Do you think SIE leadership are imcompetent?

SIE competence

• Total voters

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Lies, they have many exclusive games announced for this or next year. Or as TBA but that several of them will be released next year. Plus unannounced games that will be released next year.

What first party exclusives are announced for next year?
Very recently in the span of a around year released HFW, GT7, MLB, TLOUP1, GoWR or Horizon CoM, plus like half a dozen PC ports plus like a dozen emulated classics, released PSVR2 and the big PS+ overhaul. Plus they also had many great 3rd party games, both AAA and indie, released with different types of exclusivity deals. If you don't see a big output there you have serious issues accepting reality.

If you consider the last 10 years, they released loads of games. I was talking this year. 1 first party exclusive releasing at the end of the year. That's it.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

The same amount from nintendo and microsoft

Sony aren’t any more secretive than the rest of the industry. Nintendo doesn’t have any dated games for 2024, just allusion to the Peach game. Microsoft have Avowed and Hellblade with no dates.

Sony has Concord dated for 2024 and Rise of The Ronin.

And we have two first party games releasing the 2nd half of this year, Spider-Man 2 and Helldivers 2, just like the two other platform holders

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
They got a brand that was growing. They managed to acquire a few small studios whose job so far has been to release fuck all. They also managed to come up with the worst idea ever for a portable device. From a games perspective, this year:

1 DLC
1 First Party SP game

That's it. That's their amazing work. 1 DLC and 1 full game. For a company that has so many games being worked on, they sure fucked up. They stuck Naughty Dog on a live service game, are having guerrilla do the same, and eventually SSM will follow suit.

Jimmy grabbed a well oiled machine and within 4 years managed to fuck the oil pipeline. 2 or 3 more years and you'll be eating live service games and more.PC ports while their competition, incompetent or not, will start releasing games.

But I guess selling many consoles beats actually releasing the product people want.
"They stuck Naughty Dog on a live service game"

You mean the live service game Neill CHOSE to make into a live service game as opposed to just a multiplayer mode for TLOU II?
Guerrilla has also been planning a Horizon MP spinoff and are also working on Horizon 3, which is SP. Same with ND, who are working on a SP title. Turns out every studio having 2-3 teams means multiple projects can be worked on at once, who knew?

Were you this much of a doomer in 2015 when almost no PS First Party dropped? Calling for Andrew House to be removed? Saying he was incompetent? Declaring he'd murdered the brand?

Good grief.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony put out an entire line of hardware with a first party exclusive attached to it this year.

• Horizon Call of The Mountain
  • MLB The Show 23’
  • Horizon Burning Shores
  • Destiny 2: Lightfall
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Helldivers 2
A VR game, a Sports title, a AAA DLC Expansion, a Multiplayer expansion, AAA Single Player game, AAA Multipler game.

Which all these games have an 80 and above on MC. If thats a terrible year for Sony than they are still winning. The only other publisher with a higher output is Nintendo.

And unlike the other two platforms sony hasn’t put out a complete stinker this year

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sony put out an entire line of hardware with a first party exclusive attached to it this year.

• MLB The Show 23’
  • Horizon Burning Shores
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Helldivers 2
A VR game, a Sports title, a AAA DLC Expansion, a Multiplayer expansion, AAA Single Player game, AAA Multipler game.

Which all these games have an 80 and above on MC. If thats a terrible year for Sony than they are still winning. The only other publisher with a higher output is Nintendo.

And unlike the other two platforms sony hasn’t put out a complete stinker this year

Firewall Ultra is releasing next month too.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
First the GAAS shit

Now they could potentially losing out some important partners.

Meanwhile Sony just sit their idly and do nothing. Do you think SIE right now are competent enough, or we need to bring people like Andrew House, Kaz Hirai back?
Losing out on what important partners? Also this omg gaas is terrible nonsense really needs to stop. Gaas makes Sony billions of dollars a year. The reason ps has gone crazy with 200mil + budgets for their single player games is because gaas 3rd prty gaas brings in so much revenue.
Sit their hands? Record breaking revenue, record breaking investment in first prty, best hardware sales since the ps2 era, doubling the size of SIE, expand on pc which is helping generate billions in gaming revenue, more first prty exclusive in development than ever before in ps history, more money into first prty r&d, more new ip than ever before in ps history. Exploring partnerships in China and South Korea. You have no idea what u are talking about. PS leadership has never been stronger. U can’t back anything you’ve actual said with facts. Just about by every metric ps leadership is killing it.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Jim out!

But give him a huge golden parachute.
If not incompetent, at least too silent, they could share a bit more about their plans for the future and new partnerships
we know about a ton of what plans has planned for the future which they careful outline several times a yr
It's not about that. I don't have Twitter and the only sites I visit are this one and occasionally reddit these days. But I do follow gaming news and I see no presence from Sony. They're not engaging with their core fanbase at all.

Sony's job isn't to reply to shill posts but it should be their job to at least take care of their reputation. Here's a perfect example of the sheer incompetence of their marketing department.

