dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
But are you playing God of War Ragnarok, GT7, Horizon 2 this year? No. And your missing out on Returnal brah

And if you go out and say you’re playing Beyonetta 3, Advanced wars, Triangle strategy this year on your PC, Nintendo will come for your ass lol.

What games on PC this year are must plays over God of War Raganrok or Beyonetta 3?

If you missing one of these consoles or PC, your always gonna miss out on good games. Whether your a console only gamer or a PC only gamer.
You know you’re wasting your time with that guy, right?
“Our games” “your games”.
I’ve read some stupid shit and I still get surprised over time.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
But are you playing God of War Ragnarok, GT7, Horizon 2 this year? No. And your missing out on Returnal brah

And if you go out and say you’re playing Beyonetta 3, Advanced wars, Triangle strategy this year on your PC, Nintendo will come for your ass lol.

What games on PC this year are must plays over God of War Raganrok or Beyonetta 3?

If you missing one of these consoles or PC, your always gonna miss out on good games. Whether your a console only gamer or a PC only gamer.

Games with a 75+ rating on Metacritic this year currently:

PS5 - 35
Switch - 52
XSX/S - 25
PC - 74

Whatever will I play?

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You know you’re wasting your time with that guy, right?
“Our games” “your games”.
I’ve read some stupid shit and I still get surprised over time.
Isn't that what you call them?

"Why are they porting OUR games to PC!"
"Why are they taking OUR exclusive games!"

Yea... you're the one wasting your time with me... :rolleyes:

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Isn't that what you call them?

"Why are they porting OUR games to PC!"
"Why are they taking OUR exclusive games!"

Yea... you're the one wasting your time with me... :rolleyes:
I don’t, I call them games, I’m not that silly or childish, but again:
K-Pop GIF

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Did I not state fanboys in my post? They most certainly do.

If you're not a console fanboy there's no reason to be defensive like you are.
I’m not defensive, I’m actually laughing at how pathetic all this is. I think you don’t like being called out because you’re really defensive over this
Now:
Justin Timberlake Crying GIF by StickerGiant

Anyway, I got better things to do, keep being childish if it pleases you.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
PC is no longer good for exclusives. PC was a huge stalwart of setting it's own benchmarks back in the day. Far Cry, Crysis, F.E.A.R. Besides that, there was a time when you could only play Oblivion on PC and a tonne of great games. Remember games like Blood, Hexen, Phantasmagoria, GIANT's Citizen Kabuto and my goodness so many more iconic games, I can't begin to list them, but all games which stayed with me. Even smaller DOS games like Dangerous Dave, Slordax, Scorched Earth, Stunts. There was a time the variety and quality was stacked on PC, you could only get these games on PC. Now PC guys are pretty much only begging for console games so they could slide a few graphical settings to the right, when console players enjoyed those games years ago. Even day and date PC games are not better on PC, yes better framerates and resolutions, but many times more technical issues, since your antivirus or a piece of peripheal may conflict from playing properly, some un-updated software may interfere, Enhanced anti-cheat and DRM systems, pretty much anything can make you scratch your head and tinker on PC instead of playing.

Cheating is the biggest issue on PC to this day, hackers run wild. Hence COD or any MP game launches on PC and console, you want to play on console for the better experience, because spending thousands more to play at the same 4k 60fps with some better settings does not transform the visuals to any appreciable degree, yet the annoyance and headaches still associated with PC gaming as opposed to consoles, where you just play is certainly more beneficial to gamers of today. Back then I loved PC gaming as I was also into general technology and PC technology, tinkering, building PC's, programming etc..., but now, most people are too busy for all of that. The younger generation use their smart phones and handhelds mostly, and of course as you can see more people play those simpler games on PC, nothing too graphically groundbreaking. Fortnite, Candy Crush etc are making a killing. Funny enough the 3090's are way overpowered for these games and even the best looking games across console and PC are never ground up games for these pricey GPU's plus CPU's.

I personally can't ever see PC being what it was before relative to Ground breaking tech. Halflife 2, DOOM 3, F.E.A.R, Crysis made the latest GPU's buckle, but even then piracy killed many of these impressive feats, less so halflife because of Steam. PC still has not overcome piracy and cheating, that is why there was a max exodus to consoles. At least, if a game crashes on one console, it crashes on all, the developer can just fix it for all, the dev would know the hardware and problem directly. On PC, it may play fine on the PC in the bedroom and not so in the living room and many times the consumer is left on his own to figure it out. So all in all, consoles are still the most hassle free way to play and the technology in consoles are pretty impressive too, so less down time and you still get fast loadtimes and 4k gaming. It just seems more and more consoles are homing in on even technical advantages of PC and many advanced features.

mansoor1980

4 Jul 2022
PC is no longer good for exclusives. PC was a huge stalwart of setting it's own benchmarks back in the day. Far Cry, Crysis, F.E.A.R. Besides that, there was a time when you could only play Oblivion on PC and a tonne of great games. Remember games like Blood, Hexen, Phantasmagoria, GIANT's Citizen Kabuto and my goodness so many more iconic games, I can't begin to list them, but all games which stayed with me. Even smaller DOS games like Dangerous Dave, Slordax, Scorched Earth, Stunts. There was a time the variety and quality was stacked on PC, you could only get these games on PC. Now PC guys are pretty much only begging for console games so they could slide a few graphical settings to the right, when console players enjoyed those games years ago. Even day and date PC games are not better on PC, yes better framerates and resolutions, but many times more technical issues, since your antivirus or a piece of peripheal may conflict from playing properly, some un-updated software may interfere, Enhanced anti-cheat and DRM systems, pretty much anything can make you scratch your head and tinker on PC instead of playing.

