dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Sure, jan
taylor-swift-fail.gif

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Nah, I'm true PC master race, don't be fooled. The difference is, I use my PC for work, not playing games.

Of course this all comes down to personal opinion, when I finish my work I like to hop on the couch and play with my PS5 and XSX on my OLED with my Dolby Atmos setup. And then of course we have the games, without some exceptions (few), there are not many game that require an Uber PC. Do I really need to play Valheim @4K 240hz? Game is cool but looks like crap, PC is not the place for high end gaming anymore, unless you wanna play crap at 144hz just for fun.

I had a ps5 and an Xsx hooked up to my led but 60fps just doesn’t do it for me any more. Now I game on a 32:9 ultra wide screen min led 240hz hdr monitor. While the black on the oled are way better in a movie nothing beats the 32:9 in gaming. It’s like playing vr without the headset.

Hey I’m a whopper guy over a steak, I agree good enough is fine most of the time, but some times we want more

D

Deleted member 13

Nah, I'm true PC master race, don't be fooled. The difference is, I use my PC for work, not playing games.

Of course this all comes down to personal opinion, when I finish my work I like to hop on the couch and play with my PS5 and XSX on my OLED with my Dolby Atmos setup. And then of course we have the games, without some exceptions (few), there are not many game that require an Uber PC. Do I really need to play Valheim @4K 240hz? Game is cool but looks like crap, PC is not the place for high end gaming anymore, unless you wanna play crap at 144hz just for fun.
If you define "highend" gaming to mean playing PC exclusives not meant to be on a console, then you are correct. That era (i.e. Crysis, DOOM, etc..) is gone. But if you say highend gaming means playing the best possible experience of a particular game that can be played from ALL platforms, then that's an incorrect statement.

For example, what's the best platform to play GoW (2018) or HZD? Obviously it's the PC because when putting all options to MAX and wanting the highest resolution and framerate possible, it will require playing on a highend PC.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I had a ps5 and an Xsx hooked up to my led but 60fps just doesn’t do it for me any more. Now I game on a 32:9 ultra wide screen min led 240hz hdr monitor. While the black on the oled are way better in a movie nothing beats the 32:9 in gaming. It’s like playing vr without the headset.

Hey I’m a whopper guy over a steak, I agree good enough is fine most of the time, but some times we want more
Well, sell your consoles then and keep the pc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You seem to fail at making arguments continually. We're getting your games, they're better on our platform..

/thread
Good for you, lemming. Why are you here crying instead of playing? And we all know you’re a xbox fanboy. Stop pretending to have a pc.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Good for you, lemming. Why are you here crying instead of playing? And we all know you’re a xbox fanboy. Stop pretending to have a pc.
First off stop using my lines, I just said you're crying. What did I just say about you not having a personality? Secondly I have one of if not the best PC on this forum, and since you have zero self awareness I already posted it in this thread which got rid of the other one of you.

Anything else?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
First off stop using my lines, I just said you're crying. What didnI day about you nit having a personality? Secondly I have one of if not the best PC on this forum, and since you have zero self awareness I already posted it in this thread already got rid of the other one of you.

Anything else?
You don’t have a pc, lemming. Stop crying.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Anyone can make a fake pc specs screenshot, lemming. Nobody believes you. You don’t have a pc. You’ll soon be out of this forum as usual.
What makes you feel the need to post like this?

LOL the old "you don't have one" argument...

You're very combative. You have deep seated issues you need to work out bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.