Do you think Microsoft/Xbox has paid shills? Machinima/XB1 repeat

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Thank you all for voting and commenting more evidence. Had to refer back to this to debunk the "Xbox Tax" bs that's going on. Vast majority of the media is pro Xbox, there is no Xbox tax, but there definitely should be for what they're doing to gaming. Crazy how there are e-mails of Xbox execs saying their intention is to spend Sony out of business and no one bats an eye. Phil says he wants to buy Valve and Nintendo and that he has an insider on Nintendo's board, and yet he's still hailed as "the good guy". He has billions, that he didn't earn, at his disposal and is eyeing over 100 companies for more acquisitions and the media and Xbox fans STILL look at them as the innocent underdog with a massive disadvantage because of "le evil tax" 😑

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They "pay" with access, "leaks", hardware, review codes, trips, etc. Whether they directly pay for undisclosed advertising/PR kinda doesn't matter.

Right, but lots of people do that. Nintendo gave GXP free reign to cut their trailers up for clicks while DMCAing similar channels. And outside of gaming its even more prevalent, to the point of being universal.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Right, but lots of people do that. Nintendo gave GXP free reign to cut their trailers up for clicks while DMCAing similar channels. And outside of gaming its even more prevalent, to the point of being universal.
All of this is conflict of interest, and most of the "enthusiast press" runs on it. These are not journalism outlets, they're PR for the industry. Usually we're fine with it. We don't get mad that gamesite.net gets free games early from the publishers because we also want timely coverage of new games. But this is probably the single most important way publishers keep the press in line, other than ad buys.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Everytime I hear someone complain about a paid shill I just get mad someone is being Paid to console war on the internet. Like dude screw digging holes or working some crappy fast food job where can I sign up for this job? I mean I’m Sure this is a minimum wage job. Why didn’t i hear about this job sooner?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Everytime I hear someone complain about a paid shill I just get mad someone is being Paid to console war on the internet. Like dude screw digging holes or working some crappy fast food job where can I sign up for this job? I mean I’m Sure this is a minimum wage job. Why didn’t i hear about this job sooner?

No amount of money is worth selling your soul !!!

• haha
Reactions: Snes nes

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023

I've noticed a lot of videogame podcast type dudes have wives who make six figures.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
All these paid shills have one thing in common and that's the overt positivity 24/7 projection and fear of saying reasonable criticism. It's annoying as fuck and makes their fakeness is more evident.

Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
All these paid shills have one thing in common and that's the overt positivity 24/7 projection and fear of saying reasonable criticism. It's annoying as fuck and makes their fakeness is more evident.
Man this is Parris Lily and the Kinda Funny crew to a tee, I can't stand those clowns. They're the embodiment of "toxic positivity" and some of the most insufferable pricks in all gaming.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Man this is Parris Lily and the Kinda Funny crew to a tee, I can't stand those clowns. They're the embodiment of "toxic positivity" and some of the most insufferable pricks in all gaming.

Oh, Parris, yes

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I've noticed a lot of videogame podcast type dudes have wives who make six figures.

Oh YouTubers are paid to be fake gamers for sure the real gamers are just random channels on there. It’d be a fun gig But best to do on the side.

No amount of money is worth selling your soul !!!

Depends on the price. Ill have to ask the devil sometime how much he would pay. I daresay it might be interesting 🤔.

• angry
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
God, I cannot stand Austin Evans! Even after all the lies and mocking tweets he made towards Playstation staff, he still gets credit from the community. It's BS...
But anyways, this is all actually well known and documented. There are a few folks that admitted they were paid "Ambassadors".
Same Austin Evans actually used to be a great channel when he was mostly tech focused. Then when he went into gaming content, it was a super steep decline....