Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I think the number is probably around 8-10k~ on PC and more like 40-50k~ on PS5.
Regardless, when you can't crack 100k units sold in a week, it's omega dire.
For a project of that size, even 100k within the launch day is horrendous.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They should refund the game to these few people and delete the game from existence.

I know the game is technically fine but it's a blight on Playstation’s name and these articles will keep coming up. It should never have been released at all. Complete rejection from the market.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They should refund the game to these few people and delete the game from existence.

I know the game is technically fine but it's a blight on Playstation’s name and these articles will keep coming up. It should never have been released at all. Complete rejection from the market.
Or y'all can let the game die in peace and let people who are enjoying do so

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Or y'all can let the game die in peace and let people who are enjoying do so
It won't die in peace, this news cycle will continue until it finally disappears. Going F2P will just restart this madness because they will still laugh at the CCU and make articles every few minutes. Laughing at Concord is the most lucrative business for journalists and influencers. It's over.

Take that money and go to the spa 😘

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It won't die in peace, this news cycle will continue until it finally disappears. Going F2P will just restart this madness because they will still laugh at the CCU and make articles every few minutes. Laughing at Concord is the most lucrative business for journalists and influencers. It's over.

Take that money and go to the spa 😘
The game is already out there. Killing the game and offering a refund will still be an unprecedented PR disaster for Sony and further embolden a specific group of the community.

Do some free weekends and reduce the price during those weekends, PS+ is still there... Then go F2P with the launch of season 3.

Not because y'all don't play the game means it needs to be canned. Stop caring about whether it's a blight on PlayStation's name... The media will move on to something else to trash the brand either way.

Everyone claims to hate this game so much yet, it's still the most discussed thing even on this forum.

And $40 can't take me to a good spa, but it does provide me with hours of fun with friends through Concord.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Concord was in development before Factions... What's next? They could have avoided COVID shortages by cancelling this game too?. 💀🤣

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Those number are false. Theres no 10k players on Steam and Matt doesn't have numbers for the EU. The Microsoft funded media is doing it's best to tear down Concord. IGN is joined at the hip with Microsoft at this point. The Black Myth Wukong exclusivity lies and now this.
Yeah, I'm totally sure that its Microsoft who forced your corporate master to birth this turd. Well if its so good then go on, eat that delicious turd, shoe kisser.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Concord was in development before Factions... What's next? They could have avoided COVID shortages by cancelling this game too?. 💀🤣
Cancel the development and use the money elsewhere. These things should go through a market research phase and later audience testing. It somehow got through both with no one questioning the game and how it'd do.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
These PS numbers feels like bullshit.

Maybe somebody with both Steam and PS5 version can do a little test… turn Crossplay off and try to get into matches.

If the time on PC is way higher than on PS5 then the PS5 sales are way higher than PC sales and not just 5k.

Reactions: Puff

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Cancel the development and use the money elsewhere. These things should go through a market research phase and later audience testing. It somehow got through both with no one questioning the game and how it'd do.
So you wanted them to cancel the game a month before it was set to be debuted at the showcase last May? Sony did not have the power to cancel the game, it was a property of ProbablyMonsters till last April.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It gone through research phase..in asylum..they approved it. Must have been good 😁
25k sold, sounds about right with targeted audience 🙂

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
yet people like @mibu no ookami will tell you Sony makes absolutely no mistakes and purchasing Firewalk was a great move, he'll also tell you spending 3.6B dollars on Bungie was fantastic to PlayStation even tho this money could've been used to fund over 18 $200 million singleplayer games like God Of War, Horizon or Spiderman that actually sell 10 - 20M copies on playstation alone. but yeah, guess everything is sparkling at PlayStation and there are absolutely no neglicence from the executives and their desperative greed this gen is absolutely normal

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Wait for Haven's Fairgame$
another failure that will have mass boycott specially starting from PC players, the audience that Sony is desperately prostituting their tentpole IPs to, an audience that refuses and bitches about linking a simple PSN account, an audience commonly against woke stuff, i can't wait for The Last of Us Part II to be released on that platform with the "Sweet Baby Inc" detected community, cannot wait for the review bombing and the mostly negative reviews on Steam.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
No, we aren't doing this. Don't harass members.
man the dollar sign at the end has to be cringiest shit I have ever seen, good grief who came up with that
now i ask you, how in the hell is Sony gonna be able to keep studios like Firewalk and Haven with their games selling less than 100k units each across multiple platforms? how will they pay the salaries to the employees if these games are not even paying 1/3 of their development cost, let alone generate a profit? maybe @mibu no ookami can use his financial expertize to explain to us the future of these studios, since he's so good at sucking sony's executives dicks and gives absolutely no fucks about long term implications these dumb decisions that started in 2020 will have to the brand.