Do you plan on buying a PS5 Pro or / and a Switch 2 this year?

Do you plan on buying either the PS5 Pro or the Switch 2?

• PS5 Pro

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Switch 2

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Both PS5 Pro & Switch 2

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • PS5 Pro around launch and Switch 2 later

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Switch 2 around launch and PS5 Pro later

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS Portal and ROG Ally.
I wanted to have Portable Factions/online from PS end on Portal, but can use it for other games still.

Rog Ally is just windows based for PC mods. Though I'd perfer content creation pipeline/better developed games than mods, it's a service issue.

• Informative
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I think actually both...
I never had nintendo console (not counting bootleg nes as a little kid) and switch oled totk edition been looking at me. I bet these zelda and mario games are pretty good....
ps5 pro is a no rainer although I am not happy about pro consoles

• they're_right_you_know

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
PS5 pro, no. I don't do the whole upgrade thing. I'd play on PC for that. Maybe if my PS5 breaks and I have to get a new one.

Switch 2 probably not as well. Maybe sometime down the line. I've had the switch for almost 2 years and only played 4 games on it. I had fun but full prices for 5 year-old games are a bit too much. It also depends if it's BC.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
i like most of the time, get, what i paid for, and only one of these gonna rip people off.

so, yeah, day 1 for sure, just one of these.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Probably both at launch. For the Switch 2, two things will be the deciding factors:

1) launch lineup
2) compatibility with previous accessories

• fire

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'll either buy a pro or quit PlayStation, it all depends if Sony is going to give me enough reasons to commit to their ecosystem.

Sony did a very poor job patching their own games when the PS4 Pro came out and convincing third parties to patch their games for PS5. It sucks that a game like RDR2 is stuck to low res and 30fps.

PS5 hardware is already great and PS5 Pro will probably give you an even bigger performance per dollar spent on it. All the issues are on the software side of things.

No idea about what the Switch 2 is going to be or what games it's going to have.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Neither. Might get a slim next year and already have a switch so will wait 2 years to see how it goes.