Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass. The official announcement is tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's console war. Every game is $70 on PS5. Any game that comes out on GP is "instead of paying $70" even indies.
Nahhh console war is something else imo.

When you create false claims without any base I don't think you are in the console war territory anymore.... that is what I disgust most in the vocal Xbox fans.
That is me :D in console wars facts are still facts even if used in a spin way.

But we learned that they are the victims and only do that because PS fans bully them 🤷‍♂️

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
You guys are fucking cute. I assumed it was $70. Keep playing chess while I am playing Connect 4 😆

Pamello)

17 Aug 2022
Modern Sony is a joke
Sony has always been like this.
Now, for some reason, it just became convenient for you to notice it.

And the contract for the PC version was signed in general in 2015. Therefore, in the current Gamepass situation, you have to blame Shawn layden, and Andrew House

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony has always been like this.
Now, for some reason, it just became convenient for you to notice it.

And the contract for the PC version was signed in general in 2015. Therefore, in the current Gamepass situation, you have to blame Shawn layden, and Andrew House
ERA os discussing that too.

Maybe that 2015 contract has holes that allowed the game on GamePass but the new Director Cut contract not. Sony contracts with Jimbo changed and now explicitly talks about subscription services.

That is the theory behind 505 using the base version and not the Director Cut on Gamepass… they can’t use the Director Cut.

The other theory is just based in timing… like Director Cut could come after some years.

In both cases it is based in the 505 and Sony contract that allow right now Death Stranding base game to be on Gamepass PC but not Ditector Cut version.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Modern Sony is a joke

Sony is a joke because an old version of one of their games appeared in pc gamepass (yet its been out on pc for years already so nothings changed) a game which isn’t even one of their standouts, software wise?

If anything this makes xbox look worse as they teased this all week and its not even the best version of the game. They still can’t play it on their consoles either so the biggest game to release on their service is a b-tier sony exclusive which is missing all the next gen features

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Sony is a joke because an old version of one of their games appeared in pc gamepass (yet its been out on pc for years already so nothings changed) a game which isn’t even one of their standouts, software wise?

If anything this makes xbox look worse as they teased this all week and its not even the best version of the game. They still can’t play it on their consoles either so the biggest game to release on their service is a b-tier sony exclusive which is missing all the next gen features
Sony doesn't excite anymore. All i'm hearing is "this PS game on PC, that PS game on PC..., bought that studio nobody cares about, working on bunch of GaaS, oh that PS game on PC also"

There is nothing after GOWR, outside of 2 Marvel and bunch of GaaS, yayyyy Modern Sony

Xbox is a joke, but it's always been the case so nothing new, but now they are inspiring Sony to copy them so Sony can become another joke like MS.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
That seems weird.
505 can put the original but not the DC?
A lot of games come to gamepass w/o DLC or upgrades, and then you can buy them.

Which is shady, since you don't really own the base copy. But really same for any sub service.

Not sure that's a situation here or not. If the DC Upgrade shows up in the Windows Store, then you know why they did it that way.

Reactions: SSfox

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony doesn't excite anymore. All i'm hearing is "this PS game on PC, that PS game on PC..., bought that studio nobody cares about, working on bunch of GaaS, oh that PS game on PC also"

There is nothing after GOWR, outside of 2 Marvel and bunch of GaaS, yayyyy Modern Sony

Xbox is a joke, but it's always been the case so nothing new, but now they are inspiring Sony to copy them so Sony can become another joke like MS.

Thats unfortunate, im looking forward to PSVR2, Spider-man 2, Factions, Helldivers, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7Rebirth, Forspoken…and im sure they still have more to announce but they could release just FF16 next year and I’d be happy. Thats my most hyped game in a long time

Reactions: SSfox

Pamello)

17 Aug 2022

They bought two studios who are now doing new single projects for them (Bluepoint, Housemarque)
They bought a studio that makes them a single-player horror game on UE5 (Firesprite)
All the major studios are doing solo projects for him at the moment (and additionally online)
What are you not happy with?
That they release their games on PC?
This is already a given. And there's nothing to be done about it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
A lot of games come to gamepass w/o DLC or upgrades, and then you can buy them.

Which is shady, since you don't really own the base copy. But really same for any sub service.

Not sure that's a situation here or not. If the DC Upgrade shows up in the Windows Store, then you know why they did it that way.
The Director Cut is not a DLC or upgrade.
Both exists at Steam as standalone games without any upgrade path.

The upgrade path only exists for PS4 owners that want to upgrade to PS5 version… in that case PS4 is the base version and the PS5 is the Director Cut version.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
Thats unfortunate, im looking forward to PSVR2, Spider-man 2, Factions, Helldivers, Final Fantasy 16, Final Fantasy 7Rebirth, Forspoken…and im sure they still have more to announce but they could release just FF16 next year and I’d be happy. Thats my most hyped game in a long time
I'm super excited about FF, SF6 DD2 and other, but for Sony games it's GOWR for most part. Spiderman and WV are gonna be great but i'm not crazy fan of Marvel either. I want new stuffs, like we used with Sony, Uncharted and TLOU, Heavenly Sword in PS3, GOT, Dayz Gone ect on PS4.

They bought two studios who are now doing new single projects for them (Bluepoint, Housemarque)
They bought a studio that makes them a single-player horror game on UE5 (Firesprite)
All the major studios are doing solo projects for him at the moment (and additionally online)
What are you not happy with?
That they release their games on PC?
This is already a given. And there's nothing to be done about it.
PC ports are gonna hurt the brand. Bunch of GaaS And we will see about the games of the studios, Blue and House are great, Firespirite not that excited about that dev tho.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
The Director Cut is not a DLC or upgrade.
Both exists at Steam as standalone games without any upgrade path.

The upgrade path only exists for PS4 owners that want to upgrade to PS5 version… in that case PS4 is the base version and the PS5 is the Director Cut version.
Sure, but this is windows store, not Steam.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sure, but this is windows store, not Steam.
There is no Windows Store version yet.
That is why it is weird they are releasing the base version instead the Director Cut.

The only explanation imo is the contract between 505 and Sony that are different or have a time limit where the Director Cut is still blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.