dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
I wish Gabe would remove his flip flop, put a suit on and try to make the thing ship faster. I ordered mine in March (because I’m an idiot) and probably won’t be able to order it this year.
Where were you when I needed to see if someone wanted me a month ago!

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
I needed to see if someone wanted me a month ago!
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Except it’s fucking stupid comparison.
The 3 cylinder engine is so much weaker that stray runs 4k60 no stutters but n it compared to stutters on any amount of money pc.
The difference is not that simple to say this is definitively worse than this. You have to be ignorant to say that. People play on consoles for different reason. I am done with patience for pc bs. Even if it’s just a small stutter… I spent years tolerating all this stuff and turns out all I had to do was spend less money and just enjoy games

Give it a few weeks sure stray will be fixed on PC. Lets not pretend this kinda of shit happens on all platforms.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Give it a few weeks sure stray will be fixed on PC. Lets not pretend this kinda of shit happens on all platforms.
Stray issue is not a game issue.
It's ue5 streaming. The only fix is on steam deck as it downloads cache

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Okay I'm coming in late to this and have no idea if someone already said this but in my opinion this is going to be heavily slanted based on certain things...

1. Is the game controversial

2. Did it have a bad update

3. Does it have any kind of aggressive micro transactions

4. Does it use Denuvo

5. Can a wide range of different PC setups play the game

The way steam reviews work is because it's a simple binary up or down you recommend or you don't there are lots of opportunities to review bomb a game on steam for doing a single thing wrong

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Stray issue is not a game issue.
It's ue5 streaming. The only fix is on steam deck as it downloads cache

looks like been a few patches looking into it already. I been playing with patches and haven't seen it.

Don't even see it on my 3050ti gaming tablet. Sure not running 4k just Qhd, but its running maxed setting to. Thought it would be a tougher nut to crack

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 13

looks like been a few patches looking into it already. I been playing with patches and haven't seen it.

Don't even see it on my 3050ti gaming tablet. Sure not running 4k just Qhd, but its running maxed setting to. Thought it would be a tougher nut to crack
Same here. Both my Steam Deck and my main PC don't have any stutters. One AMD card and the other Nvidia card. So I'm doubting the setup system on their PC.

I even saw very little stuttering in Elden Ring but nowhere near the kind of stuttering that many were complaining about. I don't know if it has to do with system configuration or what?

D

Deleted member 51

Same here. Both my Steam Deck and my main PC don't have any stutters. One AMD card and the other Nvidia card. So I'm doubting the setup system on their PC.

I even saw very little stuttering in Elden Ring but nowhere near the kind of stuttering that many were complaining about. I don't know if it has to do with system configuration or what?
Some people just like to shit on PC, no matter what day of the week, no matter if it's here or other forums. Some people never change, and it's sad/pathetic. Every attempt to shit on PC, they are there. Even when it's not about PC, shit on PC. That just be a sad way to live.

Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
Some people just like to shit on PC, no matter what day of the week, no matter if it's here or other forums. Some people never change, and it's sad/pathetic. Every attempt to shit on PC, they are there. Even when it's not about PC, shit on PC. That just be a sad way to live.
You can thank Digital Foundry for spreading the FUD and giving weapons to fanboys to throw at each other.

After testing the game myself I didn't see a hint of stutters or any other problems, but my PC is WAY above average and it's perfectly balanced and put together.
On PC there are so many variables that can make a game stutter that I don't doubt the problem is there.

Wrong memory pairings, wrong slots for memory not enabling quad channel, wrong frequency and CAS latency for the CPU. And this is just on memory side, most people don't care about this stuff and then their PC stutters everywhere because it's not balanced with the right parts.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
You guys REALLY need to stop saying that people are spreading FUD....

Put the fanboy mentality aside for a moment and think about what's best for the platform. It's UNDENIABLE that many of these UE4 games suffer from shader compilation and asset loading/garbage collection stutters.

This has NOTHING to do with memory configurations, with processor speeds, with anything else hardware... This is a fundamental problem with how PCs work.

Now, I'm not saying every game has this issue... far from it. But MANY do... and we need it to be addressed. So STOP WORRYING about it giving console fanboys weapons to attack your platform. It should not be downplayed... It's a real issue, and the sooner we deal with it, the better it will be for everyone.

D

Deleted member 13

Put the fanboy mentality aside for a moment and think about what's best for the platform. It's UNDENIABLE that many of these UE4 games suffer from shader compilation and asset loading/garbage collection stutters.

This has NOTHING to do with memory configurations, with processor speeds, with anything else hardware... This is a fundamental problem with how PCs work.

Now, I'm not saying every game has this issue... far from it. But MANY do... and we need it to be addressed. So STOP WORRYING about it giving console fanboys weapons to attack your platform. It should not be downplayed... It's a real issue, and the sooner we deal with it, the better it will be for everyone.
Fair point.

I think that people with a well configured PC can brute force through it and still get a stellar experience playing the game.

It is a problem though. That's for sure. I don't think it's Epic's fault as all shaders have to be compiled into GPU code before use. So these companies using the UE should take the necessary steps to make sure that compilation happens before level loads.

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

You go girl, give those pc elite fanboys a peace of your mind.

Cheer Rooting For You GIF by Alessia Cara

Shocked Drag Race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I hope people complain even if it’s not a huge %. If it’s an issue for the community better get on a fix.

Stray runs great on my weakest hardware (100w i9/3050ti gaming tablet). Dunno what other games I have that use unreal 5 but haven’t seem stuttering issues.

Reactions: Remij
Status
Not open for further replies.