Digital Foundry: FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don’t get this Ledbetter GTA6 unlikely to be 60 because all gta’s launched at 30.

The last gta, GTA5 deputed on xbox360 and ps3! Everything was 30.

What am I missing?
I know but lots of expectations have changed since the last 4 years. Even though GTA5 wasnt 60fps on PS4 too I believe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmunter

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
image.png

People keep posting these digital percentages without the context of it being overall sales. As in it includes DLC and other digital only sales items. Physical is only physical.

Sony’s first party make up over 50% to 60% of unit sales.

Even some 3rd party games can reach a large percentage of physical sales.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
"image quality was just too awful on normal ps5"

This feels completely out of touch with reality. People have expectations that are completely unrelatable to me.
Not sure when you played it.

At launch even with the game running near 4k in the fidelity mode the post processing made it blurry.

In Perfomance mode that already had low resolution the things where even worst.

Square Enid had to say they where fixing it… and even added an option to try to remove the blur but it still a bit blurry after the fix.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Not sure when you played it.

At launch even with the game running near 4k in the fidelity mode the post processing made it blurry.

In Perfomance mode that already had low resolution the things where even worst.

Square Enid had to say they where fixing it… and even added an option to try to remove the blur but it still a bit blurry after the fix.

Haven't played yet. I refuse to believe it looks worse than the previous game, which looked good to me and was certainly not "too awful" on my PS5 to be enjoyed without hardware upgrades

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Haven't played yet. I refuse to believe it looks worse than the previous game, which looked good to me and was certainly not "too awful" on my PS5 to be enjoyed without hardware upgrades
Sometimes it looks like that…

h3NCBz3.jpeg

Original never had the inconsistencies of Rebirth.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Sometimes it looks like that…

h3NCBz3.jpeg

Original never had the inconsistencies of Rebirth.

As I said I cannot relate to the take that this game looks unacceptably bad, you can find shit screens from any game and most of what I saw from rebirth coverage looked great to me. I have never had much patience for graphics whore minutiae.

• fire
Reactions: Landiri