Do you plan on buying a PS5 Pro or / and a Switch 2 this year?

Do you plan on buying either the PS5 Pro or the Switch 2?

• PS5 Pro

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Switch 2

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Both PS5 Pro & Switch 2

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • PS5 Pro around launch and Switch 2 later

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Switch 2 around launch and PS5 Pro later

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I see you guys talking about Switch 2 specs.
But for me it doesn’t matter because I wanted a Switch and missed the opportunity to buy one because I keep telling myself… wait a Switch Pro or Switch 2.

It just imo took Nintendo two longer to release.
Now I’m in that board so day one for a Switch successor (I won’t do the same mistake again).

It is the perfect matching to my PS5.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
@Bryank75

Can you ban Jez and Nick as a source out of this site, nuke them from orbit please?

Such annoying fake new merchants cunts.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ill be getting a PS5 Pro for sure. I just hope they release more PS studio games, at least as much as last gen and hopefully more.

Switch 2 Ill probably buy too, Im sure it will have a decent launch. Ill get the 3D Mario game unless it’s Galaxy 3. Metroid Prime 4 fingers crossed

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'll either buy a pro or quit PlayStation, it all depends if Sony is going to give me enough reasons to commit to their ecosystem.

Sony did a very poor job patching their own games when the PS4 Pro came out and convincing third parties to patch their games for PS5. It sucks that a game like RDR2 is stuck to low res and 30fps.

PS5 hardware is already great and PS5 Pro will probably give you an even bigger performance per dollar spent on it. All the issues are on the software side of things.

No idea about what the Switch 2 is going to be or what games it's going to have.

I agree with Sony needing to show more reasons to commit. For me I need more single player PS studio games and some online, multiple players games from them too. Plus more 3rd party exclusives. And not just timed exclusives that go to PC or other consoles.

With the PS4 Pro, they did ok. And yes they should of worked on there 1st party stuff like Bloodborne being 60fps and more official patches. But they did a decent job with letting games that were uncapped run at higher fps. Like Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Kingdom Hearts and the extra fps for games like God of War, Horizon made a big difference for me

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Neither of them will have any stock this year, let's be real.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Neither of them will have any stock this year, let's be real.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
I’ve owned every Nintendo system since the GameCube, and maybe because I didn’t grow on a Nintendo diet I always end up selling the consoles after trying whatever Zelda/Mario is considered the pinnacle of gaming at the time.

I think the Switch will have been the last one for me, because Breath of the Wild didn’t do anything for me.

PS5 pro I’m interested in and I think I will buy it, but this time around I might need to be convinced. PlayStation needs to sell me on the upgrade, by making me excited about the console itself at an hardware level and showing me games that will push the envelope otherwise I don’t know if I will be there at launch.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Nope, PC is enough
As the title says, which do you plan on picking up?
I grantee a lot of ppl saying the are fine with base ps5 will run to get a ps5 pro when ps core studios start dropping their bangers and the pro becomes the best place to play those games. 4 more yrs on base ps5 with a pro out there that will be the best place to play Wolverine, spiderman3, Cory’s new game, ghost2, ND new ip, lou3, marathon, London studio new game, blue point new game, horizon3 not to mention 3rd prty like dread wolf, exodus, the next mass effect, the next Witcher

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I grantee a lot of ppl saying the are fine with base ps5 will run to get a ps5 pro when ps core studios start dropping their bangers and the pro becomes the best place to play those games. 4 more yrs on base ps5 with a pro out there that will be the best place to play Wolverine, spiderman3, Cory’s new game, ghost2, ND new ip, lou3, marathon, London studio new game, blue point new game, horizon3 not to mention 3rd prty like dread wolf, exodus, the next mass effect, the next Witcher

GTA6

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
If I get a PC built before the Pro model releases then I’ll likely stop mainlining PlayStation and rely on their easiest/cheapest options from here on out.

Switch 2 is a must.

14 Jul 2022
United Kingdom
I'm 100% getting the PS5 Pro day one. The Switch 2 I'd like, but that all depends on the build quality and the specs. I haven't been part of the Nintendo ecosystem for a very long time and I'd like to jump back in if the graphics get a decent bump.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Neither one. I need to see my PS5 actually reach its limits before I consider a Pro. Switch 2 I already know is gonna be wack.
With most UE5 running at 720p, I am not sure what limit you're hoping to see. But knowing that you probably play most of these games on PC, a pro shouldn't really matter that much to you.