dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Also, even games where millions upon millions have been spent always seem to be lost in space. Star Citizen is the biggest scam in PC history, I'd take a Molyneux+Todd Howard collaborated game over SC at this point. Th SC devs got so much money, promised so many grand features and yet, when is this finally releasing as something coherent?

I was impressed with Black Myth Wukong on PC, graphics, animations and physics all looked pretty solid, but these games take so long, by the time they come, features are reduced, graphics are just not as good as the competition. Still looking forward to Black Myth Wukong, should make it to console anyway if they expect some solid sales.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You just can't argue with this. Spending 3000$ om a PC just for gaming is completely nuts. The diminishing returns are real.
Double or more the framerate, any control option you want, much higher refresh rates and hardware that can actually hit them, an abundance of resolutions and aspect ratios, modifications, higher graphical settings and some not even present on consoles, a vastly superior VR experience with software bursting from the seams.

There's no diminishing returns you're just not looking at the whole picture.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The thread isn't about premium hardware... It's about the experience. In the eyes of a console gamer, anything better than the console would be premium..

How are you not understanding that?

Who cares about the % of hardware lower than consoles?

LOL ok how many last gen consoles are there? ~170M PS4s and Xbox consoles. How many current gen consoles? Around 35M.. That's 17% of consoles being new or "premium"..

What can you say... there's a lot of PC gamers having PCs more powerful than consoles.... Just like there's a lot of console gamers having more powerful consoles than other console gamers...
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Are we? We're on the road to eating your entire lunch, and playing your games in a much better state than you will experience, I feel pretty secure.
Not a group. Specifically you. You’re since GS System wars days being a lemming, it’s more than 15 years now. You’re the most insecure person here. Your pc friend is just a random troll.

Reactions: Umar

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
I picture the poster eating a can of cold pasta or instant ramen why he/she post this…

Why bother with anything better?
Nah, I'm true PC master race, don't be fooled. The difference is, I use my PC for work, not playing games.

Of course this all comes down to personal opinion, when I finish my work I like to hop on the couch and play with my PS5 and XSX on my OLED with my Dolby Atmos setup. And then of course we have the games, without some exceptions (few), there are not many game that require an Uber PC. Do I really need to play Valheim @4K 240hz? Game is cool but looks like crap, PC is not the place for high end gaming anymore, unless you wanna play crap at 144hz just for fun.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Not a group. Specifically you. You’re since GS System wars days being a lemming, it’s more than 15 years now. You’re the most insecure person here. Your pc friend is just a random troll.
Explain my insecurity, please do. Yours are on full display, hell most of this forum is lol.

Don't hold back.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Explain my insecurity, please do. Yours are on full display, hell most of this forum is lol.

Don't hold back.
I don’t need to. It’s plain for everyone to see.
You join forums with the same username, run yourself to the ground doing the same and ultimately get banned. The same will happen here. It’s just a matter of time. That’s the destiny of a lemming. I know you, buddy, and I’ve known you from a long time.
I find this utterly bizarre tbh.

Reactions: rofif

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I don’t need to. It’s plain for you to see.
You join forums with the same username, run yourself to the ground doing the same and ultimately get banned. The same will happen here. It’s just a matter of time. That’s the destiny of a lemming. I know you, buddy, and I’ve known you from a long time.
You know me because I command attention, I don't know you because you fade into the background and beat to the drum of others. You have no personality.

We've apparently been on the same forums for 15 years and you were not even impactful enough to be remembered.

Rough. Anyway, keep crying I have to get back to eating my (your) lunch.

Hahaha

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I don’t need to. It’s plain for everyone to see.
Your feelings are getting involved, clearly. 😅

Reactions: DynamiteCop
Status
Not open for further replies.