Death Stranding is coming to PC Game Pass. The official announcement is tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Game isn't for me but it was announced back in 2016 that Kojima's game would be going to PC after the PS4 release and since 6 years ago, Sony wasn't even looking at PC, Kojima obviously got another publisher which was 505 Games. 505 Games recently accepted a PC Game Pass deal which is smart especially if they ended up losing any money on publishing the PC version. Smart business by 505 Games.

Yep, they (505) are getting all they can out of their publishing rights.

Now, the question is whether it'll be the OG version or the Director's Cut.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Ezekiel
P

peter42O

Yep, they (505) are getting all they can out of their publishing rights.

Now, the question is whether it'll be the OG version or the Director's Cut.
I forgot about the Director's Cut. If 505 published both, I would think Director's Cut but could just be the original game.

D

Deleted member 13

So either they didn't do the paperwork properly for the PC version, or this PC version is coming with their blessing.
I've owned DS for months now. I hate that game. Completely uninteresting to me. I wasted my money on that one.

• Informative
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I've owned DS for months now. I hate that game. Completely uninteresting to me. I wasted my money on that one.

I've already played and platinum'd it when it first came out on PS4. But might check it out again with Cheat Engine to make the slow parts quicker.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
@adamsapple : That's not a Spencer quote, was Yurinka's point.

It's written in an article, unquoted.

This is just splitting hairs at this point, but then again so is hanging on to a CFO quote when other authorities have come forward and said something else in more recent times. GQ is paraphrasing Spencer, if the article needed retractions or anything was misquoted, it would have been done since its publishing.

But it's in an article about interviewing him... the idea that Spencer or his team didn't read the actual copy printed before letting it get posted is pretty far fetched. Like basic ass interview -> print stuff.

Exactly.

There's also the Greenberg tweets on this subject.

Greenberg has been even more blunt if we want to refer to his tweets.

This was posted before the delay of course, hence the dates.

12359efl.png

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Sony fanboys are f****d! 😂😂😂😂😂

Why?

1. The game has been on PC, so the same people who were able to play it will ... now be able to play it? What has changed?
2. It's not coming to Xbox if that's what you meant by fucked?
3. It has been on PS+, so it's not like a PS Studios game is available on another subscription service but not on PlayStation's own subscription service.

Reactions: LED

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
It's coming with Sony's blessing. It's a pity release 😁

Nope ...

• Kojima Productions and 505 Games are incredibly excited to announce that Death Stranding is launching August 23 with PC Game Pass.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
  • haha
Reactions: DonFerrari

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Is there any difference between the PC version and the $70 PS5 version?

I think the PS5 version still has some extra new content.

This version (game pass PC) is the base version but it rolls back all the features from the Steam and EGS versions. So it's a go between the original release and Directors Cut.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I give you a direct and literal quote from the CEO of the organization, he has said explicitly and in extremely clear terms that starfield will be on PC and Xbox only.

The fact that you're ignoring that, and then have the audacity to tell me that I don't want to listen to facts is hilarious.

No amounts of walls of text you post will change the fact that you are relying on a very old quote from a lesser authority instead of what the CEO himself has said more recently.
Such Spencer quote doesn't exist, read the wall of text or at least the image I included on that post.

@Yurinka: You think Phil Spencer let GQ print an article based on an interview of him, and didn't fact-check the interviewers paraphrasing of things not quoted?

I mean it's... possible.. but I doubt it.
I think it's a similar case of the 'we believe in generations' interview. The proper quotes say a thing (let's say what they are doing) and an unquoted sentence or two say a different thing (what his fans want to hear). That second part gets highlighted and goes viral.

In terms of PR that wrong message going viral benefits the side of the interviewer during a long period of time. After it, turns out that the 2nd part wasn't the real one, but instead was the first. The interviewed can say 'hey, I didn' lie'.

For these interviews, the interviewed ones get trained by their PR team and have a list of things they can't say and a list of other things that they will try to introduce to a specific message to send including specific wording. They also have prepared replies for specific controversial topics that they'll try to avoid if potentially asked about it. They also prepare a specific small 'exclusive' bit or two for each interview to give them a good headline or well, something not said a ton of times before in other interviews.

All this inhouse, before meeting the interviewer, who doesn't know anything about this. Then they have the interview and the PR team rarely review it before publishing it (in the case of websites), but during the interview the PR folk may interrupt and clarify some point. Once published if there is something blatantly wrong that may damage the company may politely ask them to rectify it. If something is wrong but benefits the company don't ask to rectify it.

The journalists obviously hate having a PR guy in the interviews, being asked to rectify something or knowing the guy they are interviewing have the replies prepared and that will reject speaking about some topics.

I've been there both as interviewed or as part of let's say the 'PR team' for a big publisher, and have friends on the journalist side. It's something that sucks but it's needed for public companies with stocks, investors and huge budgets.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What $70 version? Sorry but I'm missing something here.

$49.99 PS5 Direct Cut version.
$10.00 Original to Direct Cut version

These are the prices since launch except when it was on sale (happened some times).
It's console war. Every game is $70 on PS5. Any game that comes out on GP is "instead of paying $70" even indies.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko
Status
Not open for further replies.