Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

While historically low numbers like the ones being experienced by Concord have a tendency to be used to drive narratives that don’t always paint a full picture, that’s not what’s happening here. Liam Deane, principal analyst at Omdia, said, “The Steam numbers are so bad that even without the exact data on the PS5 side we can be pretty certain that the game is doing very badly.”

Other analysts were able to share a bit of insight on the PlayStation side with me. Per Circana analyst Mat Piscatella citing Circana’s Player Engagement Tracker, on Monday August 26, “Concord ranked 147th in US PS5 daily active players across all titles, with fewer than 0.2% of Monday's active PS5 players playing the game.” And analyst Simon Carless, who authors the GameDiscover.co newsletter, estimated that Concord’s total sales are sitting around 10,000 units on Steam, and around 15,000 on PlayStation (he responded to my email Wednesday, August 28, 2024).

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

I just hope the devs move on to something else instead of getting fired.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think Circana’s engagement tracker is trash but if I were to guess it would be under 50k. I don’t trust the estimates but I don’t think they’re too ways off.

Firewalk and Concord are not a homegrown Sony product. They bought them from Probably Monsters. I can see them being shutdown or made into a support studio.

Or… they get shuffled into Blundell’s new team at Sony working on that newly formed bungie splinter studio.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Those number are false. Theres no 10k players on Steam and Matt doesn't have numbers for the EU. The Microsoft funded media is doing it's best to tear down Concord. IGN is joined at the hip with Microsoft at this point. The Black Myth Wukong exclusivity lies and now this.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well I'm still finding games in 5 - 20 seconds so... 🤔

Sometimes I find games instantly as well and I'm not seeing the same names over and over.

I saw a few level one new players last night as well.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah don’t fire the devs. They most likely implemented every decision by executive committee.
I think they need to fire whoever decided to push the woke/DEI so far in character design and story (probably "the professor") and maybe whoever of their marketing/market research/catalog/roadmap/editorial teams decided it was good idea to release it this point of the year and with this marketing strategy without anticipating that the game was going to tank fast enough to give time to fix it before release.

But I'd keep everybody else.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

Yuh Sony should put them on an existing ip & due both singleplayer to recoup aswell as a multiplayer live service because even thoe Concprd is mediocre the gameplay itself feels good similar to Destiny.

There is talent just fire the woke/agenda driven devs & tell the studio to never put any politics like that in there game. Firewalk adding pronouns did nothing to the game all it did was add a huge target (which wouldn’t matter because the heroes in the game are generic & ugly)

If I was Sony I would go ghost & rename the studio, Firewalk name been tainted. Go ghost & fire devs directly/unkown give them the killzone ip let them work on sci fi still but something more grounded, mature & that’s military where people can like from the jump.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sorry but they hired people from the resetera pool of applicants, these guys will make a concord part deux if given another chance
It’s just crazy Sony would not only cosign the game but buy the studio.

There’s many of other multiplayer games from independent studio that are more promising the Sony could’ve bought. For one Splitgate (arena shooter w esports promises), Supervive (top down moba like battle royal perfect for mobile expansion), or just buying arc system work or established studios/publishers such as capcom, WB, or many mobile studios from Japan/Korea.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
EGS December freebie. Then F2P
I think PS will add it to PS+ but I don’t think they’ll make it F2P it’s already doa &!’aking it free to play to still flop on PC w public numbers will bring further toxic/shitshow to the PS brand.

PS will support it till the Amazon show (which Sony thought concord was it to have a Amazon show is crazy a complete miss read of the market by Sony & Firewalk) & have a skeleton crew doing the bare minimum while they transition the studio to a existing ip so the studio can transition fast & not take another 8 years on a generic shooter (how did this game took 8 years to make there’s nothing special about it’s just a arena shooter w mid character design & it’s solely pvp)

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I think PS will add it to PS+ but I don’t think they’ll make it F2P it’s already doa &!’aking it free to play to still flop on PC w public numbers will bring further toxic/shitshow to the PS brand.

PS will support it till the Amazon show (which Sony thought concord was it to have a Amazon show is crazy a complete miss read of the market by Sony & Firewalk) & have a skeleton crew doing the bare minimum while they transition the studio to a existing ip so the studio can transition fast & not take another 8 years on a generic shooter (how did this game took 8 years to make there’s nothing special about it’s just a arena shooter w mid character design & it’s solely pvp)
Hold up. They have show lined up based on this game? How the hell did this game get through the market research phase, let alone someone going forward with a show?

Reactions: toadsage44

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Kinda wish Sony would’ve made a twisted metal live service game instead. There’s a warhammer game that just release on PC & it’s doing better then concord & it’s like twisted metal

If PS made a new twisted metal multiplayer they should go w a valorant art style something that will keep budget low because twisted metal games wouldn’t do well on PC but I can see it having success on PS & Mobile (a new twisted metal game should release on mobile aswell simultaneously)

lee-r-wilson-sweet-tooth-jr-ii.jpg

Go with a valorant art style simplified but still have detail ensure a small budget make it where both kids & adults can enjoy a new twisted metal. Develop it for PS & Mobile & I think you have a small but dedicated community w moderate success monetize skins & vehicles solely cosmetics. A twisted metal w a high budget & hyper realistic graphic is almost suicide as shows with the warhammer twisted metal like game.

Oh & from this concept art a animated Twisted metal movie would be kinda cool ngl.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hold up. They have show lined up based on this game? How the hell did this game get through the market research phase, let alone someone going forward with a show?
Yes. It’s an Amazon prime 1 episode show called secret level. It will be like a episode that’s 30-40 minutes long showing the concord universe 💀

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It does not have an Amazon show. I dunno why people won't do basic fact check before spreading bullshit on this site. It has an episode on the show "Secret levels" many others games and other PlayStation characters will be featured as well.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly