Concord Review Thread

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Some of yall need to be able separate gameplay from other issues like character designs, pronouns and not being FP2 lol.
Why most the reviews praise the gameplay.

Its easy to do it.
I think Sony is retarded for the character designs and not stepping in.
I think Sony is dumb to release this without a campaign for that price point.
I think it was a mistake to release with only 6 modes.
I think Firewalk makes great gameplay and decent graphics lol.

We can take the steps together. I promise your hair wont turn blue and you wont star identifying as a pepperami

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Some of yall need to be able separate gameplay from other issues like character designs, pronouns and not being FP2 lol.

Its easy to do it.

We can take the steps together. I promise your hair wont turn blue and you wont star identifying as a pepperami
Don't believe these lies. I downloaded the beta and my wife's boyfriend gifted me a Switch. /s

OP
OP
Men_in_Boxes

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024

Its easy to do it.

6 modes is 4 too many. It should have been built around 2 in mind at most. Jack of all trades master of none

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
6 modes is 4 too many. It should have been built around 2 in mind at most. Jack of all trades master of none

Im just going by review complaints which is mostly not being FP2 or not enough content.

I really like the first 4 modes but tbh not tried Rivarly mode much.
They already have 2 more modes planned so they could of been worked on for launch.

Theres a couple i could think of

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Im just going by review complaints which is mostly not being FP2 or not enough content.

I really like the first 4 modes but tbh not tried Rivarly mode much.
They already have 2 more modes planned so they could of been worked on for launch.

Theres a couple i could think of
I find the Rivarly the most interesting… yesterday only played it.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I find the Rivarly the most interesting… yesterday only played it.

I havent given it a shot apart from once in beta and twice since buying it, which was scary af lol.
I will defo give a fair play in a couple days, enjoying brawl too much.

How would you recommend tackling it?

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I havent given it a shot apart from once in beta and twice since buying it, which was scary af lol.

It is a bit hard to recommend anything in Rivalry.
I lost a lot of matches before you get the feeling.

What I can say you have a order to select your freegunner... each round the order changes (so you can be the 3rd in the first round but will be 1st in the third round and go last in the 5th round).
And here is the key... choosing your character... remember you can't use the ones that you won a Round.
But the most important is to choose a freegunner that complement your team choices.
I'm not used to tanks... I most never use the woman with a shield but in Rivalry I choose to use her when the team choose most others... so I used her to hold enemies while my team killed them... all the round I did that my team won... sadly in some rounds the others guys didn't understand that but when the whole team understand we ended won very easy the match.

This woman shield example is just an example... basically your team needs to match well for each round and that is where is the key to win... that is why it makes you choose one player per time.

• fire

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

The only recommendation you need is to not venture into that mode solo... Try to have at least 2 friends in your party so y'all can be on mic to organize who you will choose and rotate to get the right crew buffs and strategy alignment

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

If anything, an excellent outcome of Concord's case is how little leverage these mainstream sites have over the gaming population.

It's zero. Paying IGN for fluff pieces is the same as setting money on fire.

And now this is out there for everyone to see.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If anything, an excellent outcome of Concord's case is how little leverage these mainstream sites have over the gaming population.

You can tell you didn't watch the review because the IGN score isn't even the highest one posted on the previous page and they definitely had plenty criticisms. Calling this review a "Fluff Piece" is comical, but that's been your entire approach towards this game... so *pretends to be shocked*

• haha
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
I could not play much over the weekend but over the past few days enjoying it getting rounds in but I have a feeling that I am only seeing half the maps. Not the 12 mentioned, even if I play other modes or is it just my RNG?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I could not play much over the weekend but over the past few days enjoying it getting rounds in but I have a feeling that I am only seeing half the maps. Not the 12 mentioned, even if I play other modes or is it just my RNG?
Nope! I'm sure I have not seen like 5 or 6 maps and I've played since Friday. They have locked specific maps into certain modes which is beyond dumb.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: CrackmanNL

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
The Eurogamer review is so stupid. A quarter of the review is complaining about their names...

• thisistheway

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The scores are utter shit for the game even when the reviewers praise the gameplay… they already set the tone.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can check on the story… if you played the map it will have the point of the story there… I will check mine later but I think I played most of them.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The scores are utter shit for the game even when the reviewers praise the gameplay… they already set the tone.
Yeah 63 Metacritic gives it the kaka orange color badge. Not unexpected.

Upcoming things to watch for:

Ps+?
F2p?
Studio cosure?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah 63 Metacritic gives it the kaka orange color badge. Not unexpected.

Upcoming things to watch for:

Ps+?
F2p?
Studio cosure?

Probably PS+ and F2P.
Destruction All Stars studio got sold, not sure when but the game servers were still running and had people on there til May 2024, till it got a bug lol. Kinda like TLOU Factions still has players online now

Sony would be wise to just release the 3 seasons that are paid for and in that time change the character designs and the crap, even a reskin will better than nothing. Surely they can see the message on the wall. Put it on F2P too. It already has a small fanbase that isnt having any match making issues and is enjoying it.

Why not just change the obvious worse thing about it ( the character designs) and change the thing reviewers are dropping points for most (not being FP2 for the amount of modes it has) which they will probably do and have done before with games, and so have many others

Reactions: Shmunter