dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
We took your games. Like candy from a baby.

Your AAA games... are OUR AAA games. Be a good little beta tester and get back to work.
Look whose talking .Arent you the same guys beta testing all that trash and shovelware on steam. Not to mention star citizen a game that has been crowd funded since 2012 and still isnt out and overpaying for gpus that get replaced after two years

D

Deleted member 13

1__Jennifer-Lawrence.gif
I am so in love with that GIF. Everytime I see it, I wish that I was her boyfriend. :love:

• angry
Reactions: rofif

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
2022:
wO3FQp.png

Have you ever heard of anything on this list besides god of war?

All time:
1657994891349.png

How can it be that indie games that could run on a potato, or decades old games consistently receive STEAM user's highest ratings?

My thoughts:

The traditional AAA game developer long since abandoned the PC around the time the 360 and PS3 hit their a stride. That's why many of us who remember the heyday of PC gaming (the early to mid 00's) with games like Doom 3, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, and Crysis (all exclusives btw) can't recognize the current state of the platform.

All of the exclusives were lost in one foul swoop to the emerging HD console market. PC seemed like a thing of the past and rightfully so, the console experience had surpassed anything PCs were capable of. Unified online, HD graphics, and the platform manufacturer's careful content curation meant that PC gaming was quickly becoming a defunct way to play games.

The PC platform became a niche market relegated only to the most narrow of selection of games unplayable on consoles, like Starcraft, Warcraft, and other games heavily dependent on a standardized Keyboard and Mouse setup.

Of course, PC gamers are overwhelmingly lower income and can't afford the luxury of a dedicated games platform, such as a console. this is why they pirate, and beg so fervently for console ports, they need the lower cost of having one machine that 'does it all' so to speak.

this is the future of PC gaming, to offer a lower cost to entry point in gaming, be it for less discerning customers, or those who can't afford to invest into a console... and you know what, that may not be such a bad thing, but certainly it proves that PC gaming is not the premium place to play. far from it.
Its the premium place to play shower with your daddy simulator

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What makes the PC scene amazing for me is the amount of indies that release absolute bangers every so often. Games like Project Zomboid, Software Inc, etc, are not lookers, but they are fun as hell and cheap as can be. Project Zomboid cost me a tenner and is probably one of the best open world survival games out there, if not the best.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im not a big fan of PC gaming. I use it for retro games and older games. And I love me some Total War. Obviously there are tons of good PC only games and indies.

But overall, if you don’t have a PS, Switch, you still missing out on so many good games, if not some of the best games. Even if you rig is £3000 lol And can play 8K 120FPS.

Before Xbox started porting games day 1 on PC 2013/4? PC was probably the weakest platform in terms of playing great AAA games.

Id rather Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, TLOU, Halo 3, Lost Odessy, Mario Galaxy at 720p 30fps instead of Assassins creed at 8k 120FPS or whatever other 3rd party games. Probably because I think 8/10 times, 1st Party Nintendo and Playstation games are better than other publishers. FromSoft, Rockstar are the exception.

I think the best combo will always be have all the platforms. PC for Steam/Xbox games, PS and Switch for their exclusives.

Saying you have a PC and you play the best games is just incorrect lol. Your missing out.

Plus Im really lazy and not one of those people who sit at their desk with the PC on all the time. I play on my couch, my lazy ass wants to press the controller button that turns my console on and thats it

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Games with a 75+ rating on Metacritic this year currently:

PS5 - 35
Switch - 52
XSX/S - 25
PC - 74

And it's like this EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

We get OUR games... and we get YOUR games. We get access to AAA bangers, we get access to the best from Japan, we get access to the best indies, and we can use any controllers we want. We can mod them, they're not censored, they're cheaper in most cases as well with options to buy them from other reputable stores.

After you're done digesting the literal metric ton of great games that we get every year... you can emulate most games on any console up to and including the WiiU without issue. High profile Switch and PS3 games are well emulated these days as well. Sony's bringing all their best PS4 gen stuff to PC, and MS is bringing everything to PC.

Consoles are redundant. They're money pits that are eventually going to leave you high and dry with a bunch of unsupported games with no way to play them requiring you to keep your old ass consoles lying around gathering dust for ages.

There's a reason why console fanboys all say the exact same shit when their games start coming to PC:

-"If you port/bring your games to PC WHAT IS THE POINT OF OWNING/BUYING YOUR CONSOLE SONY/MS!"
-"I can just play your Xbox games on PC haha owned!"
-"I can just play your PS games on PC haha owned!"
-"I can just emulate your Nintendo games on PC haha owned!"

PC gamers just game. We don't cry about "losing" games.. It's clear that OP is insecure and obviously needs to make threads like this to cope.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Im not a big fan of PC gaming. I use it for retro games and older games. And I love me some Total War. Obviously there are tons of good PC only games and indies.

But overall, if you don’t have a PS, Switch, you still missing out on so many good games, if not some of the best games. Even if you rig is £3000 lol And can play 8K 120FPS.

Before Xbox started porting games day 1 on PC 2013/4? PC was probably the weakest platform in terms of playing great AAA games.

Id rather Uncharted 2, Demon Souls, TLOU, Halo 3, Lost Odessy, Mario Galaxy at 720p 30fps instead of Assassins creed at 8k 120FPS or whatever other 3rd party games. Probably because I think 8/10 times, 1st Party Nintendo and Playstation games are better than other publishers. FromSoft, Rockstar are the exception.

I think the best combo will always be have all the platforms. PC for Steam/Xbox games, PS and Switch for their exclusives.

Saying you have a PC and you play the best games is just incorrect lol. Your missing out.

Plus Im really lazy and not one of those people who sit at their desk with the PC on all the time. I play on my couch, my lazy ass wants to press the controller button that turns my console on and thats it
Microsoft is porting all of their games, Sony is starting to and Switch can be emulated in its entirety.

PC is all that is needed.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remij

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I love PC but the whole master race narrative is garbage, these people spending crazy amounts getting scalped aren't gamers as much as they are just hardware enthusiasts.

Once you play enough on PC you realize that it's a big waste of time to chase max settings and other useless stuff.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Microsoft is porting all of their games, Sony is starting to and Switch can be emulated in its entirety.

PC is all that is needed.

Emulating Switch is illegal and just not as easy or smooth as playing on official hardware. I also dont wanna wait 4+/2 years to Play God of War Ragnarok, BOTW, Triangle Theory, Returnal, Beyonetta, GT7 or other games.

So again, if you think thats all you need, then cool. But Id rather not miss out on those games. As a gamer, Id much rather miss out on the PC exclusives which outside of Total War and some strategy games there arent many great ones for me. And definetly nothing compared to games like Bloodborne, God of War etc

Especially with consoles now playing more and more 60fps. GOTY games being more on PS and Switch they are mostly all I need. Playstation and Nintendo studios/publishing is amongst the top 5 best in gaming. Ignoring them is just not something I want to do because they mostly deliver the goods.
No PC exclusive makes me go wow, I need to get a PC

Reactions: Swift_Star

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We get OUR games... and we get YOUR games.

But are you playing God of War Ragnarok, GT7, Horizon 2 this year? No. And your missing out on Returnal brah

And if you go out and say you’re playing Beyonetta 3, Advanced wars, Triangle strategy this year on your PC, Nintendo will come for your ass lol.

What games on PC this year are must plays over God of War Raganrok or Beyonetta 3?

If you missing one of these consoles or PC, your always gonna miss out on good games. Whether your a console only gamer or a PC only gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.