Cory Barlog Continues to tease Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I hope Sony haven't learned the 'string them along' method from Xbox..... don't give a release date and just say something 'is coming' and people keep buying things and anticipating something big is just around the corner but there is always another corner.....

If you get me?

Could be or it's just Cory Barlog wanting to do another Big Demonstration/Orchestra. I expect the release date to be announced by next month maybe in a State of Play.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its kind of crazy to think but even though there are some solid releases coming out (callisto protocol, Forspoken, plagues tale 2, hogwarts, pokemon, xeno, splatoon, MWII, TLOU, etc) this game not making 2022 would really take this whole year down a notch or two.

Ragnarok releasing either makes this a pretty good year when all is said or done, or really lackluster, even with all the above mentioned games and stuff like Elden Ring, Horizon, Sifu, Kirby, etc.

God of War feels like the only game that will keep Elden Ring from sweeping all the awards. If no Ragnarok this year Elden Ring might surpass The Last of Us 2

Not that I think Elden Ring doesn’t deserve awards but I’d like for it to at least be interesting. I’m not ready for round 2 of the circle jerking from new Fromsoft fans

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Its kind of crazy to think but even though there are some solid releases coming out (callisto protocol, Forspoken, plagues tale 2, hogwarts, pokemon, xeno, splatoon, MWII, TLOU, etc) this game not making 2022 would really take this whole year down a notch or two.

Ragnarok releasing either makes this a pretty good year when all is said or done, or really lackluster, even with all the above mentioned games and stuff like Elden Ring, Horizon, Sifu, Kirby, etc.

God of War feels like the only game that will keep Elden Ring from sweeping all the awards. If no Ragnarok this year Elden Ring might surpass The Last of Us 2

Not that I think Elden Ring doesn’t deserve awards but I’d like for it to at least be interesting. I’m not ready for round 2 of the circle jerking from new Fromsoft fans
I agree, if god of war doesn't make it this year I think 2022 will just be an good/great year instead of an amazing year. Not even PSVR 2 releasing this year with Horzion Call of The Mountain and Astrobot 2 would bring it up to that level!

The thing I fear is Sony delaying the game not because it's not finished but because they want to drop it when PS5 stock is much improved compared to now. The reality is Sony is a business and I can't tell you how many people I know who have a PS4 but will not buy Horizon: Forbidden West even though the PS5 upgrade is literally free with that game because they can't find a PS5! Sony doesn't want to release God of War and opening weekend sales are worse than God of War 2018 because so many people can't find a PS5 during the week of release! That wouldn't look good to shareholders but if the game releases this year and is just as good as the 2018 game I think it can pull another upset and get more goty wins than elden ring!

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I agree, if god of war doesn't make it this year I think 2022 will just be an good/great year instead of an amazing year. Not even PSVR 2 releasing this year with Horzion Call of The Mountain and Astrobot 2 would bring it up to that level!

The thing I fear is Sony delaying the game not because it's not finished but because they want to drop it when PS5 stock is much improved compared to now. The reality is Sony is a business and I can't tell you how many people I know who have a PS4 but will not buy Horizon: Forbidden West even though the PS5 upgrade is literally free with that game because they can't find a PS5! Sony doesn't want to release God of War and opening weekend sales are worse than God of War 2018 because so many people can't find a PS5 during the week of release! That wouldn't look good to shareholders but if the game releases this year and is just as good as the 2018 game I think it can pull another upset and get more goty wins than elden ring!

Thats why i believe sony is now allocating so many PS5’s to the US/UK. Japan got almost no PS5’s last week and I think the week before, same with some other asian territories and European countries. Yet, there has been a PS direct almost everyday this week in the US with stock being in the store for 1-2 hours at a time.

Sony is hitting the west hard with consoles to cater to the markets who are gonna buy The Last of US, Forspoken, and Ragnarok,MWII with the former two being PS5 only releases.

Sony is not gonna let God of War fail. I think delaying it would be just as bad though, it was announced for 2021, to delay it into 2023 would do the game a huge disservice. It would also launch with a stacked early 2023 like Horizon did. I think sony are more worried about PSVR2 in early 2023

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

David Jaffe

VIP
27 Jun 2022
As I've said many times, I have no idea when it's coming out but if I had to bet, I'd bet 2023. ALTHO I do have one person over there saying it's 2022 and it always has been and ANOTHER person over there saying they are hearing it's pushed out. Both are people who would be in the know but both are 'below the line' as it were and often times decisions like these don't trickle down to the team until they are about to break to the public.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Thats why i believe sony is now allocating so many PS5’s to the US/UK. Japan got almost no PS5’s last week and I think the week before, same with some other asian territories and European countries. Yet, there has been a PS direct almost everyday this week in the US with stock being in the store for 1-2 hours at a time.

Sony is hitting the west hard with consoles to cater to the markets who are gonna buy The Last of US, Forspoken, and Ragnarok,MWII with the former two being PS5 only releases.

Sony is not gonna let God of War fail. I think delaying it would be just as bad though, it was announced for 2021, to delay it into 2023 would do the game a huge disservice. It would also launch with a stacked early 2023 like Horizon did. I think sony are more worried about PSVR2 in early 2023
I hope its 2022, Sony Celebrating Horizon's 5th anniversary with Forbidden West, Gran Turismo's 25th Anniversary with GT7, and God of War 2's 15 Year Anniversary with Ragnarok would make 2022 amazing to me, (it would of been nice if they had a Sly Cooper Game this year for the 20th Anniversary or a Ratchet and Clank VR Game for that series 20th Anniversary as well!) It's a shame RE4 remake couldn't hit the 2022 release date the Capcom leaks were pointing too as it would of been nice to have another God of War vs RE4 GOTY battle like in 2005!

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
As I've said many times, I have no idea when it's coming out but if I had to bet, I'd bet 2023. ALTHO I do have one person over there saying it's 2022 and it always has been and ANOTHER person over there saying they are hearing it's pushed out. Both are people who would be in the know but both are 'below the line' as it were and often times decisions like these don't trickle down to the team until they are about to break to the public.
Welcome good sir! Thank you for joining us. :D

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Another reason Sony might be tight-lipped regarding GOWR and its release is the TLOU2 leak disaster.

We all know what damage those leaks did to TLOU2.

Sony probably don't want a repeat.

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I think tomorrow we'll see something about it, surely...but I hope it's more than just a release date, at least give us a trailer.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw and Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think tomorrow we'll see something about it, surely...but I hope it's more than just a release date, at least give us a trailer.

I hope it's not a blog post.... if it is after the had a video presentation for monitors and headphones, I will not be happy with them.

Reactions: LED

Deleted member 131

Retired Athlete
VIP
28 Jun 2022
I don't think its a trailer that might not happen until Sept and not even sure its a blog post at this point maybe even just a Tweet with a date but that is just a guess

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: LED and Bryank75
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The 3 most credible leakers are saying tomorrow, Tom Henderson, Snitch, Schriere.

Sounds like its gonna just be preorder & bundles.

We will probably get something similar to this tomorrow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.