David Jaffe says Sony should buy Ubisoft

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
0pVuytL.jpeg

Sony Group CEO (Kenichiro Yoshida) and President (Hiroki Totoki) don't care about hardware sales, market share or exclusives. They demand record profits year in, year out, and have no intention of reinvesting those profits in SIE.
Not true, in the last 4-5 years they invested several billions on SIE: acquisitions, investments and englarging of their most teams.

Last year Yoshida said they plan to continue growing in the mid to long term. But for the current year they're being more conservative with acquisitions due to bad market conditions, and because they want to improve their profitability by waiting to end completing costs related to previous acquisitions going back to acquire.

They also will sell most of their banks division, probably will wait to get that cash to use it in gaming since mentioned plans to use it mostly on their entertainment divisions.

And well, SIE makes $25-30B per year in revenue and if each year only a small portion of it is left as profits it's because they reinvest most of it on making more games, hardware, accesories etc.

With the way the EU regulators setup the Activision MS sale with ubisoft i dont think it would be an easy thing for Sony to do right now.

Sony need to get Take 2.
Sony would have more issues with regulators acquiring Take 2/CoD that MS had acquiring ABK/CoD because instead of being the last one of the race as was MS, Sony is the market leader in console hardware, console game sales and console game subs sales.

On top of that Take 2 would be too expensive for Sony: it would cost several dozens of billions.

And well, Sony doesn't need to aquire them because they already have all the games from them and won't move away (even if acquired by MS) because as happens with ABK or EA, PS is their main market and need it to make their AAA games profitable.

Nintendo lineup for the release of Switch 2 is looking crazy already.
Here's the complete list of games announced for Switch 2:

Last edited:

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Nope
Sony should stay away from big publishers
Look at Microsoft they bought activation and got fucked
And there's rumors that Ms will close more studios next July and I really hope this rumor in not true cuz I don't want people to lose their jobs
Sony should buy small studios and build them up imo

Reactions: Dick Jones

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Eh I don’t think there’s much to worry about regarding Nintendo they solidified themselves w the Switch. Switch 2 will be near or at the power of PS4 & get more 3rd party supports.

Nintendo is the only one w exclusive.

Nintendo lineup for the release of Switch 2 is looking crazy already.

Metroid, Pokemon mainline & Donkey Kong game are all slated for 2025. Just quessing but a new Mario, Smash or Splatoon 4 isn’t far fetch. The 3 games already announce is far better then what PS has/announce & Nintendo games are actually exclusive permanently. Nintendo will likely announce more with the Switch 2 reveal or announce more games for 2025 in early 2025 like they just did.

As long as Nintendo has true permanent exclusive they’re almost invincible as long as they don’t stray to far w the concept of the console or naming Switch 2 is easily a 150+ console sold. We should be seeing more live service games hit Nintendo like COD, GTA6, Battlefield hell even PS live service might go to Nintendo giving how a key franchise Lego Horizon is given the AOK by PS leadership to launch day 1 including PC but skip PS4 the platform that birth the Horizon franchise & the platform that still has over 50% of PS playerbase
Man I know you’re a Nintendo fanboy, but you’re delusional. LMAO GTA6 on Switch 2? 😂. Where are you getting your info that a new DK is coming next year? Also Smash next year? Lol

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: The Icon

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I don't think it'll reach Switch numbers, especially if it's more expensive. Casuals won't be easily convinced to buy another Nintendo for the kids. It could be the Wii/WiiU situation again, only on a smaller scale.
Don’t forget that Covid also helped the Switch.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Man I know you’re a Nintendo fanboy, but you’re delusional. LMAO GTA6 on Switch 2? 😂. Where are you getting your info that a new DK is coming next year? Also Smash next year? Lol
Did he really say Smash next year? (I have him on ignore.) The series director only returned to game production from his sabbatical a few months ago. It 2026 at the absolute earliest--and likely later.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Did he really say Smash next year? (I have him on ignore.) The series director only returned to game production from his sabbatical a few months ago. It 2026 at the absolute earliest--and likely later.
Yup he did. Lol

“Metroid, Pokemon mainline & Donkey Kong game are all slated for 2025. Just quessing but a new Mario, Smash or Splatoon 4 isn’t far fetch”.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Yup he did. Lol

“Metroid, Pokemon mainline & Donkey Kong game are all slated for 2025. Just quessing but a new Mario, Smash or Splatoon 4 isn’t far fetch”.
Oh, well he's even more wrong then as Pokemon has historically stuck to the old system for an extra year or two, so that will likely be cross-gen at best. And those Donkey Kong rumors are, well, they're very questionable and they involve the 3D Mario team making 2D Donkey Kong instead of 3D Mario so you are only going to be getting one or the other of them, not both.