Digital Foundry: FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
That's all that sony needed to do put it into hands of outlets that can do these tests.

Good they didn't wait too long and we will probably have a df video out soon with more comparisons.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
That's all that sony needed to do put it into hands of outlets that can do these tests.

Good they didn't wait too long and we will probably have a df video out soon with more comparisons.
DF are annoying and obvious shills, but they're not stupid and they see the way the winds are blowing. Their potential audience growth has a ceiling if they continue the Xbox bias. Wouldn't be surprised with they start glazing the PS5 pro if Sony starts giving them more exclusive access

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
image.png
No sure where you got that headline but it is wrong... it represented 20% last quarter.

image_2024-09-12_181141254.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Landiri

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Good to hear but are we still gona take digital foundry the Ms mouthpiece for granted?

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
No sure where you got that headline but it is wrong... it represented 20% last quarter.

View attachment 5561
It's from a 2023 article from push square.
and The point is still the same, 80% of sales are digital, still makes more sense to have your standard model be all digital and release a separate disc drive for those who want to play physical games.
I do belive that for $700 the ideal would be having the disc drive bundled in. but I get why you wouldnt do it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's from a 2013 article from push square.
and The point is still the same, 80% of sales are digital, still makes more sense to have your standard model be all digital and release a separate disc drive for those who want to play physical games.
I do belive that for $700 the ideal would be having the disc drive bundled in. but I get why you wouldnt do it.
2013? WOW.
At that time Physical was like 70% of sales.

Or do you meant 2023?

I think the article is mistaking data here.
We are talking about game Physical vs Digital.
Maybe he is using the full revenue that includes PS+ subs, DLCs, MTXs, etc etc etc.

But if that is the game it is very misleading because Digital game sales should be less than 10% that doesn't doesn't make these 4% for Physical that bad.
After all even buying Physical games you need to sub to PS+ and buys DLCs/MTXs via digital store.
So using everything against Physical is really weird.

Reactions: balrogboy

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
2013? WOW.
At that time Physical was like 70% of sales.

Or do you meant 2023?

I think the article is mistaking data here.
We are talking about game Physical vs Digital.
Maybe he is using the full revenue that includes PS+ subs, DLCs, MTXs, etc etc etc.

But if that is the game it is very misleading because Digital game sales should be less than 10% that doesn't doesn't make these 4% for Physical that bad.
After all even buying Physical games you need to sub to PS+ and buys DLCs/MTXs via digital store.
So using everything against Physical is really weird.
oh shit sorry, i meant 2023.
I'll edit it lol sorry

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
"image quality was just too awful on normal ps5"

This feels completely out of touch with reality. People have expectations that are completely unrelatable to me.

I second that. I thought Rebirth looked pretty good.
Like imagine being so sensitive to graphics and performance you can't enjoy an all-timer like Rebirth. He's in a completely different universe because in my eyes it was a technical marvel, so gorgeous to look at.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don’t get this Ledbetter GTA6 unlikely to be 60 because all gta’s launched at 30.

The last gta, GTA5 deputed on xbox360 and ps3! Everything was 30.

What am I missing?

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
"image quality was just too awful on normal ps5"

This feels completely out of touch with reality. People have expectations that are completely unrelatable to me.
As someone always using Fidelity Mode, my Games look outstanding! I don't care about FPS either.

Like imagine being so sensitive to graphics and performance you can't enjoy an all-timer like Rebirth. He's in a completely different universe because in my eyes it was a technical marvel, so gorgeous to look at.
There are people who still even use Original PS4 Consoles, today.

I am pretty sure that PS5 users are mostly fine.