21 Jun 2022
You guys see this?

Is this trolling?

ktN23t4.png

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I can believe in that date... makes sense... previous big games from Sony launched in October.
But AUS uses the US formate or the normal format?

I asked if this dude was trolling cause it seems like he is.

@kyliethicc is saying that tweet is trolling. I saw it randomly on reddit and it was taken off twitter. So I didn't know.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm just amused everytime when you put Month before Day lol
It makes no sense :D

Or you go Year Month Day or Day Month Year.
It makes sense because it's often how people speak.

"When are you getting your appendectomy?"

"I'm glad you asked, why it will be on November 10th, 2022." i.e. - 11/10/22"

I almost never hear people say "the tenth of November," or likewise, in conversation. That's of course perfectly valid to say, I just don't really hear it in casual conversation.

Of course I understand the viewpoint of day/month/year as well. Nothing wrong with that. But that's assuming that listing things in an order has to be in ascending (or descending depending on how you do it) in every circumstance. That just does not hold logic though, because it's more about how people communicate and less about ordering time hierarchies by which unit has more hours in them. But again, for the countries that do it that way and people read it that way since birth, of course it looks more natural to them. Just like the "American" way looks more natural to me. I certainly don't go around saying other people are wrong though. What a bizarre notion.

Small note. If something "doesn't make sense", instead of derision, try asking a question. Hm, why do some people look at this thing differently than I do? You can often learn something.

Or we could all just use Unix Timestamps. Yep, the appointment is at 1668117600. And then those people could get high and mighty about how imprecise everyone else is being who don't use timestamps.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Oh people are running with it full r----d

There are so many things I wanna say given the OP of that tweet but it's not on-topic so...
Just gonna stare at the irony in amazement.

People sending peen pics and going through staff's personal photos demanding to know why they're doing anything but working is unhinged though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It makes sense because it's often how people speak.

"When are you getting your appendectomy?"

"I'm glad you asked, why it will be on November 10th, 2022." i.e. - 11/10/22"

I almost never hear people say "the tenth of November," or likewise, in conversation. That's of course perfectly valid to say, I just don't really hear it in casual conversation.

Of course I understand the viewpoint of day/month/year as well. Nothing wrong with that. But that's assuming that listing things in an order has to be in ascending (or descending depending on how you do it) in every circumstance. That just does not hold logic though, because it's more about how people communicate and less about ordering time hierarchies by which unit has more hours in them. But again, for the countries that do it that way and people read it that way since birth, of course it looks more natural to them. Just like the "American" way looks more natural to me. I certainly don't go around saying other people are wrong though. What a bizarre notion.

Small note. If something "doesn't make sense", instead of derision, try asking a question. Hm, why do some people look at this thing differently than I do? You can often learn something.

Or we could all just use Unix Timestamps. Yep, the appointment is at 1668117600. And then those people could get high and mighty about how imprecise everyone else is being who don't use timestamps.
Not sure about that.
When you write it can be the way you talk... it is normal.

"Quando é seu aniversário?" (When is your birthday?)
"31 de Maio" (May 31).

Both are fine.

The issue is when you use the date format with number only.
May 31 is not confusing and I use and read it just fine... what is confusing is 05/10 instead 10/05.... the May 10 for example not... you see 10/05 what you call it? That is confusing because you never know if the guy that posted it mean May 10 or Oct 5... that is even a bigger issue in a Global company or Global forum or social network.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
feeling bad for Cory and the devs right now 😕

Its fine to be hype an anxious for a game but yall need to know when to stop. Harassing the developers on twitter isn’t gonna speed up development.

Grown ups cursing at people on twitter about a game trailer, good lord

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
feeling bad for Cory and the devs right now 😕

Its fine to be hype an anxious for a game but yall need to know when to stop. Harassing the developers on twitter isn’t gonna speed up development.

Grown ups cursing at people on twitter about a game trailer, good lord
It just a minor vocal weird guys.
They know that.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Not sure about that.
When you write it can be the way you talk... it is normal.

"Quando é seu aniversário?" (When is your birthday?)
"31 de Maio" (May 31).

Both are fine.

The issue is when you use the date format with number only.
May 31 is not confusing and I use and read it just fine... what is confusing is 05/10 instead 10/05.... the May 10 for example not... you see 10/05 what you call it? That is confusing because you never know if the guy that posted it mean May 10 or Oct 5... that is even a bigger issue in a Global company or Global forum or social network.
You're not American and you just used Portuguese to make a point about American English and society.

And this is my point. You're not even listening or thinking about anything I'm saying, or anything outside of your bubble.

10/05/22 is NOT confusing if you grew up reading it and understanding what it means because that's how we speak and use dates out here. It's incredibly simple. You're not an American so you don't need to have an opinion on it. No one out here has an issue with how we use and write dates. When we talk about dates we generally say things like "Yeah, it releases November 5th, 2022." -> i.e. 11/05/22. It's incredibly straightforward and a direct translation of how people talk.

Again here is a question. If someone says "When is your Birthday?" And I say "The 5th" that is a bizarre answer, unless Im implying the 5th of THIS month. But if I answer "oh it's in November," for most people that answer is just fine and enough information. Hence, the Month is the most important factor, and therefore listed first. Again, it's related to how people you know ... communicate.

It's not even an important topic. It just seems bizarre to me to be so stubbornly opinionated about something that makes complete sense if you choose to look at it from a different perspective.

You need to accept the fact that plenty of people do not see the world through the same lens as you and therefore have different opinions. And the reasoning can still be completely sound. I have no problem with how any country or group of people choose to handle their dates. I would expect the same in return.

Talk about a waste of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.