dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
BTW I truly believes people that buy/play older gamers are exceptions and not the most part of gamers that buy consoles.
FThkDuXUsAASLN6

Elden Ring was #20. Skyrim was ahead of it.

The narrative that console gamers are a premium audience who love buying $70 dollar games all the time is just wrong.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FThkDuXUsAASLN6

Elden Ring was #20. Skyrim was ahead of it.

The narrative that console gamers are a premium audience who love buying $70 dollar games all the time is just wrong.
You can’t be that dumb?

That graphic is sorted by release date… the older games will be on TOP lol

Elder Ring on #20 just shows there are at least 13 games from 2021/2022 in that list plus the old games that are most played are just 7 with mostly being GAAS including GTAV that is most played due GTAV Online part.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Swift_Star

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
Console game prices are kind of a joke. It's why 5 years later Mario Odyssey is still 60 dollars. You can't buy keys anywhere else and when you do they match physical prices, make it make sense (you can't)
I don't have a problem with no price drops.Thats on sellers choice. Not sure why people do have issues.

Jordans
Louis vuitton
Nikes
Drinks
Food
Cars deemed classics

Don't go down in price really. Heck they go up in some cases.

Who promised a price drop?? Why should it drop?? If you created IP would you under sell it Just to make your quarterly sheet look good with faux numbers.

• brain
Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I don't have a problem with no price drops.Thats on sellers choice. Not sure why people do have issues.

Jordans
Louis vuitton
Nikes
Drinks
Food
Cars deemed classics

Don't go down in price really. Heck they go up in some cases.

Who promised a price drop?? Why should it drop?? If you created IP would you under sell it Just to make your quarterly sheet look good with faux numbers.
Nintendo played their hand flawlessly in that regard, when you have no expectation of drastic price drop people just buy your game for it's current price instead of waiting for the inevitable sale. Pretty much all other big game publishers fell into that trap except Nintendo.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Nintendo played their hand flawlessly in that regard, when you have no expectation of drastic price drop people just buy your game for it's current price instead of waiting for the inevitable sale. Pretty much all other big game publishers fell into that trap except Nintendo.
It's not a trap, it's a market reality. For most games, sales slow down almost to a halt after a fairly short amount of time unless there are sales. Nintendo games are just different.

Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Screen-Shot-2022-07-21-at-9-44-14.png

the most played list is just as dire.

I know for a fact that besides the other 9/10 of these ancient freeware, MonHun Rise is only on this list because people in mainland China and remote parts of Asia are forced to play on PC.

I repeat, they are FORCED to play on PC. Capcom knows this and only ported this game to PC to reach these markets.

Switch cannot be sold or easily acquired in these regions. Some regions have historically had a ban on consoles, or japanese products in general, entirely.

They're playing on Potato PC's, probably stuck in internet cafes playing in the worst possible conditions. That's the reality of PC gaming.

Last edited:

Warnen

15 Jul 2022

I know for a fact that besides the other 9/10 of these ancient freeware, MonHun Rise is only on this list because people in mainland China and remote parts of Asia are forced to play on PC.

I repeat, they are FORCED to play on PC. Capcom knows this and only ported this game to PC to reach these markets.

Switch cannot be sold or easily acquired in these regions. Some regions have historically had a ban on consoles, or japanese products in general, entirely.

They're playing on Potato PC's, probably stuck in internet cafes playing in the worst possible conditions. That's the reality of PC gaming.

pathetic rowan atkinson GIF

Last edited:

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022

You're really going to beat that dead horse, huh?

I could make another fool of you to show that nearly every single game on the ps4s top 20 outside of the TLOU is available on PC so we can dispell your point about how we're "reliant on Sony" for quality games.

PC is getting Sony games, get over it. You're like a child that whines when his parents make him give up his toys to the goodwill.

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
Also, I might as well. Top 25 games on the PS4, overwhelming majority are on PC. Bodycounts post about depending on Sony for "goty quality games" are just lol worthy when I realized how few of them cracked that coveted 90+ metacritic for supposed "GOTY quality"

Not that I care about scores, I just find it hilarious how desperate he is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51

Yeah, I just don't get why some people can't let people have nice things. It always turns into a, "Well you spent how much on your GPU, but wait for sales?", Or how "Sony never said anything about porting ps5 games to PC, go play with our old dusty toys"

Just let people enjoy their short time exclusives, and let others enjoy their superior hardware.

But at the same time... Reading so much desperation is nothing but entertainment, while I pass these next few minutes before I head home.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yeah, I just don't get why some people can't let people have nice things. It always turns into a, "Well you spent how much on your GPU, but wait for sales?", Or how "Sony never said anything about porting ps5 games to PC, go play with our old dusty toys"

Just let people enjoy their short time exclusives, and let others enjoy their superior hardware.

But at the same time... Reading so much desperation is nothing but entertainment, while I pass these next few minutes before I head home.
The moment you say something like “superior hardware” is when you lost all reason in this argument. 🤷🏻‍♂️

D

Deleted member 51

The moment you say something like “superior hardware” is when you lost all reason in this argument. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well I mean when you look at high end hardware, there's much stronger hardware than the ps5. And I also said you guys have your exclusives for as long as they last. Neither of these statements are false. It's nothing negative, just factual stuff. Some hate to hear it, but this gap is already big, and will only grow bigger until there's a pro or ps7 model.

This does not make consoles weak or DOA. There's a reason why so many millions flock to consoles. It's easy to enter the next gen market with a lower price, upfront. But let's not forget these same games will be coming to not only consoles, but PC as well. Not sure why the word "superior" changes any of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.