Do you plan on buying a PS5 Pro or / and a Switch 2 this year?

Do you plan on buying either the PS5 Pro or the Switch 2?

• PS5 Pro

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Switch 2

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Both PS5 Pro & Switch 2

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • PS5 Pro around launch and Switch 2 later

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Switch 2 around launch and PS5 Pro later

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
I grantee a lot of ppl saying the are fine with base ps5 will run to get a ps5 pro when ps core studios start dropping their bangers and the pro becomes the best place to play those games. 4 more yrs on base ps5 with a pro out there that will be the best place to play Wolverine, spiderman3, Cory’s new game, ghost2, ND new ip, lou3, marathon, London studio new game, blue point new game, horizon3 not to mention 3rd prty like dread wolf, exodus, the next mass effect, the next Witcher

Sure, still not interested in paying for games with lower resolution textures shadows and a subscription to play online, on the other hand Sony is moving towards Day 1 pc ports of 1st party titles strategy :cool:

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sure, still not interested in paying for games with lower resolution textures shadows and a subscription to play online, on the other hand Sony is moving towards Day 1 pc ports of 1st party titles strategy :cool:
Not so gle player games, they have consistently said 2 years later for newer titles.

Even Demons Souls and Ghost of Tsushima have not gone to pc yet.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, especially with the disappointing sales on pc so far.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Not so gle player games, they have consistently said 2 years later for newer titles.

Even Demons Souls and Ghost of Tsushima have not gone to pc yet.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you, especially with the disappointing sales on pc so far.

SD + GOT are not on PC because the devs never ported a PS game to PC so they're inexperienced, and nobody misses them on PC at all tbh

Elden Ring and Assassin's Creed are there already

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
SD + GOT are not on PC because the devs never ported a PS game to PC so they're inexperienced, and nobody misses them on PC at all tbh

Assn Creed wishes it was on the level of Ghost of T. I've played both and not even comparable in terms of quality. Not even tht, they aren't even comparable in combat. What their comparable because thy both have stealth options and are open world? 🤣 I dropped Assn Creed long ago due to it's staleness and repetition.

Trust me there's PC players tht would love to have Ghost of T.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Reddit isn't the best source

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Assn Creed wishes it was on the level of Ghost of T. I've played both and not even comparable in terms of quality. Not even tht, they aren't even comparable in combat. What their comparable because thy both have stealth options and are open world? 🤣 I dropped Assn Creed long ago due to it's staleness and repetition.

Trust me there's PC players tht would love to have Ghost of T.

Well Ass Creed Valhalla alone made $1bn, in comparison GOT didn't get that far, If ASS creed Japan comes out before GOT it's game over :censored: :censored:

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Well Ass Creed Valhalla alone made $1bn, in comparison GOT didn't get that far, If ASS creed Japan comes out before GOT it's game over :censored: :censored:
OH wow! Omg a game released on multiple consoles from an established series thts basically the COD of action games made 1bn wow Bro 👏 Lol

Whats your point? My comment still stands PC players would still love GOT which was a brand new IP, scored just as good and oh on its first try on "one" console sold more than 10 million :) It's a different game so Assn Creed is not filling tht void as you tried to allude don't be frivolous.

Again it's, popular, well rated and ppl want it. My point stands.

OH look lol 🤣🤣

Should I just lose all hope? Is there any tiny chance of this beautiful game coming to PC? I wanna play so bad I've been dreaming about playing this game. What do you guys think, is there a chance?

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Gotem!

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
PS5 Pro definitely. Switch 2, don't know. Mulling whether a Steam Deck OLED would be the route to go over a Switch 2. But then again not feeling wanting to lay down $549 for a handheld and it sucks that the Steam Deck OLED is mainly sold on Steam and not anywhere else.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Sony is not moving towards day one pc ports! They said 2021 no to that, 2022 no to that, 2023 no to that and they will keep saying it throughout 2024. What does Nintendo offer? More garbage hardware? More ugly baby games? The same ip reskinned and recycled for the millionth time? The laziest technological enhancements to their games? The laziest remakes and remasters in the industry? How who remasters a game and adds a $40 fast travel paywall? I would rather see gaming die and go away forever than give Nintendo a single $1. Nintendo is the most vile and evil Corporation in all of gaming. And do act like Nintendo doesn’t have back compatibility behind a pay wall with their older hardware.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS Portal and ROG Ally.
I wanted to have Portable Factions/online from PS end on Portal, but can use it for other games still.

