dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Xbox games like the Forzas are some of the best in their genre, Epic is great when they aren't shitting up Windows with their janky installer. Potato PCs are more powerful at legacy gaming than consoles and it's a point to their favor, not a detriment.

Gaming PCs cost more up front, and yet retarded console warriors think that it somehow nullifies all the features and games they don't have access to on the locked down plastic toy brand they choose to limit themselves with.

As if "investments" in game consoles vs PCs is a serious train of thought worth exploring. One is fixed, one is modular and constantly changing for the better. Both play the same games. PC offers more games, legacy, and performance if you aren't limited by budget.

Keep fighting that aggressive fight though, you do you, not too swift.
Ima be honest... I always try new forza when it comes out on GP and I always play for 3-4 hours and get bored to death.
These games are stiff and boring for me... I think these are overrated.
As for Halo, I even finished Infinite and it was sadly terrible. Fighting the same monke as boss 5 times.... and tunnels after 3 fake open world levels. yikes.

Imagine buying a PS5 for Spider-Man when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Miles Morales when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for GT7 when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Ragnarok when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have

PS owners have spent more money on PS5 to play the same games. Thanks Sony!

I spent more money on PC to have more power, do more things, multi task, mod support, no censorship bullshit, my games will move forward with me, emulation, customization, personalization, and to do work.

You're a simple person who wants simple things. We're not all like that. :cool:
This is a terrible argument. pc gamers spend more on new GPUs every few years alone... and still play same old games.
All you said, also works against you....

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Imagine buying a PS5 for Spider-Man when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Miles Morales when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for GT7 when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Ragnarok when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have

PS owners have spent more money on PS5 to play the same games. Thanks Sony!

I spent more money on PC to have more power, do more things, multi task, mod support, no censorship bullshit, my games will move forward with me, emulation, customization, personalization, and to do work.

You're a simple person who wants simple things. We're not all like that. :cool:
You’re a person that likes to waste money and seek validation from random people on forums.
We’re still playing the same games paying way less for them.
You do you.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Ima be honest... I always try new forza when it comes out on GP and I always play for 3-4 hours and get bored to death.
These games are stiff and boring for me... I think these are overrated.
As for Halo, I even finished Infinite and it was sadly terrible. Fighting the same monke as boss 5 times.... and tunnels after 3 fake open world levels. yikes.

This is a terrible argument. pc gamers spend more on new GPUs every few years alone... and still play same old games.
All you said, also works against you....
No.. it's not a terrible argument. PC gamers CAN spend more on new GPUs every few years... but they don't need to.

That's a typical argument from console gamers that you see often .. You bought your $3000 PC for this game! You spent $2000 for that game!

A GPU bought back in 2018 can still easily outpace these new consoles in the latest games... especially when RT is involved.. and it will for the rest of the generation. You spent $400 on a PS4, probably $400 on a PS4 PRO, $500 on a PS5, and you'll spend another $500 on a PS6 in that timeframe to beat that one GPU.

Having the OPTION to upgrade more often if we choose... is just another feather in the cap of the PC platform.

And again, there's more worth to PCs than just playing games. There's other reasons why people like and spend money on the platform.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
You’re a person that likes to waste money and seek validation from random people on forums.
We’re still playing the same games paying way less for them.
You do you.
Bro we get it already. But as I said we drive on the same roads but I'm choosing to drive in a BMW but that doesn't invalidate your Honda.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remij

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
No.. it's not a terrible argument. PC gamers CAN spend more on new GPUs every few years... but they don't need to.

That's a typical argument from console gamers that you see often .. You bought your $3000 PC for this game! You spent $2000 for that game!

A GPU bought back in 2018 can still easily outpace these new consoles in the latest games... especially when RT is involved.. and it will for the rest of the generation. You spent $400 on a PS4, $500 on a PS5, and you'll spend another $500 on a PS6 in that timeframe to beat that one GPU.

Having the OPTION to upgrade more often if we choose... is just another feather in the cap of the PC platform.

And again, there's more worth to PCs than just playing games. There's other reasons why people like and spend money on the platform.
But console gamers also don't need to(yet). I could've kept playing ps4 games on ps4. My slim was great!
Now I can do that on ps5 at 60fps and so on...
You will need to get a new gpu sooner or later or you will be going lower than console settings.
Of course pc games requirements are not as rapidly raising as they used to. My lunch 3080 fe will last me years if I have to guess... aside from crippling 10gb vram.

