DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
What confirmed? The Remake going to PC?
How soon the port will release.

But either way, we then have other games like HFW w/o even a confirmed PC version despite it's engine already being on PC.

Sony does treat remakes/masters differently elsewhere (PS+ Premium "classics" come to mind) so wouldn't be shocking if they treat TLOU Part 1 differently than other games.

I mean we already know they are.. because they announced PC version before it was even out.. and didn't do that for their other big releases earlier this year.

D

Deleted member 13

How soon the port will release
But either way, we n have other games like HFW w/o even a confirmed PC version despite it's engine already being on PC.
That is true. But I can guarantee you that it won't be a 2yr wait on that game.

Sony does treat remakes/masters differently elsewhere (PS+ Premium "classics" come to mind) so wouldn't be shocking if they treat TLOU Part 1 differently than other games.
I think at this point, whatever is being put on PC will have it's sequel pretty soon after the initial release. IOW, GoW:Rag for example should be announced for PC next year. We can eagerly await the games where the graphics engine has already been ported and ready to go (i.e. HFW, GoWR, any ND game after TLOU and UC:Legacy, etc..). This will prove whether Sony will put it on the shelf and wait for years or release it soon (6mons - 1yr) after the PS5 version gets released.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
People can have an opinion without it being "outrage"... I mean, we're not all at our keyboard raging!

70$ games!!!!! NOOOOOOooooes!!!
angry man GIF
some people probably are like that though 🤣

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
I think at this point, whatever is being put on PC will have it's sequel pretty soon after the initial release. IOW, GoW:Rag for example should be announced for PC next year.

Well also keep in mind....

This Friday is the 1 year anniversary of UC Collection being announced for PC.

Things are pretty fluid as far as what Sony seems to be doing.. but I also think they are trying to figure out what works best.

The only thing clear to me... is that none of this is clear lol

And Sony wants it that way, for now.. they don't want everyone knowing/assuming a PC version is around the corner, as they are still cautious about what that does for Playstation hardware sales.

D

Deleted member 13

Well also keep in mind....

This Friday is the 1 year anniversary of UC Collection being announced for PC.
Yea, I feel like they was going to release that game early this year but then put it on hold to work on TLOU 1 REmake.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Do you want with source? Because that will take more time but I'm sure you can check yourself.
  • Days Gone: 2+ years old
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: 2+ years old
  • God of War (2018): 3+ years old
  • Spider-Man Remastered: less than 2 years old
Announced:
  • Uncharted 4: 6+ years old
  • The Last of Us Part 1: 5 days old
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales: 2 years old in November
Leaked with PC footage:
  • Returnal: makes 2 years in April
  • Sackboy Big Adventure: makes 2 years in November

I forgot any?
I fixed that for you

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Have read last few pages and haven’t been able to work out what the release date for TLOU Part 1 is on PC?

HBO Show not out till next year. Imagine they’d at least try to target that window, although not necessarily with the ps5 release way to early to take advantage of the hype so there seems to be little deliberate coordination.

It all could be tied to the up and coming Multiplayer mode which is still a mystery. F2P? GaaS? Cross platform?

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
You asked for it.

You see that release date? You see that tweet? Get to stepping, you guys are done. You have been this whole time but you just don't know when to be quiet.

Screenshot-20220906-172411-Chrome.jpg

THIS IS REALITY

What’s soon? Soony soon?

It’s weird they can’t provide a release date.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You asked for it.

You see that release date? You see that tweet? Get to stepping, you guys are done. You have been this whole time but you just don't know when to be quiet.

Screenshot-20220906-172411-Chrome.jpg

THIS IS REALITY

Played Last of Us 2013.
Played a Left Behind from Last of Us Remastered 2014
Last of Us Remake playable only on PS5 currently...
But go ahead make up a delusional narrative just because you like waiting...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Played Last of Us 2013.
Played a Left Behind from Last of Us Remastered 2014
Last of Us Remake playable only on PS5 currently...
But go ahead make up a delusional narrative just because you like waiting...
They live in some illusory reality where TLOU didn’t release in 2013 lol

We will partying the 10th anniversary next year when finally PC users will experience the game of PS3 generation.

BTW TLOU PS4 is free to everybody that sign PS+.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
They live in some illusory reality where TLOU didn’t release in 2013 lol

We will partying the 10th anniversary next year when finally PC users will experience the game of PS3 generation.

BTW TLOU PS4 is free to everybody that sign PS+.
How can you guys be so obtuse to not realize a remake of a game doesn't classify it as the same product, because it's not... This isn't astrophysics, this is simple to understand from top to bottom.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How can you guys be so obtuse to not realize a remake of a game doesn't classify it as the same product, because it's not... This isn't astrophysics, this is simple to understand from top to bottom.
Alright it is the same game with a better outfit because it is the same experience, story, characters, locations, gameplay, etc.

You know the most hilarious thing? You as a Xbox fan should be trashing it like you did in the past if it was not by the PC version 😂😂😂

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 51
Status
Not open for further replies.