DF Direct Special: Did The Last Of Us Part 1 Really Need A Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's a remake my guy... of the 2013 game... It is not the 2013 game nor is it a port of it. The port clock on this release started ticking on 9/2/2022....
Suuuure 😂😂😂

James Franco GIF

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I'm genuinely convinced that this is merely a breakdown of language at this point... it couldn't be anything else... it couldn't possibly be...
It is not a language breakdown.

It is exactly the same game with better graphics.
It is exactly the same experience.
It is exactly the same characters.
It is exactly the same level layout.
It is exactly the same enemies.
It is exactly the same story.
It is exactly the same weapons.

What is new in The Last of Us Part 1 outside the new graphics? They added a option to skip puzzles and a new difficult mode.

Ohhh I forget…
It is exactly the same plot twist and ending.

I see the game for what it is and I understand the Sony reason to it exists.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PropellerEar

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
It is not a language breakdown.

What is new in The Last of Us Part 1?

Ohhh I forget…
It is exactly the same plot twist and ending.
It's not just better graphics, assets and geometric layout have been replaced and/or heavily altered. The physics engine is far better, gameplay and AI has also been substantially overhauled to follow in the footsteps of sequel. It's a remake of the 2013 game, it however IS NOT the 2013 game.

You're completely out of control, honestly I'm amazed you're not on restricted posting for this absolutely nonsensical horse shit you keep flinging around here. It's psychotic.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's not just better graphics, assets and geometric layout have been replaced and/or heavily altered. The physics engine is far better, gameplay and AI has also been substantially overhauled to follow in the footsteps of sequel. It's a remake of the 2013 game, it however IS NOT the 2013 game.

You're completely out of control, honestly I'm amazed you're not on restricted posting for this absolutely nonsensical horse shit you keep flinging around here. It's psychotic.
So the same…

You just list technical enhancements but nothing about the game itself.

There is no new campaign, no new places, no new enemies, no new controllable characters, no new character, no new stories, no new level designs, etc.

They didn’t do a minimum effort to sell the game to these that already played the game since 2013.

I hope you have the same enthusiasm with the reremake for PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
So the same…

You just list technical enhancements but nothing about the game itself.

There is no new campaign, no new places, no new enemies, no new controllable characters, no new character, no new stories, no new level designs, etc.

They didn’t do a minimum effort to sell the game to these that already played the game since 2013.

I hope you have the same enthusiasm with the reremake for PS5 Pro.
JFC...

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I'm usually not in agreement with you, but here I am. And it's not a language barrier, he's just being obtuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13

They live in some illusory reality where TLOU didn’t release in 2013 lol

No, the reality is that they had 0 plans to make TLOU on PC at ANY TIME. Or did you think they held a secret meeting back then saying "hey guys, start the PC version and put it on the shelf. We'll come back to announce it in 2022"

D

Deleted member 13

I'm usually not in agreement with you, but here I am. And it's not a language barrier, he's just being obtuse.
What's more embarrassing is me thinking there was a communication breakdown. I could smack myself for giving him the benefit of the doubt. Next time, I won't be so naive.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 13

He understands fully what you are saying he just doesn’t care because it clashes with his narrative. He will never admit his stance is nonsense.
Yea, that's too bad. I would hate to have to think about what he feels about RE2Remake, RE3Remake or FF7 Remake?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yea, that's too bad. I would hate to have to think about what he feels about RE2Remake, RE3Remake or FF7 Remake?

RE2/3 remakes are more like reimaginings

“We’ve been calling it a remake as well internally. It’s kind of a nickname – ‘Resi 2 Remake’,” producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi tells me. “But I think that’s a word that has a different amount of depth depending on the person. You can define a remake as quite a basic polish of a game graphically or resolution-wise. Or you can define a remake that’s a complete rethinking of the entire game.”

(...)

But when we put together that concept we realised it was a bit neither here-nor-there… We had to go further. That’s when we started thinking of it as a reimagining of the entire game.

“Since we took that stance, ‘reimagining’ is the word we’ve been using to describe it rather than ‘remake’. I think it gets across a better sense of how much this game has changed.”

FF7 Remake is not really a remake

While Remake begins just like the PS1 game, we soon learn events take a drastically different turn. However, Remake simultaneously acknowledges what happened originally through the ghostly Whispers, who tried to preserve the original timeline. With their defeat, our group of heroes defy fate, setting course for a brand new timeline untethered by continuity restraints.

As for TLOU PT I, amazing how someone that hasn't played the damn thing is so wrong.

What is new in The Last of Us Part 1 outside the new graphics? They added a option to skip puzzles and a new difficult mode.
  • Better graphics - correct
  • Same experience - incorrect
  • Same characters - correct
  • Same level layout - incorrect
  • Same enemies - AI wise, incorrect.
  • Same story - correct
  • Same weapons - correct, but they play differently
Sources, because me playing the game and you not playing the game is not enough:

But, that extra realism added with this remake adds a whole new dimension to experiencing The Last of Us, even if you have already played it before.

(...)

Additional improvements to the enemy AI also modernise the gameplay experience of Joel and Ellie’s adventure across the United States. Enemies are now far smarter and more sophisticated. This leads to the game no longer feeling like a shooting gallery at times...

(...)In a lot of ways the game plays like The Last of Us Part 2, but you still retain that more restricted, bulky feeling as Joel...

Part 1's Joel is limited to the same basic moveset featured in the original game rather than the faster gameplay of Part 2. However, more here has changed than I expected. Animation, camera work and even enemy behavior has changed between the two versions.

(...)

... the core shooting mechanics feel more in line with Part 2 - camera position, weapon animations and hit reactions are all far more polished. The motion blur, smoother, slower zoom and aiming position feel like the second game, while the animation of firing the weapon is unique to both prior versions but is closer to Part 2 than the PS4 remaster. (...) The basic moving and shooting action has been overhauled and Part 1 feels like a nice hybrid between the two games.

(...)

When you combine this new AI behavior with the improved shooting mechanics and more reactive environment, it does feel suitably different. This represents much of what Naughty Dog refers to as 'improved gameplay' and this description does seem accurate.

• Moving and shooting have been completely overhauled, to create a hybrid between the original and Part 2
  • Tons of animations have been redone, i.e. to create more impact, make stealth smoother etc.
  • Level design has been changed at points
  • AI behavior has been overhauled, making enemies more aggressive and NPCs more realistic
  • Bow mechanics have been overhauled
  • Environments are more reactive, with more destruction introduced

In most games, everything contributes to the overall feel, from graphics, to animations, to sound, down to mocap. While the story is the same, the feel of the game has improved and the experience is way better. I've now about 14h in the Remake and the game feels like a genuine improvement, even if the story is the same. A lot of cutscenes have a completely different impact with improved facial animations, the changes to lighting and environments (even some small design changes) contribute a lot to the gameplay enjoyment, even having enemies call out your position like in PT II gives you an additional sense of immersion lacking in PT I. The gameplay is way smoother as well, and I agree with the overall consensus that it sits somewhere between OG and PT II. It's not as nimble as the later, but it's way better than the former. That alone makes this worth for me.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51
Status
Not open for further replies.