Digital Foundry: FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Still some textures on the game are TES IV level, doing the game and HW a disservice. Guess that will be fixed by modding AI upscaled textures on PC.

11 Jul 2024
Still some textures on the game are TES IV level, doing the game and HW a disservice. Guess that will be fixed by modding AI upscaled textures on PC.
They had to do that to keep the file size smaller, and it's still HUGE. Also, don't forget PS5 has awesome file compression, so it could've been even bigger. This can take over 300gb on PC when modded, I don't think anybody actually wants that just to see some higher res rocks in the distance

11 Jul 2024
Well, the reasons to buy one will keep building.

But then the pc ports will keep eroding on the other side.
People giving the Pro shit right now, arguably justifiable because we don't have many convincing demos of the upgrades yet, but give it a year or two when more games start performing like a high end PC with DLSS, they'll think twice before getting a $700 machine or upgrading their GPU alone for double that.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They had to do that to keep the file size smaller, and it's still HUGE. Also, don't forget PS5 has awesome file compression, so it could've been even bigger. This can take over 300gb on PC when modded, I don't think anybody actually wants that just to see some higher res rocks in the distance
haters gonna hate anyways. they always find the way.. cough cough..pudd..cough cough..legate..cough cough..

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
200.gif

No more blurry just 4K 60fps in all her glory. Can’t wait.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Suddenly it makes sense why they are removing Horizon Forbidden West off PS+. They are hoping people will buy the game for the new upgrades or they don't wanna offer the upgrade for Free. Lol
Yep makes sense, in the tech talk they spoke specifically Horizon had better lighting, effects and more details + better skin & hair textures in cutscenes in addition.

Seems PSSR doing it's job, great. FF7 Rebirth really needed it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, CPU improvement + memory improvement + specially GPU improvement + DLSS-like image upscaling and enhacement... this should mean better image quality than in the old "quality mode" while also running at 60fps instead of at 30fps.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
It is a nice upgrade as the original version use some filters that makes everything blurry.

Pretty sure their pipeline when it comes to DRS/FSR implementation is borked(or some really bad choices) in some major way somewhere along the line. Game shouldn't look the way it does, if you compare it to other UE titles.

I'd wager that SIE engineers going in and helping out with PSSR(and maybe other things) might be one of the better use case scenarios to show the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023

It's a 100 hour game that takes months to beat I'd say it's worth it for the best possible experience. People install their run of the mill shooters (COD and Fortnite) that take hundreds of GB as well.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well, CPU improvement + memory improvement + specially GPU improvement + DLSS-like image upscaling and enhacement... this should mean better image quality than in the old "quality mode" while also running at 60fps instead of at 30fps.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Yes, I fully intended to play FF7 Rebirth on the PS5 Pro, but given the fact that Sony is demanding 950€ for the console I will instead just wait for its inevitable PC release next year.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
950? why people add the disc or the base? the console its fully operative from the box
I got the original PS5 with the disc drive. That means I have PS5 discs. I'm not upgrading to a PS5 without a disc drive, obviously.

800€ is only a realistic price for people who had the discless model.

For everyone else (the vast majority in Europe BTW) the price is 920€.

Or 950€ if you want the official stand that was already included in both PS5s at release.

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
950? why people add the disc or the base? the console its fully operative from the box

I can understand the base (but only because I have my console horizontally, so for someone with limited space it might be a necessity), but people with a PS5 launch edition with disc and using physical games will need the drive.