dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You know it's sad when you have to make threads like this to feel better about your gaming habits.

No, you can tell how I perceive what Metacritic means to you.

You still havent mentioned any PC exclusive games? Just a collective metacritc score.

Its a discussion about gaming habits, no1 needs to be offended

Reactions: Umar

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I didnt say I only play exclusives. Im just giving you example of exclusives game you can’t play on PC.

You played Elden Ring?????.… WOW…… So have millions on Xbox 1, PS4, PS5, Series S, X lol.

Now maybe you can finally tell me which PC exclusive games are so much better than the exclusive Playstation or Swich games this year?

Your the one who keeps mentioning metacritic scores, so thats why I brought up GOTY….
Exclusives are important because they give you a reason to play that platform over other platforms. Why Nintendo is so successful.
Yes, and do you see me making threads like this about consoles...? No, because I'm secure with my gaming habits.

I don't need to tell you anything about PC exclusive games. My reasons for thinking the platform is better isn't only about the games.

And yes, I do... do you have a better aggregate source for games and their general review scores?

What you're saying only applies to consoles... PC doesn't need that shit to be successful... and that's because the perks and best things are about the platform itself, as well as all the metric ton of games you can play.

Exclusives are the only thing that set consoles apart from each other. I don't care if a game is exclusive or not. A good game is a good game.

And Nintendo is so successful because they consolidated their successful handheld market into their failed console market to create one big hybrid market for their games. One gen they can have Wii success.. and the next they're WiiU'ing it up.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
You know it's sad when you have to make threads like this to feel better about your gaming habits.

No, you can tell how I perceive what Metacritic means to you.
if you cant see the problem with pc library is not even worth having this discussion. the last time there was a fanfare surrounding a pc release was with alyx.
right now the only thing im looking forward to is the complete version of Baldur's gate. other than that we are just relying on console ports. Gabe is doing fuck all. is not investing in shit. steam is basically getting carried by 3rd parties. epic is doing shit as well.
but go off and just look at all the metacritic score of all those random 75 games the you barely know 5

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Games with a 75+ rating on Metacritic this year currently:

PS5 - 35
Switch - 52
XSX/S - 25
PC - 74

Whatever will I play?
Also including the previous compatible gen and being a bit more selective, with games with a 85+ rating on MC this year currently:
PS4/5 - 9
Switch - 9
XBO/SX/S - 9
PC - 17

Even doing that, the list is still misleading because some of these games have been released in more platforms but weren't counted by MC because didn't get enough reviews in that platform, or are counting for a platform but are ports that were released way before in other ones.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
if you cant see the problem with pc library is not even worth having this discussion. the last time there was a fanfare surrounding a pc release was with alyx.
right now the only thing im looking forward to is the complete version of Baldur's gate. other than that we are just relying on console ports. Gabe is doing fuck all. is not investing in shit. steam is basically getting carried by 3rd parties. epic is doing shit as well.
but go off and just look at all the metacritic score of all those random 75 games the you barely know 5
The problem is that you want exclusives. Because inherently that will make a game more desirable to you. It would justify your platform choice, right?

I mean, we're getting all Xbox games day and date... and Sony is moving in that direction whether you guys admit it or not.

You REALLY think I feel I'm making the wrong choice here in putting all my eggs in the PC basket? lol..

And hey, I agree that Valve should be putting out and funding more games. They should release them on consoles too.. because I don't give a fuck about them being exclusive.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
The problem is that you want exclusives. Because inherently that will make a game more desirable to you. It would justify your platform choice, right?

I mean, we're getting all Xbox games day and date... and Sony is moving in that direction whether you guys admit it or not.

You REALLY think I feel I'm making the wrong choice here in putting all my eggs in the PC basket? lol..

And hey, I agree that Valve should be putting out and funding more games. They should release them on consoles too.. because I don't give a fuck about them being exclusive.
im not talking about being exclusive or not. just have a steady stream of exciting stuff. thgere is literally nothing coming in the near future other than 3rd party console ports

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022
PC don't have Knack, simple choice really. No Knack, no buy!
200.gif

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
im not talking about being exclusive or not. just have a steady stream of exciting stuff. thgere is literally nothing coming in the near future other than 3rd party console ports
Those are what I call games... and I think you ultimately are indeed talking about exclusives.

PC has never had first party developers...... So what you're saying is that you're looking for the next closest thing, which would be Valve, to make or fund exclusive games for PC that you can't get anywhere else. That's basically what would be exciting to you.

If Valve created HL3, and brought it to PC and consoles... you'd still be here talking about how it's a console game and that PC doesn't have anything...

I mean more 3rd parties are making PC games now than ever before. They'd still be making the same games they are now... even if they were exclusive.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That’s the truth.
Paying more to access the same games is the reality of pc gaming right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And then they waste hours and hours trying to validate their purchases on forums while everyone else is happy playing games.

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
Your title doesn't fit the point you are trying to prove.

The PC is the best platform to play games on if you subtract the cost of the hardware and the complexity of quirks to get the best experience out of a PC (essentially you need to know some PC-centric solutions to problems in the OS). I was expecting you to come up with points that make the PC version of games inferior to the consoles. Instead you are saying that most people with PCs for gaming love playing non-AAA games as proven in the Steam list. Those are two totally different arguments for discussion.

Can you elaborate a bit more as to why you think the PC isn't the premium platform to play any game on?
I think what he is trying to say is that for many many years PC gaming was the source for the cutting edge game experiences, consoles were lucky if they got inferior ports from the PC platform. Nowadays the roles are reversed, the best experiences come from the consoles and the PC is the source of all the janky low budget games.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
That’s the truth.
Paying more to access the same games is the reality of pc gaming right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And then they waste hours and hours trying to validate their purchases on forums while everyone else is happy playing games.
Same games? Yes and no, PC has a heap of games consoles never see and miss a few console games a year. It's not exactly like we care we can't play your special game for a while lol.

Also the experience is different, multiple methods of control and play. Higher settings, higher framerates and refresh rates not possible for consoles, and aspect ratios consoles can't do letting you see things you otherwise wouldn't.

These things dramatically transform a game experience, so while you may be playing the same game as me our experiences are not equal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remij

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Same games? Yes and no, PC has a heap of games consoles never see and miss a few console games a year. It's not exactly like we care we can't play your special game for a while lol.

Also the experience is different, multiple methods of control and play. Higher settings, higher framerates and refresh rates not possible for consoles, and aspect ratios consoles can't do letting you see things you otherwise wouldn't.

These things dramatically transform a game experience, so while you may be playing the same game as me our experiences are not equal.
And don't forget... their argument is based on Playstation and Nintendo exclusive games.

Playstation are starting to bring their games over... and it's painfully obvious the direction they're heading in... So then they'll run to Nintendo as their last bastion.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
And don't forget... their argument is based on Playstation and Nintendo exclusive games.

Playstation are starting to bring their games over... and it's painfully obvious the direction they're heading in... So then they'll run to Nintendo as their last bastion.
Nintendo isn't even a safe haven, and they know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.