dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No... the thread doesn't talk about premium PCs..... smh

The thread talks about PC being a premium place to play games....
It is even in the title 😂😂😂

I just showed the reality.. only 1% of the “PCMR” are really premium.

Ohhh and to show you more… that means around 1.5 million gamers that uses Steam really are Premium… the others are a mix with most (more than 80%) of them being lower than actual consoles if you want so much comparison.

Reactions: rofif

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
So you are a poor low to mid-range guy that call yourself PCMR and “premium”.

🤡🤡🤡
swing and a miss lmao

Q7bQKpS.png

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
It is even in the title 😂😂😂

I just showed the reality.. only 1% of the “PCMR” are really premium.
Read it again man. Premium place to play games...

Thus, we can say, that any hardware better than consoles, is more premium compared to the consoles.

At least 15% of Steam meets that criteria buddy...

Reactions: DynamiteCop
D

Deleted member 13

I think what he is trying to say is that for many many years PC gaming was the source for the cutting edge game experiences, consoles were lucky if they got inferior ports from the PC platform. Nowadays the roles are reversed, the best experiences come from the consoles and the PC is the source of all the janky low budget games.
Yea, if he's talking about PC exclusive games like Crysis - then yes, he's correct. None of the AAA companies are going to spend money investing in a big budget game only for it to go to just PC owners. Those days are gone.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
An RTX 3070 alone is $600, and only currently with dropped prices. Prior to that. it was ridiculous how much more expensive they were. That is only one part though, you need a decent CPU to go along with that, not an i3, you need some ram, a good SSD for solid loadtimes to match or get close to PS5. You need; keyboard, mouse, an OS, a motherboard, PSU and case. If you need to keep up you most definitely need to keep upgrading your MB if you are an intel user. So it adds up. A PS5 is only $400 and the experience is hassle free.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Yea, if he's talking about PC exclusive games like Crysis - then yes, he's correct. None of the AAA companies are going to spend money investing in a big budget game only for it to go to just PC owners. Those days are gone.
And they're shrinking on consoles as well..

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Read it again man. Premium place to play games...

Thus, we can say, that any hardware better than consoles, is more premium compared to the consoles.

At least 15% of Steam meets that criteria buddy...
That is not the definition of premium but let’s play your spin game…

85% of gamers on Steam have lower hardware than consoles… what is premium about that? Are you guys really that obtuse?

What I said is really the reality… most gamers on PC doesn’t play the “Premium”… actually less than 1% can call themselves to have the “Premium” experience.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
An RTX 3070 alone is $600, and only currently with dropped prices. Prior to that. it was ridiculous how much more expensive they were. That is only one part though, you need a decent CPU to go along with that, not an i3, you need some ram, a good SSD for solid loadtimes to match or get close to PS5. You need; keyboard, mouse, an OS, a motherboard, PSU and case. If you need to keep up you most definitely need to keep upgrading your MB if you are an intel user. So it adds up. A PS5 is only $400 and the experience is hassle free.
Yes, people who are willing to settle for less, generally accept less.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022

85% of gamers on Steam have lower hardware than consoles… what is premium about that? Are you guys really that obtuse?

What I said is really the reality… most gamers on PC doesn’t play the “Premium”… actually less than 1% can call themselves to have the “Premium” experience.
Who cares about what other people are doing? My experience is better than yours forever, cheers.

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Yes, people who are willing to settle for less, generally accept less.
$400 gives quite a bit imo.

Best looking games...... (first party)
Goty calibre games
Best loadtimes
Best exclusives
Lots of 4k rez games, lots of 60Hz games
Best controller with innovative features.
3d audio.
Cheat free MP games.
Hassle free plug and play.

Seems good to me.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

85% of gamers on Steam have lower hardware than consoles…
The thread isn't about premium hardware... It's about the experience. In the eyes of a console gamer, anything better than the console would be premium..

How are you not understanding that?

Who cares about the % of hardware lower than consoles?

LOL ok how many last gen consoles are there? ~170M PS4s and Xbox consoles. How many current gen consoles? Around 35M.. That's 17% of consoles being new or "premium"..

What can you say... there's a lot of PC gamers having PCs more powerful than consoles.... Just like there's a lot of console gamers having more powerful consoles than other console gamers...

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The thread isn't about premium hardware... It's about the experience. In the eyes of a console gamer, anything better than the console would be premium..

How are you not understanding that?

Who cares about the % of hardware lower than consoles?

LOL ok how many last gen consoles are there? ~170M PS4s and Xbox consoles. How many current gen consoles? Around 35M.. That's 17% of consoles being new or "premium"..

What can you say... there's a lot of PC gamers having PCs more powerful than consoles.... Just like there's a lot of console gamers having more powerful consoles than other console gamers...
:dead:

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
$400 gives quite a bit imo.

Best looking games...... (first party)
Goty calibre games
Best loadtimes
Best exclusives
Lots of 4k rez games, lots of 60Hz games
Best controller with innovative features.
3d audio.
Cheat free MP games.
Hassle free plug and play.

Seems good to me.
You just can't argue with this. Spending 3000$ om a PC just for gaming is completely nuts. The diminishing returns are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.