Do you think Microsoft/Xbox has paid shills? Machinima/XB1 repeat

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Remember in late 2020 or 2021 when some journalist or YouTuber literally made up a lie about ps5 hardware and admitted it was a lie because Xbox was getting too much bad press? Who was it?
Yeah it was DuskGolem, he used to be a mod on one of the forums, can't remember if it was Gaf or Reset. He was a "certified insider" 😂😂 he lost his moderator role and then "retired" from being an insider.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yeah it was DuskGolem, he used to be a mod on one of the forums, can't remember if it was Gaf or Reset. He was a "certified insider" 😂😂 he lost his moderator role and then "retired" from being an insider.
That was on resetera iirc

• Informative
Reactions: JAHGamer

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Ha yes I remember it was in regards to re8 not running as well as the Xbox version? They always damage control and deflect.

Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ha yes I remember it was in regards to re8 not running as well as the Xbox version? They always damage control and deflect.
He said the Xbox version was running great and that the PS5 was struggling 😂🤣 and now PS5 has the definitive version of RE Village through PSVR2 😎 Glad that his lies were exposed and he faced some consequences, too bad that can't happen more often with the rest of the Xbox zealots.

9762831349f46d13be21e6de9d691d0f.png

3yiu6f4f7ip51.jpg

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Proof is a fleeting thing, but you can be assured anyone hyping up a console that hasn’t seen a good mainstream exclusive (and that depends on your definition) from when Halo Infinite came out to Starfield, is suspect.

What exactly can one love about a system that is PS5’s rough technical and services equal, but worse in several ways? It has no advantages whatsoever, unless I suppose you really like cloud gaming.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Companies don’t have to do that anymore. X (formerly Twitter) has effectively taken over forums and even YouTube as the premier location for video game discussion. It’s all fake accounts and bots now, pretending to be engaged consumers but are just marketers hawking Xbox nonstop. I point them out because I don’t see it as much with PC, PlayStation, or Nintendo.

It sucks because the space for legitimate discussion about games is becoming smaller and smaller. You have to effectively be a cheerleader for a particular brand in order to gain traction now. You have to be a marketing arm for said company. Microsoft is for sure taking advantage of the landscape by deploying account after account to push a narrative they have rabid fans willing to go at bat for them - in reality it’s just fake accounts.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Afterwards, he quickly made his Xbox profile private and accused the people of exposing him as "toxic"

Parris Lily

I remember that he was called out for something last year or 2 years ago. Can't remember who called him out on Twitter, later Parris also accused people falsely because he was exposed. If someone can find that tweet. Please provide it.

EDIT : It was this one :

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's famous for people going there to commit suicide a dickhead YouTuber went there & filmed someone's dead body hanging from a tree & was laughing about it
Oh it is the "suicide forest" in Kanto, I remembered the video was Ryan Paul or something, I remember some people on forum saying it is fake because the "corpse" does not follow stages of decomposition.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Oh it is the "suicide forest" in Kanto, I remembered the video was Ryan Paul or something, I remember some people on forum saying it is fake because the "corpse" does not follow stages of decomposition.
Jake or Logan Paul dunno which one they're both annoying scumbags But yeah weather the body was fake or not (I've not seen the video myself) it's still a woods where people choose to end their lives & laughing about it is disrespectful af he should've been cancelled but of course he's free from consequences