Destiny 2 - Official Thread

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Tassi opinion in YouTube form. He’s indicating again that a third major game is development at Bungie outside of Destiny 2 and Matter. This does not include the mobile game news. Also, looks like Bungie has signed on talent for a destiny animated project.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Last one for now before the big meta shakeup that’s coming with Solstice.

I raid more often than ever now but i must admit I’m mostly a pvp player. I look for weapons for pvp as priority, etc…

Current pvp meta analysis.

120s in play for trials. I’ve been using my bottom dollar (surplus, eye of storm, stability masterwork, etc..) with Eye of Sol for trials more than anything else.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I don’t remember them mentioning the changes to rift but now we have a first to 4 mercy rule? Maybe even first to 3? Regardless, the change is welcomed.

I still think kills should count for something but overall I think I really love rift. I’m not a fan of 6v6 modes much but Rift is excellent. Feels more like sport.

Good job!

I’m hoping we get a crucible overhaul soon tho. Scrap, team scorched, momentum control. Bring back some of the larger Mars maps from both D1 and D2 (since the destination is sorta unvaulted).

And honestly … bring back that bigger map with the vehicles from D1. What was that called? Domination? I know it had its issues then and they scrapped it a few times but with D2 movement being faster and covering greater distances generally, I think it’ll be fine.

Lump all 6v6 modes into a single playlist. Control, rift and Clash. Control is way too sweaty for casuals itself. Especially when stacks enter the game to ruin it for everyone.

Have a map and mode vote. See Splitgate for example I’m thinking of. This will keep variety. Also, create vote mechanic to make sure players don’t always vote for control 5 matches in a row.

Then have a more hardcore playlist comprised of Elimination, Survival, and Rumble. Maybe even that older trials of the nine mods with the planting the bomb.

Bungie, hire me now. I can fix this

Speaking of Splitgate… I might return to it for a week or two. I love D2 pvp. That’s my greatest hobby for years now. However, it’s too goddamn sweaty. It’s like street fighter online… casuals get wrecked because of raw knowledge of meta and builds.

Splitgate is a nice alternative once in awhile. Way less stressful and easier to play. Just needs a next gen port at this point.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Haven't really got into the weapon crafting stuff. Think I made one gun so far. Finally got all the red frames done for the hand cannon this season and wow shit is expensive to do. I mean I'm maxed on the top tier golf ball things but the 2000+ of the other materials seems like alot.

Got a roll I like anyways so prob won't even bother.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Haven't really got into the weapon crafting stuff. Think I made one gun so far. Finally got all the red frames done for the hand cannon this season and wow shit is expensive to do. I mean I'm maxed on the top tier golf ball things but the 2000+ of the other materials seems like alot.

Got a roll I like anyways so prob won't even bother.
It's worth crafting though, God roll or not.

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
It's worth crafting though, God roll or not.

Yeah I just need to lvl the gun up (with the base shit perks) and grind a bunch of red frames to do it. Not a huge deal but its the end of the season and motivation is low to keep playing. Guess something to keep in the back pocket when next season hits.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I just need to lvl the gun up (with the base shit perks) and grind a bunch of red frames to do it. Not a huge deal but its the end of the season and motivation is low to keep playing. Guess something to keep in the back pocket when next season hits.
Yeah, Bungie decided it was too easy to get red frames apparently (and now you need five of them) and toward the end of the season the drop rate for those is abysmal; better off focussing them at the Crown of Sorrows if you upgraded it.

I did craft but only the weapons I will use with solar class on my hunter, I cannot be bothered to craft all of them. I got lucky though, I have all the patterns I need from this season, but it was a grind to get them.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I don’t mind the Redbox grind. Still a guaranteed god roll. It’s more of a problem for the two dungeon craft able weapons

They need to make it so you can unlock numerous enhanced perks without losing the previous choices. Because I don’t want more than one fully crafted version of a gun.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
And here we go again; it was just a matter of time...

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I just want to say… now with only a month away till next season.

While the dungeon is good. While a new patrol space is cool. While all the weapons are pretty baller. While solar 3.0 is awesome…

This season kinda fucking sucked ….this is not how you follow a banger like witch queen.

So many missteps. And this years solstice is MTX driven basura and another battle pass of nonsense I could not care about at all.

Bungie, wtf… behave.

(Raid coming next season is sorta a “get out of jail free” card for them anyway :/ )

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Placeholder art for next new subclass leaked. It’s GREEN.

Thorn class incoming as rumored m…

PS - Vow of Disciple raid teases the colors of the new darkness subclasses on the murals.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Hey @Aeorath, not to dirty up your Destiny thread but have you considered giving Warframe a go, playing with some friends on ps5 and really loving it?

Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum

• angry
Reactions: Deleted member 38
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Hey @Aeorath, not to dirty up your Destiny thread but have you considered giving Warframe a go, playing with some friends on ps5 and really loving it?

Hugs Love GIF by joeyahlbum
Well, I admit you were the one having me go to Warframe now, are you happy this thread is now left devoid of information, because of you 🤣

Kidding, this thread should do just nicely, we have some other members posting here, so it should be good.

PS. Still your fault, @Sircaw :cool:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I have tons of leaks for season 18 and Lightfall

For starters, next season is pirate themed with fallen. There are pirate battles.

Lightfall will take place on Neptune.

There’s much more…

But I figured this was enough as a tease

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Based on yesterday’s conclusion. Looks like Calus got control of the pyramid on the moon.

I would assume this means Shadowkeep is getting Vaulted. Seems safe bet.

I want to say the moon itself going is possible but I prefer it stays due to having both a dungeon and raid. They seem to be keeping destinations that have such. Also.. that’s where the new dungeon is too…

Hmm

I’m actually not against vaulting. EDZ and Nessus need to go. EDZ in particular has aged horribly.

Nessus could stay since apparently the exodus black has/had SIVA on board. And… pre release d2 art indicated siva was going to play a role on Nessus with the exodus black but it was scrapped.

Who knows … they seem to revisit old d1 concepts … it kinda comes full circle

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75