The CMOS battery issue was a big deal. It was on every gaming media site and was presented as a very bad thing. And it was. Sony was rightfully bashed. Fast forward a few weeks and they actually fixed that issue. That was a major thing. Guess what. No official statement, no media presence. They let their reputation go down and when they had a chance to repair some of it, they did nothing. That's PR 101. It was a free PR move and they didn't take it. Any company would use it to

If you consider the last 10 years, they released loads of games. I was talking this year. 1 first party exclusive releasing at the end of the year. That's it.
Between now and next year ps published games that are coming are stellar blade, rise of ronin, hell divers2, spiderman2, Wolverine, concord. Seems like a solid line up to me

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
ABK, Bethesda
what exactly would u have liked ps to have done about abk and Bethesda? And anyone crying of the loss of those to trash hole publishers aren’t ps fans. Bethesda has had a hit game in years and all abk offers is the same gaas sht u am we’re crying about.
You: ps is bad for doing gaas.
Also you: ps is bad for losing access to a bunch of 3rd party gaas sht!
Lol I can’t with some of u ppl your arguments are so disingenuous and basically just concern trolling. Dude just stop

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Oh wait Ryan tried porting exclusives to PC. Easily the worst decision of any SIE CEO. PCs should never be used for gaming and encouraging it is akin to the worst crimes imaginable.
U are either trolling or this is one of the worse gaming takes I’ve ever seen. The pc install base is larger than console and Sony has had a presence on pc for decades before it started porting it’s console games their. Sony made 2.5bil off of pc gaming in their last fiscal year that’s enough to fund 12 $200mil + games. PS games only cost a few million to port and they all pretty much will make respectable profit on pc.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

• MLB The Show 23’
  • Horizon Burning Shores
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Helldivers 2

"Do Not Underestimate The Power of PlayStation."
"Greatness awaits"
"This is 4 the Players"
"Best place to play"

"80 and above"

Reactions: JAHGamer

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
U are either trolling or this is one of the worse gaming takes I’ve ever seen. The pc install base is larger than console and Sony has had a presence on pc for decades before it started porting it’s console games their. Sony made 2.5bil off of pc gaming in their last fiscal year that’s enough to fund 12 $200mil + games. PS games only cost a few million to port and they all pretty much will make respectable profit on pc.
PCs are for spreadsheets, kiddo. Anyone using them for gaming is a chump, and devaluing your exclusive walled garden by porting its fruits elsewhere for chump change is big a chump move.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
PCs are for spreadsheets, kiddo. Anyone using them for gaming is a chump, and devaluing your exclusive walled garden by porting its fruits elsewhere for chump change is big a chump move.
Ah ok you r just trolling also Kiddo? I’ve been gaming for 3 half decades I’m old I’m hardly a kid

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Ah ok you r just trolling also Kiddo? I’ve been gaming for 3 half decades I’m old I’m hardly a kid
'ANyoNe wHo DisAGreeS wItH mE iS TroLLiNg'

People have shown PC owners way too much attention since the PS4 and it needs to stop. The level of entitlement and pure cringe to come out of that - I hesitate to say fanbase, because no one could be genuinely enthused by the next Windows release - assortment of knaves over the last decade has been awful. Garbage like PC Master race when not even half of them have a superior GPU to the PS5 and even fewer an SSD.

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

Uh, no they didn't? They made something like $200 million, not $2.5 billion, from the PC gaming side.

Which was $50 million less than projected. So they barely made enough for one AAA 1P game off the PC revenue this previous fiscal year.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Uh, no they didn't? They made something like $200 million, not $2.5 billion, from the PC gaming side.

Which was $50 million less than projected. So they barely made enough for one AAA 1P game off the PC revenue this previous fiscal year.
And likely not all of it is profit.
Do you know if that revenue includes Bungie?

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Another laughable spam thread of nonsensical and childish hate.

The facts say the total opposite: they are super successful and that every year they break gaming history records, the opposite of being incompetent.

This thread should be merged with the 200 other threads about the same topic.
Rant board / Rant OT, and nobody get their bitch baby feelings hurt by each other, nor risk a ban inside the Rant area....

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
"They stuck Naughty Dog on a live service game"

You mean the live service game Neill CHOSE to make into a live service game as opposed to just a multiplayer mode for TLOU II?
Guerrilla has also been planning a Horizon MP spinoff and are also working on Horizon 3, which is SP. Same with ND, who are working on a SP title. Turns out every studio having 2-3 teams means multiple projects can be worked on at once, who knew?

Were you this much of a doomer in 2015 when almost no PS First Party dropped? Calling for Andrew House to be removed? Saying he was incompetent? Declaring he'd murdered the brand?

Good grief.
I don't believe that's a fair point about aggressiveness for house. During the house/boise/gio corsea/shu/tretron and/or layden time overlaps (shiiit I think I botched everyone's name accept house, even b4 autocorrect just killed some of them), we saw business dealings with Disney to long lost lucasarts games, or co-developing/financing/doing port jobs for Capcom fighters.

Today's Sony feels infinitely less quick to react, and focused in the wrong areas, compared with House era overall. And I say that whilst being the guy who usually bemoans the relationship loss of say SuperMassive or RAD back then etc.