Cheating is the biggest issue on PC to this day, hackers run wild. Hence COD or any MP game launches on PC and console, you want to play on console for the better experience, because spending thousands more to play at the same 4k 60fps with some better settings does not transform the visuals to any appreciable degree, yet the annoyance and headaches still associated with PC gaming as opposed to consoles, where you just play is certainly more beneficial to gamers of today. Back then I loved PC gaming as I was also into general technology and PC technology, tinkering, building PC's, programming etc..., but now, most people are too busy for all of that. The younger generation use their smart phones and handhelds mostly, and of course as you can see more people play those simpler games on PC, nothing too graphically groundbreaking. Fortnite, Candy Crush etc are making a killing. Funny enough the 3090's are way overpowered for these games and even the best looking games across console and PC are never ground up games for these pricey GPU's plus CPU's.

I personally can't ever see PC being what it was before relative to Ground breaking tech. Halflife 2, DOOM 3, F.E.A.R, Crysis made the latest GPU's buckle, but even then piracy killed many of these impressive feats, less so halflife because of Steam. PC still has not overcome piracy and cheating, that is why there was a max exodus to consoles. At least, if a game crashes on one console, it crashes on all, the developer can just fix it for all, the dev would know the hardware and problem directly. On PC, it may play fine on the PC in the bedroom and not so in the living room and many times the consumer is left on his own to figure it out. So all in all, consoles are still the most hassle free way to play and the technology in consoles are pretty impressive too, so less down time and you still get fast loadtimes and 4k gaming. It just seems more and more consoles are homing in on even technical advantages of PC and many advanced features.
facts , really well said , pc gaming in 90s and the next decade was the best

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I’m not defensive, I’m actually laughing at how pathetic all this is. I think you don’t like being called out because you’re really defensive over this
Now:
Justin Timberlake Crying GIF by StickerGiant

Anyway, I got better things to do, keep being childish if it pleases you.
You came into this thread mad because I called OP a beta tester... think about that.

If that's what gets you this defensive and upset, then you probably should go do something else. I suggest playing a game.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

PS5 - 35
Switch - 52
XSX/S - 25
PC - 74

Whatever will I play?

So what exclusive PC games are you gonna play? I bet none of them will score better than God of War Ragnarok, Beyonetta and Returnal

Higher scores because of more games doesnt mean the better games. How many times has a PC exclusive won game of the year if you just gonna mention metacritic scores…..

Like I said, miss out on great games all you want, Ill be playing whatever I want :LOL:

Reactions: rofif

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

PS5 - 35
Switch - 52
XSX/S - 25
PC - 74

Whatever will I play?
you guys are boring, you know you got nothing when you can't even name one single game.

• they're_right_you_know

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Yep. PC Master Race is a myth. The vast majority of people have mid-low PC rigs. Which means that PC is great for little indies.

I am fascinated with a game.called. Project Zomboid

Reactions: rofif and Kokoloko

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
So what exclusive PC games are you gonna play? I bet none of them will score better than God of War Ragnarok, Beyonetta and Returnal

Higher scores because of more games doesnt mean the better games. How many times has a PC exclusive won game of the year if you just gonna mention metacritic scores…..

Like I said, miss out on great games all you want, Ill be playing whatever I want :LOL:

You only play exclusives?

You've listed 3 games... I've already played the highest scoring game this year, Elden Ring. That's my GOTY so far.

I can tell how important games being exclusive and winning GOTY is to you.. You can't even fathom someone not giving a shit.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You only play exclusives?

You've listed 3 games... I've already played the highest scoring game this year, Elden Ring. That's my GOTY so far.

I can tell how important games being exclusive and winning GOTY is to you.. You can't even fathom someone not giving a shit.

I didnt say I only play exclusives. Im just giving you example of exclusives game you can’t play on PC.

You played Elden Ring?????.… WOW…… So have millions on Xbox 1, PS4, PS5, Series S, X lol.

Now maybe you can finally tell me which PC exclusive games are so much better than the exclusive Playstation or Swich games this year?

Your the one who keeps mentioning metacritic scores, so thats why I brought up GOTY….
Exclusives are important because they give you a reason to play that platform over other platforms. Why Nintendo is so successful.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
you guys are boring, you know you got nothing when you can't even name one single game.
You know it's sad when you have to make threads like this to feel better about your gaming habits.

''I can tell how important Metacritic is to you.. You can't even fathom someone not giving a shit.''

it writes itself
No, you can tell how I perceive what Metacritic means to you.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
''I can tell how important Metacritic is to you.. You can't even fathom someone not giving a shit.''

it writes itself
Exactly

Coming from the guy who kept mentioning metacritic scores right?

PC — 75 metacritic!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.