Rog Ally is just windows based for PC mods. Though I'd perfer content creation pipeline/better developed games than mods, it's a service issue.

Finally purchased Portal. For playing around house it's possible, general blurryness and intermittent "catch-up" freezes with controller inputs over remote play. Are those blue strips supposed to stay lit all the time or is mine a bit faulty?

TLOU2 still feels sluggish to move around, PS5 pad doesn't help that with its bulky shape. I must try Factions 1 on Portal tonight. Just juggling console hdd space. And why do ND games let you choose with to install first (campaign or Factions/No Retreat), but not to only install those side modes. That's an awful lot of story campaign installation files sat around taking up space.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
PS Portal and ROG Ally.
I wanted to have Portable Factions/online from PS end on Portal, but can use it for other games still.

Rog Ally is just windows based for PC mods. Though I'd perfer content creation pipeline/better developed games than mods, it's a service issue.
Got both of these now... Kinda.

Portal is a bag of shit. SO FED UP of it losing connection and me surfing the great purple wormhole to get back in. It seemed to work slightly better at my brothers house for a time, but then was back to normal shittiness out of nowhere, leaving me to ask if the improvement was just placebo or the same odd good stretch I get at home sometimes, because there's no way his Internet is as big a package as mine from the same company etc.

What did I do whilst Portal's Remote Play was shitting the bed and it was a controller-screen shaped fucking useless brick? Why, I went on ROG Ally of course and played the Steam version natively instead of the PS game I was trying to remote play all together.

Unfortunately the Ally I bought quickly developed Left Stick left and right inputs not working (even on calibration screen). Apparently a known hardware issue, so leaves me crapping pants, just hoping I can simply take it back to Argos for a replacement unit. Only had it just shy of 2 odd weeks.

At this stage, the Portal is LUCKY that before Ally's LS broke on me, that I couldn't get it to remote play my PS5 using the Ally's buttons and PS Remote Play app combo, or vica versa that after breaking Ally's LS that I couldn't get the Steam game to recognise the Bluetooth wirelessly connected PS4 pad.

But if Argos fuck me around, then this might become a little docked machine for games that require LS inputs on Alley, and I'll get a USBC to MicroUSB adaptor wire (Ally has no full-sized USB port ffs!) to use PS4 pad on wire with hopefully no hiccups.

This game in particular, WWE 2K24, I always wanted the PC mods for, but if the hacks weren't a thing and I was only needing the portability aspect, like 99% of my other games, then I wouldn't need an Ally, just a non-remote-play-only PS Portable. As it stands, I'm seriously looking at selling the Portal if I can get the LS repaired, and then work out how to use Ally buttons to do PS Remote Play on Ally. All over remote play hiccups/frustrations.

Someone at Sony is a fucking bozo! They could have had an all buttons version of Vita, or one flashed with PS4 OS like 10 years ago. Instead it's been a parade of shit like PSVue TV service which was canceled, phone streaming fan, PC ports, and now a wholly inadequate response to Switch/Deck/Ally & Friends etc.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I already made up my mind.

Switch 2 at launch (so depressed that I was not day one with Switch and when I decided to get one it was already near Switch 2).
PS6 at launch like always.

In my experience I had no need for a PS4 Pro... PS4 worked great until the end of the generation.
I will probably not need a PS5 Pro because the same reason.

But I do miss a handheld after Vita... the only option is Switch so I wanted one but when I decided it was already 2022 and so I hold myself to wait for Switch 2.

Unless Sony shows a handheld that make my mind in that period I will be this time day one Switch 2.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
PS5 Pro (IF) it has a disc drive, if not, a Steam Deck. I love my Switch, but I just dont buy enough nintendo games to make a new one worth my while.

Reactions: Gamernyc78