Digital Foundry: FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
PS5 pro is worth it to me if it means I'll never need to look at that horrendous looking performance mode again in rebirth. I literally stopped playing it an hour in because of how blurry it was.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
I got the original PS5 with the disc drive. That means I have PS5 discs. I'm not upgrading to a PS5 without a disc drive, obviously.

800€ is only a realistic price for people who had the discless model.

For everyone else (the vast majority in Europe BTW) the price is 920€.

Or 950€ if you want the official stand that was already included in both PS5s at release.
i have a launch ps5 and it wasnt included,not that stand

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
true and sadly true...
PC ports made the pcmr even bolder and xbots are there too
I been saying for awhile.... they are the biggest platform warriors on the web. worse than Nintendo, xbox and ps fans. Now that they get ports from 2/3 of them, they feel the need to disregard consoles completely. They will shit on Sony for remakes, but then their most sought out game ever is Bloodborne Remaster.

Ironically, they hate seeing a beefy PS5 being sold, but when Nvidia announces it's four figure 5000 series graphics cards, they will glaze it to no end.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I been saying for awhile.... they are the biggest platform warriors on the web. worse than Nintendo, xbox and ps fans. Now that they get ports from 2/3 of them, they feel the need to disregard consoles completely. They will shit on Sony for remakes, but then their most sought out game ever is Bloodborne Remaster.

Ironically, they hate seeing a beefy PS5 being sold, but when Nvidia announces it's four figure 5000 series graphics cards, they will glaze it to no end.
Beefy ps5, means maybe more people will buy ps5 and have less reasons to buy pc... so no more ports or ports later. So pcmr is angry.
that's a convoluted way of thinking but probable.
I still have my ton of ps4 exclusives and some ps5 exclusives. PS5 is a baest and every time I play a game on it I have a good time

Reactions: Umar and voke

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We have been conditioned over the years that getting silky smooth + 60 fps is the most important thing ever when gaming;

Shown countless Zoom in x 400 screenshots to count the pixes in order to win video comparison videos (thanks, Digital Foundry)

Talk to you are blue in the face about what a life changer VRR was; being just a couple of fps under the mark, the game is fucking unplayable. ( Sony gets it, Crickets) Riky never seen again.

Pc gamers are happy to spend absurd amounts of cash on a graphics card alone but think a system that costs half of their rig and will do the same thing is some how too expensive ( but but my rig is so much more versatile, I can send emails)

Xbox Series X at 100 bucks less, with far worse tech and will be having much lower settings, but no outlets or media Celebrities are saying what a bad buy that is.

Sony releases a system that gives you the ability to go from 30 fps to 60 fps 4k with better imagine quality and more bells and whistles and suddenly its Arrogant sony is back.

I can't afford this system I would love to, but for the love of the god its a massive upgrade for what you pay.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Beefy ps5, means maybe more people will buy ps5 and have less reasons to buy pc... so no more ports or ports later. So pcmr is angry.
that's a convoluted way of thinking but probable.
I still have my ton of ps4 exclusives and some ps5 exclusives. PS5 is a baest and every time I play a game on it I have a good time
I mean the fact that they even branded themselves PC Master Race and popularized the founder of steam putting him next to angelic iconography. They are no better than lame ass console warriors no matter how much they spin it.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
We have been conditioned over the years that getting silky smooth + 60 fps is the most important thing ever when gaming;

Shown countless Zoom in x 400 screenshots to count the pixes in order to win video comparison videos (thanks, Digital Foundry)

Talk to you are blue in the face about what a life changer VRR was; being just a couple of fps under the mark, the game is fucking unplayable. ( Sony gets it, Crickets) Riky never seen again.

Pc gamers are happy to spend absurd amounts of cash on a graphics card alone but think a system that costs half of their rig and will do the same thing is some how too expensive ( but but my rig is so much more versatile, I can send emails)

Xbox Series X at 100 bucks less, with far worse tech and will be having much lower settings, but no outlets or media Celebrities are saying what a bad buy that is.

Sony releases a system that gives you the ability to go from 30 fps to 60 fps 4k with better imagine quality and more bells and whistles and suddenly its Arrogant sony is back.

I can't afford this system I would love to, but for the love of the god its a massive upgrade for what you pay.
PERFECTLY SAID

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

shut up, you Playstation apologist and boot licker :D how dare you makes sense?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
shut up, you Playstation apologist and boot licker :D how dare you makes sense?
Kill Count Boot Licker GIF by Dead Meat James

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

couldn't of said it better myself.

Reactions: Sircaw

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
People giving the Pro shit right now, arguably justifiable because we don't have many convincing demos of the upgrades yet, but give it a year or two when more games start performing like a high end PC with DLSS, they'll think twice before getting a $700 machine or upgrading their GPU alone for double that.
I remember people complaining about ps4 pro in the exact same way, that was a jump in performance much smaller than the ps5 to its pro version and at the end of the day everyone agrees that ps4 pro was the best way to play games last gen.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
950? why people add the disc or the base? the console its fully operative from the box
because grifters will take any and every excuse they can get in order to be inflamatory.

Edit: maybe you're upgrading from a model that does have a disc drive? but then you could just sell your current ps5 and use the money to pay for the disc drive and a fraction of the console, and if you dont want to sell your current console, you still have a way to play your current games.

Etiher way, its a strawman.
dont most gamers buy games digitally nowadays anyway? I love collecting physical games but I still get most of my stuff digitally.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I remember people complaining about ps4 pro in the exact same way, that was a jump in performance much smaller than the ps5 to its pro version and at the end of the day everyone agrees that ps4 pro was the best way to play games last gen.
they highlighted it better. really sold it. this time around? no. how hard is to show current gen games? even FF7RR? some others? what their studios are doing?
PS5 Pro is amazing kit, but was let down by horrible PR.

Last edited:

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
they highlighted it better. really sold it. this time around? no. how hard is to show current gen games? ever FF7RR? some others? what their studios are doing?
PS5 Pro is amazing kit, but was let down by horrible PR.
Oh man I completelly agree, a 9-min stream on youtube is the worst possible way to show this thing in action. but I do believe that at launch the pro will speak for itself, for better or for worse