Concord Review Thread

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Probably PS+ and F2P.
Destruction All Stars studio got sold, not sure when but the game servers were still running and had people on there til May 2024, till it got a bug lol. Kinda like TLOU Factions still has players online now

Sony would be wise to just release the 3 seasons that are paid for and in that time change the character designs and crap, even a reskin will better than nothing. Surely they can see the message on the wall. Put it on F2P too. It already has a tiny/small base that isnt having any match making issues and enjoying it.

Why not just change the obvious worse thing about it ( the character designs) and change the thing reviewers are dropping points for most (not being FP2 for the amount of modes it has) which they will probably do and have done before with games, and so have many others
If the devs are smart they should start doing Free Weekends on all platforms occasionally since Sony isn't gonna throw it on PS+ till after September at least

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Unless the devs are sitting on a ton of new new weapons, skins and accessories... I doubt they have any assets to go F2P currently.

There's absolutely no economy in the game and I doubt it can happen with a flip of a Switch. They'd have to retool the entire game and profession system.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Unless the devs are sitting on a ton of new new weapons, skins and accessories... I doubt they have any assets to go F2P currently.

There's absolutely no economy in the game and I doubt it can happen with a flip of a Switch. They'd have to retool the entire game and profession system.

8 years in development and none of that stuff done at all?

Damn... What took 8 years to do?

Reactions: Shmunter
OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
Probably PS+ and F2P.
Destruction All Stars studio got sold, not sure when but the game servers were still running and had people on there til May 2024, till it got a bug lol. Kinda like TLOU Factions still has players online now

Sony would be wise to just release the 3 seasons that are paid for and in that time change the character designs and the crap, even a reskin will better than nothing. Surely they can see the message on the wall. Put it on F2P too. It already has a small fanbase that isnt having any match making issues and is enjoying it.

Why not just change the obvious worse thing about it ( the character designs) and change the thing reviewers are dropping points for most (not being FP2 for the amount of modes it has) which they will probably do and have done before with games, and so have many others
Character designs will naturally be improved with exotic skins.

Progression is the games major issue. It's the least satisfying progression in any 5v5 shooter that exists. There's nothing to play for.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
8 years in development and none of that stuff done at all?

Damn... What took 8 years to do?
It's kinda scary how well propaganda works on even the most rational people 😅.

FireWalk founders started to make moves into forming the studio in 2016 and they were able to get a start up and be formed in 2018 under ProbablyMonsters.

The game was pitched in 2018 to ProbablyMonsters who then raised 200 million to be split between Concord and 2 other games... Sony came onboard in 2018 as well with the pitch and the partnership was announced in 2021...more than likely when the game probably left Alpha stages.

It's not easy to start a new studio, hire up all key roles, fine tune engine and everything. The Order 1886 took 5 years and that game launched with far far far less content.

It's a small studio of just 150 devs, would be weird to think they are sitting on a ton of assets just ready to fire off whenever lol.

We saw the same happen with ArrowHead as well. A game that took 8 years 😉

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The only content I think the game is lacking right now personally is unique modes and maybe unlockable secondary weapons. Otherwise it's a pretty robust product, in my opinion.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Character designs will naturally be improved with exotic skins.

Progression is the games major issue. It's the least satisfying progression in any 5v5 shooter that exists. There's nothing to play for.
Have you already unlocked Teo and now Haymar's variant?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I’d wager microtransactions have been planned for, just not yet dropped.
I don’t they planned it for the first year at least… there is not enough item to sell.

Before people say I don’t know it… the UI shows the slots to everything the game will have… all skins, cosmetic items, etc.

What I believe is that they never planed a model that based on MTX… UI shows that… what they planned is probably year big paid updates… like Destiny in the past.

Imagine having to pay $40 per year to buy the new big expansion.

Year 1 Base: $40 with 3 small updates
Year 2 Expansion: $40 with 3 small updates
Year 3 Expansion: $40 with 3 small updates

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
What I believe is that they never planed a model that based on MTX… UI shows that… what they planned is probably year big paid updates… like Destiny in the past.

arnold-schwarzenegger-no-chance.gif

Didn't they already confirm they have an item shop coming?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
arnold-schwarzenegger-no-chance.gif

Didn't they already confirm they have an item shop coming?
It as a bit vague imo…

He said every season all seasonal content is free.
And he said that cosmetic you can purchase will come out seasonally.

He never said they will have a Store in game… and when that sessional paid cosmetic will come too.

Can they not have a in game store and sells cosmetics via PS Store? Or maybe they let it to plan what to do after the launch?

Right now there is no place in the UI for a in game store… there is a locked place inside Freegunners but seems more some game mechanic to come because it is on side of Crew Build.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don’t they planned it for the first year at least… there is not enough item to sell.

Before people say I don’t know it… the UI shows the slots to everything the game will have… all skins, cosmetic items, etc.

I don’t have the bandwidth to picture how they would be planning expansions for a multiplayer game of this type. Map packs? That model is dead because it fragmented playerbases of haves and have nots making it less viable with each iteration. Destiny is different providing coop campaigns for the money.

If this game can’t sell, and can’t earn its keep via a ps+ or f2p model, it’s off the the glue factory like barbie’s first pony.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
It's kinda scary how well propaganda works on even the most rational people 😅.

FireWalk founders started to make moves into forming the studio in 2016 and they were able to get a start up and be formed in 2018 under ProbablyMonsters.

The game was pitched in 2018 to ProbablyMonsters who then raised 200 million to be split between Concord and 2 other games... Sony came onboard in 2018 as well with the pitch and the partnership was announced in 2021...more than likely when the game probably left Alpha stages.

It's not easy to start a new studio, hire up all key roles, fine tune engine and everything. The Order 1886 took 5 years and that game launched with far far far less content.

It's a small studio of just 150 devs, would be weird to think they are sitting on a ton of assets just ready to fire off whenever lol.

We saw the same happen with ArrowHead as well. A game that took 8 years 😉
At least Helldivers has 100x the CCU of Concord even months after its release. So what was Firewalk doing all this time? Surely it didn't go in actually coding the game and more into meetings about how to cater to a modern audience......

Priorities....

Talking about rational people, your shilling for Sony is taking fucked up forms.
Concord is a glazed turd. Good for you for enjoying it but saying everyone is an idiot for not seeing your side is just wrong. And that's what your posts are saying.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
At least Helldivers has 100x the CCU of Concord even months after its release. So what was Firewalk doing all this time? Surely it didn't go in actually coding the game and more into meetings about how to cater to a modern audience......

Priorities....

Talking about rational people, your shilling for Sony is taking fucked up forms.
Concord is a glazed turd. Good for you for enjoying it but saying everyone is an idiot for not seeing your side is just wrong. And that's what your posts are saying.
More incoherent word drivel from a brain dead PC rat. What does Helldivers CCU has to do with the fact it also launched light on content and the devs also have struggled with major content drops? Small studios like them and FireWalk simply lacked the resources to have months of stuff just developed and waiting to deployed... WHICH was the point of my comment.

As for me being a Sony shill? Yeah them delusions of yours are getting worse, might wanna seek out psychological help for this condition.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Concord was way more heavily promoted than Helldivers leading up to release.

So the idea that gamers only buy what they’re told too doesn’t compute. The biggest successes of the year; Helldivers, Palworld and Wukong had grassroots hype.

Gamers didn’t buy Suicide Squad. Even less bought Concord.