Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You're not American and you just used Portuguese to make a point about American English and society.

And this is my point. You're not even listening or thinking about anything I'm saying, or anything outside of your bubble.

10/05/22 is NOT confusing if you grew up reading it and understanding what it means because that's how we speak and use dates out here. It's incredibly simple. You're not an American so you don't need to have an opinion on it. No one out here has an issue with how we use and write dates. When we talk about dates we generally say things like "Yeah, it releases November 5th, 2022." -> i.e. 11/05/22. It's incredibly straightforward and a direct translation of how people talk.

Again here is a question. If someone says "When is your Birthday?" And I say "The 5th" that is a bizarre answer, unless Im implying the 5th of THIS month. But if I answer "oh it's in November," for most people that answer is just fine and enough information. Hence, the Month is the most important factor, and therefore listed first. Again, it's related to how people you know ... communicate.

It's not even an important topic. It just seems bizarre to me to be so stubbornly opinionated about something that makes complete sense if you choose to look at it from a different perspective.

You need to accept the fact that plenty of people do not see the world through the same lens as you and therefore have different opinions. And the reasoning can still be completely sound. I have no problem with how any country or group of people choose to handle their dates. I would expect the same in return.

Talk about a waste of energy.
American being American lol
It is confusing in any bubble.

And why companies are avoiding to use it including American companies (yeap I work for a big American company)… the moment they start to be globalized they realize it is confusing and so stop to makes things confusing.

Edit - I just checked the reason for US uses MM.DD.YYYY and there is not info about being due how people talks… it is because England colonization when England used MDY and changed to DMY in 20th century.

Plus US Army uses DD.MM.YYYY… so not everybody in US uses MM.DD.YYYY.

Maybe there is some centuries to America change to DD.MM.YYY after all everything is evolution.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
Ubisoft Lapin GIF by Rabbids
Lol I think I was trying to say ravid fanboy, I don't even know how all that came out.

I replaced that part with dumbasses.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
i almost feel sorry for microsoft if this does indeed release in 2022.

the Xbox Series 2022 lineup is the single most embarrassing, insulting thing I've seen in 30+ years of gaming, and following the industry.

this is the greatest disparity in 2 competitors output ever. MS should be ashamed and disgusted.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
i almost feel sorry for microsoft if this does indeed release in 2022.

the Xbox Series 2022 lineup is the single most embarrassing, insulting thing I've seen in 30+ years of gaming, and following the industry.

this is the greatest disparity in 2 competitors output ever. MS should be ashamed and disgusted.

They might feel like it doesnt make a difference since both systems are supply constrained and they are not needing to 'push' sales...
Would be probably their perspective in a business sense.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
"After talking with more folks yesterday, I can definitively say that there was a release date/pre-order announcement planned for yesterday. It was bumped at some point last week. I don't know why. (Speculation is because of Roe v Wade.) Also, PlayStation has been trying to keep secrets so badly that most SSM employees weren't even told about it.

As of this week the game is still on track for November. People working on it say it's huge and seem to be pretty excited about it. Reminds me of the buzz I was hearing before the 2018 one." -- Jason Schreier.

• party
Reactions: Sharinghack

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
Wouldn't be the first time US politics delayed something.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can call me dumb but the abortion issue in US is a more believable excuse than Sony trying to get some random YT employee.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 38

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022

fucking amercians and their politics ruining it for the rest of us

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can't imagine that the delay was politics related. I way more believe the flushing out of the leaker theory and we will get a release date in a week or two.

You can't keep delaying stuff anytime anything "controversial" happens. With the world and outrage culture the way it is, you could never launch a product.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I feel sorry for them if they didn't announce it because of Roe Wade like Jason said. All other industries are still working at full capacity. Parties and tourists everywhere but a video game company had to change their plans 🤣

Clown company 🤡

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.