....And remember that gaas investment overtook single player game investment overnight, and many projects have been cancelled. The reason they're bleeding too much is because of all the money they're wasting on gaas development and buying garbage gaas studios. Notice how the operating income starts to decline when gaas investment goes up? 🤔 Vast majority of that is cancelled games and doa slop like Concord....but yeah single player games are the issue.

What you and some greedy beancounter at Sony say doesn't magically change reality and basic common sense. Their words aren't gospel, and just cuz u fell for the corporatespeak, doesn't mean the rest of us have. It's literally no different from idiots like Colteastwood that keep harping on about how Xbox saw the future and console gaming is dead and they're going to reach 2 billion gamers because Phil Spencer said so.....Keep trying to squeeze that rock and it'll eventually turn into ashes 🤷‍♂️

GOyBjNpWwAAgMEF

GHW8NUeWIAAP3PL.jpg:large
To be fair a lot of the decrease in profits was due to amortization of the cost of buying bungie. But the cancellation of TLoU Factions definitely hurt big time, and imo they already missed the boat on big MP shooters/gaas. Trend chasing barely ever works, they should instead be trying to innovate the next big thing.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
To be fair a lot of the decrease in profits was due to amortization of the cost of buying bungie. But the cancellation of TLoU Factions definitely hurt big time, and imo they already missed the boat on big MP shooters/gaas. Trend chasing barely ever works, they should instead be trying to innovate the next big thing.
That doesn't refute my point at all tho, Bungie is what I consider a garbage gaas studio 🤣 which I know will piss a lot of people on this forum off, no offense to them😂

The reason they're bleeding too much is because of all the money they're wasting on gaas development and buying garbage gaas studios.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the 6 GAAs games they cancelled probably cost them 700M+ dollars, if each one of them had a 100M budget that alone already puts it on more than half a billion, TLOU MP had 4 entire years of development they even hired Fortnite people

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This forum will have 6 topics concern trolling, spreading FUD and hate over concord and like no discussion on Astro Bot that just released new information and clips today. Even when those topics are created no one pst in them.

Explains how shit this forum is. It’s just as bad as Neogaf, and i assume most posters here only aren’t posting there because they can’t. Same toxic miserable mentality

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

But PS5 gen has already been PlayStation's most profitable ever and this is before heavy hitters like GTA VI and GoTS 2.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This forum will have 6 topics concern trolling, spreading FUD and hate over concord and like no discussion on Astro Bot that just released new information and clips today. Even when those topics are created no one pst in them.

Explains how shit this forum is. It’s just as bad as Neogaf, and i assume most posters here only aren’t posting there because they can’t. Same toxic miserable mentality
Crazy that I've had better discussions about Concord on Twitter of all places.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
the 6 GAAs games they cancelled probably cost them 700M+ dollars, if each one of them had a 100M budget that alone already puts it on more than half a billion, TLOU MP had 4 entire years of development they even hired Fortnite people
You're typing bullshit with that 700 million estimate but go off.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

you made wild claims and I respectfully debunked them with facts, now you're mad?? WTF?? 😂 Calm down bruh

I've interacted with almost every Astro Bot post made, including the ones you made...

And I'm permabanned from making threads 🤷‍♂️ I used to make positive threads all the time before that....

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
you made wild claims and I respectfully debunked them with facts, now you're mad?? WTF?? 😂 Calm down bruh

I've interacted with almost every Astro Bot post made, including the ones you made...

And I'm permabanned from making threads 🤷‍♂️ I used to make positive threads all the time before that....

I’m not even referring to you

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They don’t understand that single player games aren’t keeping the lights on at SIE

Before you know it they are gonna be forced to either cut back on production, port to other platforms, or fill their single player games with MTX like ubisoft does.

And no one wants any of the above. You should all pray that the multiplayer gamers do well enough to continue to fund 300m dollar naughty dog and god of war games
If the big tentpoles with their 10+ millions sales on 1 platform are unsustainable for Sony then the whole industry should give up. They are one of the only publisher with constantly amazing sales spread across multiple IPs.

By the end of this Gaas Project, Sony might have lost over 1 billion and their image will forever be tainted. They might already be halfway there with the cancellation of TLOU Online, Twisted Metal, London GAAS, Deviation, Spiderverse and whatever I'm forgetting. I'm not sure if Concord will ever recoup anything. It's not looking good 😬

That's the full budget of 3 Spider-Man and Wolverine.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not sure gaas has to hit that 10 million sales metric either. The goal could even be smaller multiplayer games that can sustain a decent sized playerbase that can be monetized dependably month after month and hopefully year to year. They may not have to hit megaton status and just provide reoccurring revenues consistently.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
If the big tentpoles with their 10+ millions sales on 1 platform are unsustainable for Sony then the whole industry should give up. They are one of the only publisher with constantly amazing sales spread across multiple IPs.

By the end of this Gaas Project, Sony might have lost over 1 billion and their image will forever be tainted. They might already be halfway there with the cancellation of TLOU Online, Twisted Metal, London GAAS, Deviation and whatever I'm forgetting. I'm not sure if Concord will ever recoup anything. It's not looking good 😬
Exactly 😂 thank you, it’s like cmon people please take more than 5 seconds to think about what you’re saying. 95% of gaas fail…this nonsense about how Sony NEEDS a big live service hit to exist is as infuriating to hear as people saying Sony NEEDS the pennies they make from PC ports, or how they NEED cloud to expand beyond console 🤦‍♂️ None of that bs holds up when you stop and actually think about it for more than a few seconds

People really can’t think for themselves anymore, they take greedy bean counters words as gospel and throw all common sense out the window. No offense @Neversummer and @Remember_Spinal , I like you guys. I blame forum posters like Yurinka and Mibu for pushing that nonsense so much that the fans just start to accept it as the truth.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters