Do you think Microsoft/Xbox has paid shills? Machinima/XB1 repeat

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
No. every single one is honest and super enthusiastic about the product. if you think otherwise, your are just an Alex Jones.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Paid shill campaigns through third party brand reputation management companies.
Xbox ambassador program.
"Press" pass.
Access journalist
Access influencers
Free gifts, early access to games and news, free lunches and meetings = career advancement opportunities in the soft sense.

All soft corruption.

"Paid" shill is often associated with an exchange of money like a mafia racket of old but these days, and in a gaming context, it does not require that but the above.

Xbox under Phil and Greenberg have established a very successful media/influencer capture program. I think the coverage of the FTC trial for the ABK/MS acquisition has been massively eye opening in this regard.

We don't have a gaming press in gaming. We've an industry shilling press, and specially slanted in MS's favor. Nobody cares except some old farts with no power to change the status quo. Bottomline is that MS is the corrupting source, but it takes two to tango, always.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Paid shill campaigns through third party brand reputation management companies.
Xbox ambassador program.
"Press" pass.
Access journalist
Access influencers
Free gifts, early access to games and news, free lunches and meetings = career advancement opportunities in the soft sense.

All soft corruption.

"Paid" shill is often associated with an exchange of money like a mafia racket of old but these days, and in a gaming context, it does not require that but the above.

Xbox under Phil and Greenberg have established a very successful media/influencer capture program. I think the coverage of the FTC trial for the ABK/MS acquisition has been massively eye opening in this regard.

We don't have a gaming press in gaming. We've an industry shilling press, and specially slanted in MS's favor. Nobody cares except some old farts with no power to change the status quo. Bottomline is that MS is the corrupting source, but it takes two to tango, always.
They have all of that, as well as directly paid on-the-payroll shills

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Timdog is too old to be console warring man c'mon. lol
Many of the craziest Xbox fanboys are ex Sega fanboys in their 50s. 😂 When Sega died they jumped on Xbox because they deluded themselves into thinking "Sony killed Sega" and they've never changed. In a weird way I admire their dedication, but they also need mental help 🤣😂

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Do I think?
MS has been in court before for astroturfing. I don't think it's up for debate, sadly.

Plus there was that celeb/influence woman who was all "fuck Sony cause they never give me free shit, I got 5 XB's back there". That sort of bought-praise is provable already too.

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Do I think?
MS has been in court before for astroturfing. I don't think it's up for debate, sadly.

Plus there was that celeb/influence woman who was all "fuck Sony cause they never give me free shit, I got 5 XB's back there". That sort of bought-praise is provable already too.
I remember her, and the crazy thing is Sony still hired her to do some God of War Ragnarok promotional material. Sony consistently rewards these bad actors, it’s pathetic
It's undeniable at this point. You can't even find ONE pro-Playstation journalist on Twitter.

Chris Dring and Gene Park shouldn't be so obvious because they work for more neutral publications and yet they're completely shameless in their spinning.
You’re right, I can’t think of one but thankfully PlayStation (for the most part) is good enough to stand on its own merits and doesn’t need shills.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

F6f5iGQWAAASQxD

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Remember in late 2020 or 2021 when some journalist or YouTuber literally made up a lie about ps5 hardware and admitted it was a lie because Xbox was getting too much bad press? Who was it?

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Maybe dusk golem? I remember him saying some nonsense about feeling sorry for Xbox or some shit like that.
Yes, he pulled some bullshit about RE8 not being able to even run at 30fps on the PS5 out of his ass.

Later on, he defended his previous tweets by justifying it as something done for the sake of "balance".

It honestly shocks me that people still cite him for anything.