David Jaffe says Sony should buy Ubisoft

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Disgusting, zero value added for PlayStation players since we already have access to all their trashy games.

Ubisoft stinks, but Sony bean counters would likely go for what they see as a value buy instead of going for quality.

Capcom, Square Enix, From Software, all of these are much better purchases if they are going after a publisher.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Who cares what that washed up clickbait loser has to say?

I'm one of the few people here that actually likes Ubisoft and even I don't think this is a good idea.

And Sony isn't competing with Microsoft anymore, they're not competing with anyone anymore since PlayStation is now run by incompetent, spineless hacks.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

I'm one of the few people here that actually likes Ubisoft and even I don't think this is a good idea.

And Sony isn't competing with Microsoft anymore, they're not competing with anyone anymore since PlayStation is now run by incompetent, spineless hacks.
Maybe they are competing with MS in the sense that both are trying to become big third party publisher.

PlayStation is competing with Nintendo and Valve regardless if Sony wants to accept this reality or not.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Ubisoft covers all basis they are lacking 🙆🏽

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I know many people don't like Ubisoft but they would be great... with the right plan.

I would however prefer a combination of From soft and Square, because trying to give Ubisoft games a soul / stronger individual identity than they have.

The Crew could be fantastic if the Polyphony devs helped with handling of cars and physics for instance.

AC could be better if SP helped improve combat...

This type of stuff.

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I know many people don't like Ubisoft but they would be great... with the right plan.

I would however prefer a combination of From soft and Square, because trying to give Ubisoft games a soul / stronger individual identity than they have.

The Crew could be fantastic if the Polyphony devs helped with handling of cars and physics for instance.

This type of stuff.
Yup! Ubisoft has so many good IP's but they just need some fine tuning. As you mentioned with The Crew it's a great game in concept and execution but I truly can't deal with the weightless floaty feeling of the controls.

I've always thought they'd be a good buy. They just need some quality control to be great again

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

This type of stuff.
The issue with Ubisoft is that they are too big and Sony would need to clean house and implement different leadership/culture/management, and right now Sony is trying to figure itself out in the context of AAA single player and GaaS.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

This type of stuff.
well, Hermen Hulst hates Japanese devs, so i don't see it happening

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Disgusting, zero value added for PlayStation players since we already have access to all their trashy games.

Ubisoft stinks, but Sony bean counters would likely go for what they see as a value buy instead of going for quality.

Capcom, Square Enix, From Software, all of these are much better purchases if they are going after a publisher.
yeah, but Ubisoft under Sony's quality control would be good too, Capcom won't sell cause they're doing fine, SE is a must and so is From Software, but i don't have faith in modern Sony to recognize the greatness both could offer together

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The issue with Ubisoft is that they are too big and Sony would need to clean house and implement different leadership/culture/management, and right now Sony is trying to figure itself out in the context of AAA single player and GaaS.

Margot Robbie Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Send me in, I'll sort them out.

You're right though... it would need to clear tons of management, cut some projects and even one or two teams, vertical integration of all support roles... HR, PR, publishing, accounting etc.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Gonna say what I always said about Xbox: Sony shouldn't acquire anything, PS is run by incompetent weaklings. There's no point in acquiring when you have awful leadership like Hulst.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Margot Robbie Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

Send me in, I'll sort them out.

You're right though... it would need to clear tons of management, cut some projects and even one or two teams, vertical integration of all support roles... HR, PR, publishing, accounting etc.
It would be a solid investment. Buy it, gut it, lean it.

Ubislop have some good franchises and I reckon their AC would be better

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
yeah, but Ubisoft under Sony's quality control would be good too, Capcom won't sell cause they're doing fine, SE is a must and so is From Software, but i don't have faith in modern Sony to recognize the greatness both could offer together
Ubisoft would probably be a terrible influence for Sony and make them even worse. Sony games are already too inspired by Ubisoft games for my taste.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer