DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, the reality is that they had 0 plans to make TLOU on PC at ANY TIME. Or did you think they held a secret meeting back then saying "hey guys, start the PC version and put it on the shelf. We'll come back to announce it in 2022"
No.
They probably had a meeting in around 2019 (or even before… it was Layden that pushed and defended the initiative talk and he left in 2019). where they set a time of 2 years after original release for PC releases…. that meeting happens regularly every fiscal year and decide which games will follow the next.

I don’t know why you keep talking about development when it is a business decision after all and have nothing to do with development.

If the game is already develop cross-platform with PC they will wait the business time to release it…. others games they set a business release time and start the port when they think they can meet the business release date set… some games get delayed because the port took more time than needed like Uncharted… others are easier to port and get running faster before the business release date so they wait to release it that is the case I guess of Returnal… it is probably just waiting to match the the 2nd anniversary to be released after all there are images of the ports since 2021 and Alex says it is playable fully on PC since last month.

I’m not sure why you keep creating narratives about something I didn’t say.

I said Sony PC strategy is about to release games on PC 2 years old and that is being flawless even continue the future announced and leaked games…. I even made a full list with all games.

And the reason TLOUP1 is being releases on PC in the next I don’t know months is why the original release already crossed the 2 years old… in fact it is a 9 years old game… it is the same for all others games released or announced until now…. Miles Morales like I said is the game with the lowest gap, the engine is already ported and they probably needs to made optimizations and adjustments but they have time because the game will reach 2 years in November when it can be released.

It is so simple to understand.
And I can’t change what happened or is happening… Sony has the power for that not me… and it is a fact that Sony only released or announced releases of games that original release is or will reach 2 years old before the release date.

To be fair I really don’t understand why you guys keep fighting against facts because there isn’t a single exception that broke the 2 years old releases.

Most in the thread agree with me because it is the Sony business strategy for PC discussed several times between us… it is only you 5 trying to create a new narrative trying to find a exception calling The Last of Us Part 1 as a new game experience when it is essentially the same core experience release in 2013… if you played it in 2013 and the DLC released after then you experienced the whole The Last of Us… the new release will add just better graphics and QoL enhances that are all welcome but these that played it before in 2013 or the Remastered version for PS4 won’t be missing nothing.

Call me again when Sony releases a game on PC that break the 2 years old rule for discuss that… it will probably happen with Live Services (most believes it will be day one on PC) but at least you will have a single example to support whatever you want to say.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Because the longer this goes the worse his reliability gets. It also exposes other people in the process so in the long run it's worth it.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Finished the remake today. What I can say is that this gameplay completely changes how you experience the game and its story. Gunplay is miles better, story feels better due to improved facial animations, overall, the game is way more fun than the original. The changes to combat, gunplay, animations, make this feel so much better it's not even a contest.

I'd recommend picking it up, even if at a discount a few months from now.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Finished the remake today. What I can say is that this gameplay completely changes how you experience the game and its story. Gunplay is miles better, story feels better due to improved facial animations, overall, the game is way more fun than the original. The changes to combat, gunplay, animations, make this feel so much better it's not even a contest.

How do you feel about the changes from the more colourful pallet to the more oppressive colour tone?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How do you feel about the changes from the more colourful pallet to the more oppressive colour tone?

I don't find the colour tone more oppressive, just slightly less warm. It didn't change my enjoyment in any way, and it ties the game better to part II, which I'm replaying right now.

D

Deleted member 13

I don't find the colour tone more oppressive, just slightly less warm. It didn't change my enjoyment in any way, and it ties the game better to part II, which I'm replaying right now.
Thanks for the thoughts man! Definitely picking this up on PC.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Yeah definitely looks closer to part 2 than it did to its original self

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Going back to the last of us on ps3, the gunplay does feel a bit wonky, I will probably pick this up on ps5 in the next year or so. Gow and re4 remake are gonna take up all my playtime for the foreseeable future

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I ended up buying TLOU P1. Decided that even sans Factions MP, the advancements in AI/particle physics etc.

Going into the game I'm again reminded why I liked TLOU2's options & accessability settings. The sheer amount of things I was able to do in-game in relation to movements or visual changes is great. Again, the game accounted for wanting to melee out of aim (my go-to Factions panic move), and rebind the buttons to re-impliment PS3 shoulder button config.

There's even quite a few other extra settings that I'd like to play around with, but apparently I need to complete the game first in order to access them. Think Sony missed a trick here for returning players. Taken as like a sandbox game to compliment a familliar story, this is great. My only complaint is that I fear Factions 1 will get thrown-out with the bathwater. That 4v4 gameplay style, the pre-existing gameplay modes, I don't think we have any confirmation on those surviving.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I’m waiting for the inevitable ps5 upgrade for part II so I can play these gems back to back with ps5 features

The difference between part I and part II is small enough that you end up not not noticing it much. Lighting is improved, water physics are better, particle effects as well, but they look similar enough in play that it flows great.

Obi-Wan

Hello there!
24 Jun 2022
Now that we know everything, I don’t understand the hesitance.

It looks way better. It plays better. Naughty Dog themselves, not a remaster studio, chose to do this to get up to speed on the PS5 so it’s not like they would have remade some other developer’s game instead.

At the least, we only missed out on remade PS3 Uncharted, as Jak isn’t something they’re interested in anymore, which is still PS3 to PS5 and people would have complained about just as much.

There is no real downside, and the upside is that something regarded as a modern classic gets pulled out of the early (ish) 3D graphics era and is perfectly preserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.