Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Could have bought From Soft instead of all these GAAS studios... Now look.
I don't think Kadokawa is interested in selling From Software and I don't think Sony is interested in buying Kadokawa. The only thing they do Sony would be interested in besides From Software is that they make Manga's but they also make a bunch of other things Sony doesn't do so it would require them buying a lot of things they don't need. (They might do some Anime things which I'm not too sure on?)
Could have released Factions as a standard MP game, if they really needed a MP game.
I think focusing on Keeping HellDivers II and Destiny 2's playerbase higher is good enough. They also have Gran Turismo 7 and MLB games which probably have healthy playerbases. But even then they have Marathon and FairGame$ coming so it's not like they don't have more multiplayer stuff coming

Reactions: Bryank75

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I think the number is probably around 8-10k~ on PC and more like 40-50k~ on PS5.
What data are you using to claim the PS5 version outsold the PC version 5 to 1?
On Helldivers 2 it was 2.5 to 1.

Also, why are you assuming it sold 10k copies on PC if the game failed to reach 700 players at release which was on a friday night, and it's only been worse since then?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Concord is now ranked 87 on psn best selling tracking behind Xbox’s Grounded and other gamepass “hits” like High on Life. I may have miscounted since is tracking so damn low tho. Ummm anyway… absolutely abysmal.

Visions of Mana is at 23. Higher than Concord ever positioned. Vision of mana’s dev team was shut down one day into the game’s launch.

Concord has sold approximately jack shit on PlayStation.

Biggest PlayStation flop of all time. RIP firewalk

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It won't die in peace, this news cycle will continue until it finally disappears. Going F2P will just restart this madness because they will still laugh at the CCU and make articles every few minutes. Laughing at Concord is the most lucrative business for journalists and influencers. It's over.

Take that money and go to the spa 😘

Better off taking games off Steam cause thats gonna be how they will all be treated. We see it with HD2. They will do it with every PS game, its just this was a disaster

Change the character designs and FPS or PS+. Sony cant refund people because they are enjoying the game lol.
Would be way worse PR and Destruction All Stars lasted till May 2024.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
meanwhile Arrowhead, a studio that works actively with PlayStation since 2015 and literally generated their biggest GAAs game so far remains independent, Mihoyo, a company that could've been chosen for an acquisition to increase both GAAs and Mobile ambitions instead of Bungie is now porting a big GAAs game to Xbox (Genshin Impact, actually bigger in playerbase than Destiny btw) a game that used to be exclusive to Playstation consoles and is one of the biggest GAAs games on PSN, but no, according to him Bungie was the excellent acquisition, not something that would actually benefit the PlayStation brand like Mihoyo, also, thanks to these GAAs ambitions, 2023 only saw one tentpole release coming from first party and 2024 has seen none, a crucial year to the generation since it's the exact mid of the generation where consoles and games should sell the most.
Doubt they'd have been able to acquire mihoyo since it's a Chinese studio

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Man you guys are fucking obsessed lol
I honestly would love to see how reactions would be from the general gaming audience if this game has managed to defy odds and still be a moderate success. Because this pile on from PS fans is hella weird as if they are also mad the game isn't a success for their own agenda as well

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I honestly would love to see how reactions would be from the general gaming audience if this game has managed to defy odds and still be a moderate success. Because this pile on from PS fans is hella weird as if they are also mad the game isn't a success for their own agenda as well
I doubt it would defy odds unless they change the designs tbh.
But IGN yesterday was full of shit because of their WuKong story and now they are credible……whatever fits video game fan feelings is credible or uncredible

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
F2P may be to embarrassing at this point. We know the free Beta got ~2k. That’s pretty much the ceiling for this game while free, it’s literally everything that works against gamers interests.

Ps+ is the only way to save face and fill a slot instead of paying a 3rd party.

Reactions: Kokoloko

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
But IGN yesterday was full of shit because of their WuKong story and now they are credible……whatever fits video game fan feelings is credible or uncredible
No one is giving credibility to IGN lol, I predicted the game would sell below 100k copies day 1 of launch. IGN news is just confirming something which we knew all along. Honestly it is an achievement to achieve such low sales, hats off to them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
F2P may be to embarrassing at this point. We know the free Beta got ~2k. That’s pretty much the ceiling for this game while free, it’s literally everything that works against gamers interests.

Ps+ is the only way to save face and fill a slot instead of paying a 3rd party.

Also has to be done with a character redesign I think, just to be some minimal damage control

Reactions: Shmunter

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Well, thank God they shut down Japan Studio and Pixelopus etc.... Cause they only sold a couple million copies or so.

Finally PlayStation has the success they really wanted.

They were really right to not listen to any of their fans. /s

Imagine they had invested 100 million in a new first party JRPG or something that was actually interesting.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well, thank God they shut down Japan Studio and Pixelopus etc.... Cause they only sold a couple million copies or so.

Finally PlayStation has the success they really wanted.

They were really right to not listen to any of their fans. /s

Imagine they had invested 100 million in a new first party JRPG or something that was actually interesting.
Completely true, I agree the japan studio games were commercial failures but in comparison to Concord they are looking to be blockbusters lol. Imagine gettling outsold by gravity rush 2.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Killer_Sakoman