I've spend 200$ on new ps4 slim in 2017.
Then I've bought ps5 on launch for 500$. I gave away ps4 for Christmas to my nephew. There is no waste.
3080fe was 700$ on launch in 2020... Before that I had 2070 which I got on it's launch in 2018. I felt a need to upgrade because I got 4k monitor back then. I could not stand 1080p anymore. The 2070 always felt lacking... and I was coming from 1060 :p

The main advantage of a console is that it lasts you longer. And it's especially true for ps4 gamers. They can still play new games on it. Badly but they can.
I may remind you. ps4 came out in 2013 and it was 400$.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Bro we get it already. But as I said we drive on the same roads but I'm choosing to drive in a BMW but that doesn't invalidate your Honda.
That's how insecure these guys are. These are the types of guys that would see your car parked in a parking lot, and walk up to it and key it... simply because they believe that you're trying to flaunt it and make up for something.

It's all in their heads. So then they need positive reinforcement and validation for their behavior, like in this thread.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
But console gamers also don't need to(yet). I could've kept playing ps4 games on ps4. My slim was great!
Now I can do that on ps5 at 60fps and so on...
You will need to get a new gpu sooner or later or you will be going lower than console settings.
Of course pc games requirements are not as rapidly raising as they used to. My lunch 3080 fe will last me years if I have to guess... aside from crippling 10gb vram.

I've spend 200$ on new ps4 slim in 2017.
Then I've bought ps5 on launch for 500$. I gave away ps4 for Christmas to my nephew. There is no waste.
3080fe was 700$ on launch in 2020... Before that I had 2070 which I got on it's launch in 2018. I felt a need to upgrade because I got 4k monitor back then. I could not stand 1080p anymore

The main advantage of a console is that it lasts you longer. And it's especially true for ps4 gamers. They can still play new games on it. Badly but they can.
I may remind you. ps4 came out in 2013 and it was 400$.

lol... you're saying that console gamers can still just game on PS4.. and that they don't need to purchase a PS5.... while you just tried to tell me that PC gamers upgrade every 3 years... That's definitely not the case... unless they choose to do so.

Nobody here is arguing that you can and will spend more money upgrade PCs.... What I'm saying is that you're buying multiple console generations to keep up, and finally surpass what you can get from a single GPU.

And the funny thing is that a lot of these people who have consoles... ALSO have PCs with decent specs... so their whole money argument thing goes right out the window...

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Compared to the absolute dog shit that I'm responding to?

Doubtful.
It seems to me you have some problems accepting other people's opinions. Try and have an adult discussion.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Yea, you probably feel the need to justify your purchase.
I don't. I simply prefer it. I prefer gaming on my TV, I prefer a dedicated machine that I can spend $500 on and get games playing at 60fps with Raytracing and 3D audio. I prefer the DualSense features. I get all this for less than the price of a GPU upgrade.

I still have my gaming PC and still use it for specific titles though. I love my RTS and 4x games and I find they're infinitely better experiences on PC. I do have my emulators. I prefer Bethesda titles there as well, given how you almost NEED to mod them to make them playable half the time.

But overall I just find the PS console line and its ecosystem a smoother, better overall experience for new games.

Contra

17 Jul 2022
Northern Hellscapes
It seems to me you have some problems accepting other people's opinions. Try and have an adult discussion.

I have no problems accepting opinions.

It's my own opinion that this forum is clearly a huge, needlessly biased hug box for console war shit throwing. I honestly don't know why I signed up to it to try to make any points here. Getting told to "stop lying" about points to PC gaming pros and cons. Looking at manifesto tier cringe posts about "ending" PC gaming.

This thread is already a joke, but go ahead and single me out for taking it too lightly or whatever.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Bodycount611

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I have no problems accepting opinions.

It's my own opinion that this forum is clearly a huge, needlessly biased hug box for console war shit throwing. I honestly don't know why I signed up to it to try to make any points here. Getting told to "stop lying" about points to PC gaming pros and cons. Looking at manifesto tier cringe posts about "ending" PC gaming.

This thread is already a joke, but go ahead and single me out for taking it too lightly or whatever.
Why are you taking this too seriously? 😂

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Gaming PCs cost more up front, and yet retarded console warriors think that it somehow nullifies all the features and games they don't have access to on the locked down plastic toy brand they choose to limit themselves with.
It just seem consoles make you really upset. Why is that? :unsure:

You seem to hate consoles, imagine having limited yourself to just PC, that's probably how one ends up with a mindset like yours, to much pain for having misses all those console bangers and from having to beg for ports or "emulate" 🏴‍☠️ old console games. Most emulators run on any computer or even smartphones, no need for a gaming PC full RGB lighing.

You just seem like someone who probably spent way too much on your GPU and now you feel like you have to shit on consoles to justify the money you've spent to play Cyberpunk and Star Citizen.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Seriously is this some sort of satire?

Is this just another even more blatant platform war forum or what?

Literally nothing about this thread is worthy of replying to.. it's a bunch of nonsense trolling bait I'd assume.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I'm very serious about this thread and feel passionately about the subject. Don't let others slander or put words in my mouth.

PC is damaging the industry with low-rent freeware, entitled multiplatform begging gamers, and it is simply NOT the premium place for game development.

• fire
Reactions: rofif
Status
Not open for further replies.