Do you think SIE leadership are imcompetent?

SIE competence

• Total voters

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
The world doesn’t revolve around you and your needs only.

I’m personally sick of most Nintendo games cause it’s the same shit on a different day.

Doesn’t mean they should stop making those games cause millions still want to play them.
So who are you on here advocating on behalf of? The subset of fanatics who have no problem unhinging their jaw so Sony’s upper brass can defecate into their mouths directly?

I would like to believe most people don’t want the same game thrice.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
So who are you on here advocating on behalf of? The subset of fanatics who have no problem unhinging their jaw so Sony’s upper brass can defecate into their mouths directly?

I would like to believe most people don’t want the same game thrice.

Why would Sony a billion dollar company cater to the needs of a small handful of niche intrrnet forum users like you?

Reactions: Muddasar

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Why would Sony a billion dollar company cater to the needs of a small handful of niche intrrnet forum users like you?
This logic has been floated on here multiple times and I still don’t understand the reasoning. Are you saying my opinion matters less because I frequent an enthusiast website? Are the masses lower than me in their ability to discern what is and isn’t worthwhile for a sequel?

Again, all I’m asking for is not the same game three times because that approach helps Sony’s bottom line. As a consumer I’m not supposed to be interested in what’s easier for a corporation to shovel out.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This logic has been floated on here multiple times and I still don’t understand the reasoning. Are you saying my opinion matters less because I frequent an enthusiast website? Are the masses lower than me in their ability to discern what is and isn’t worthwhile for a sequel?

Again, all I’m asking for is not the same game three times because that approach helps Sony’s bottom line. As a consumer I’m not supposed to be interested in what’s easier for a corporation to shovel out.

Spider-Man 2 is gonna break every Sony 1st Party sales record.

So yes it is worth it. I hope Sony continues making Spiderman sequels.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of Marvel and sandbox games.

Don’t like a game it’s fine. Don’t buy or play it.

But saying Sony shouldn’t make a particular game which you personally don’t like even if it will sell millions is self-centred.

Sony are a business not a charity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo and Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Sony is making billions, millions of people buy and enjoy these games wether people like you, like it or not.

Sony is not going to make a sequel to some obscure hentai game that you want, they will make games that sell like spiderman and marathon

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Only Sony games gets criticised for having sequel. Meanwhile clowns are hyping the next cod, elder scrolls halo, gears, doom, forza, and whatever 10th entry if a popular franchise. Bunch of hypocrites. Bo fucking Shame whatsoever

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony is making billions, millions of people buy and enjoy these games wether people like you, like it or not.

Sony is not going to make a sequel to some obscure hentai game that you want, they will make games that sell like spiderman and marathon
I'm personally devastated by this news

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Turns out that blue rats are also a thing sadly. Jim Ryan bootlickers are even more impressive than Phil Spencer cultists.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its hard to imagine how they could be any more competent than they already are

The only real criticisms people here can even argue is that they haven’t rubbed their AAAA single player bellies yet

Reactions: Box and EDMIX

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I see you conveniently ignored my comment on the first page....
It was so stupid that I considered it wasn't worth it, and I already wasted enough time with you debunking most of the flaearther topics mentioned there.

But well, if you insist I'll remind you that they didn't shut down Japan Studio but instead they restructured it changing their management and splitting it into two offices:
  • Team Asobi: they merged all the Japan Studio internal development teams into one of them, Team Asobi (which already had many team members from Team Ico or Team Gravity etc), and refounded it as studio that now is growing. They are working on a 3D platformer bigger than the previous Team Asobi games.
  • XDev Japanese team: they branched out the Japan Studio 2nd party publishing team, the one who published games like Death Stranding or Bloodborne, to a different office that now will be part of the global XDEV team and no longer will report to a local gamedev studio, and now instead of publishing only the 2nd party games of their country they'll handle the 2nd party Asian game publishing (before they only published Japanese games). So with this move they are only repeating exactly the same what the XDEV teams from EU and USA did before. After branching out they published Death Stranding Director's Cut and announced Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, RAN: Lost Islands, Exiledge, AI-Limit, Daba: Land of Water, Dark Star, The Wind Rising, The God Slayer, Awaken: Astral Blade, Will-less or Evotiction.
These are a ton of games to be shut down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
historia

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
It was so stupid that I considered it wasn't worth it, and I already wasted enough time with you debunking most of the flaearther topics mentioned there.

But well, if you insist I'll remind you that they didn't shut down Japan Studio but instead they restructured it changing their management and splitting it into two offices:
  • Team Asobi: they merged all the Japan Studio internal development teams into one of them, Team Asobi (which already had many team members from Team Ico or Team Gravity etc), and refounded it as studio that now is growing. They are working on a 3D platformer bigger than the previous Team Asobi games.
  • XDev Japanese team: they branched out the Japan Studio 2nd party publishing team, the one who published games like Death Stranding or Bloodborne, to a different office that now will be part of the global XDEV team and no longer will report to a local gamedev studio, and now instead of publishing only the 2nd party games of their country they'll handle the 2nd party Asian game publishing (before they only published Japanese games). So they are repeating what the XDEV teams from EU and USA did before. After branching out they published Death Stranding Director's Cut and announced Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, RAN: Lost Islands, Exiledge, AI-Limit, Daba: Land of Water, Dark Star, The Wind Rising, The God Slayer, Awaken: Astral Blade, Will-less or Evotiction.
To be fair saying JapanStudio got cannes is not really far fetched imo, Ueda, the main director also leaves. But it is fair, since The Last Guardian has a inflating budget and turn out disappointing, Gravity Daze and PocoPoco never really takes off Vita.

Actually Japan Studio kinda already show its efficiency since PS3 era, and when they moved on to PS4 era they turned into support studio.

It is better for Sony to just publish small 2nd party projects that has potential than just use internal team. Also Sony could find replacement for smaller games output, maybe Square Enix? Make use of CBU3? Put those games on subscription service day one for streaming and keep publishing on Nintendo handheld platforms

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

• XDev Japanese team: they branched out the Japan Studio 2nd party publishing team, the one who published games like Death Stranding or Bloodborne, to a different office that now will be part of the global XDEV team and no longer will report to a local gamedev studio, and now instead of publishing only the 2nd party games of their country they'll handle the 2nd party Asian game publishing (before they only published Japanese games). So they are repeating what the XDEV teams from EU and USA did before. After branching out they published Death Stranding Director's Cut and announced Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, Death Stranding 2, Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, RAN: Lost Islands, Exiledge, AI-Limit, Daba: Land of Water, Dark Star, The Wind Rising, The God Slayer, Awaken: Astral Blade, Will-less or Evotiction.
I wrote a few paragraphs and this dude could only respond to the last sentence 🤣 thank you for proving my point !!!

If it was as stupid as you say it was then you would be able to address more than a single sentence, but you can't because you know I'm right but refuse to admit it.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Don't worry, the real showcase is coming.
I see Sony tidying up the edges overall such as interplay of IP for media etc, but it's very slow to do so, or to react to gaming-centric evolutions.

Overall the feeling is one of apathy/cautious optimism in face of missed opportunities/mistakes that we do see. Don't tell me Sony's fine, and handwave-away things like TLOU Online development issues etc.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Aren't you the same guy who cried after the Sony showcase claiming it was the "end of Sony"
I just said it fucking sucked because it did, enjoy Fairgame$, Concord and Marathon, I sure won't.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't like the direction Sony went since uncharted 2 but sure as hell they are not incompetent on home consoles. The early PS3 era burned all their operating margins from the other 2 generations while their operating margins soared on the ps4/PS5 era.

Reactions: Box