Digital Foundry's Callisto Protocol's Analysis PS5 vs XBX/S

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
It shouldn't be a problem for me to quote what is claimed to be true from both Sony and MS. That is, XSX does indeed advertise 12TFLOPS while the PS5 advertises 10TFLOPS however they came up with those numbers. I'm not coming up with those numbers out of my ass. Don't shoot the messenger.
12 TFLOPS is theoretical peak performance, not actual. If you exclude the areas in GPU, memory and IO where PS5 is stronger you will continue to be bewildered on PS5's continued performance edge over series X in less crossplatform games going forward. Notwithstanding, after two years of these consoles, we can note that PS5 does have the advantage in RT, Effects, Alpha and generally 120fps modes.
And why would that be wrong? Being able to use more GPU bandwidth to allow for more RT features is what everyone would like to have this generation. RT reflections has been the only feature for several games on the PS5 and it seems to be a popular feature that many people enjoy. Why downplay it because it's not available for the consoles in W3EE?
Hey, go broke, but consoles do have two RT modes, so that's pretty good for RT buffs. PC has two more RT features in game and that's great on a technological standpoint, what it will take to run all four though might be something, even on PC.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It shouldn't be a problem for me to quote what is claimed to be true from both Sony and MS. That is, XSX does indeed advertise 12TFLOPS while the PS5 advertises 10TFLOPS however they came up with those numbers. I'm not coming up with those numbers out of my ass. Don't shoot the messenger.

You literally repeated a fake data point that can be addressed by an automatic calculator on google?

TF difference - 15%
Memory bandwidth difference - At most 22%, but if you consider the whole memory pool, It's actually 6%

So... you repeated a claim that is not substantiated by math. Congratulations. And this conversation is stale, keep on trying to prove you're unbiased.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Hey guys we can tone it down, no need for the steam. All we need now is an analysis after the latest patch.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
watching arnold schwarzenegger GIF

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The peak TFs difference is 17.9%.

12.15 - 10.3 / 10.3 = 17.9%

Edit - Fixed… actually Series X GPU is 12.15TFs… I was fooled by MS marketing saying 12TFs… if you do the math (2 x SP x clock) you have 12.15TFs.