Do you think SIE leadership are imcompetent?

SIE competence

• Total voters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
U are either trolling or this is one of the worse gaming takes I’ve ever seen. The pc install base is larger than console and Sony has had a presence on pc for decades before it started porting it’s console games their. Sony made 2.5bil off of pc gaming in their last fiscal year that’s enough to fund 12 $200mil + games. PS games only cost a few million to port and they all pretty much will make respectable profit on pc.
Me when I lie -> 🤣
Uh, no they didn't? They made something like $200 million, not $2.5 billion, from the PC gaming side.

Which was $50 million less than projected. So they barely made enough for one AAA 1P game off the PC revenue this previous fiscal year.
These guys live in a different universe

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Another laughable spam thread of nonsensical and childish hate.

The facts say the total opposite: they are super successful and that every year they break gaming history records, the opposite of being incompetent.

This thread should be merged with the 200 other threads about the same topic.
The facts say that PS is slowly becoming another Xbox, if thats what you like then more power to you. But real PlayStation fans don't cosign Jim/Hermens nonsense!

DewPoint

17 Jul 2022
If you guys think the leadership right now is incompetent, you weren't there during the PS3 gen. That gen was pure incompetence out the fucking gate.

Reactions: Loy310

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
If you guys think the leadership right now is incompetent, you weren't there during the PS3 gen. That gen was pure incompetence out the fucking gate.
Yeah, and some people swear on Kaz, dude greenlit the PS3 and its insane price.

The best president and ceo in SCE/SIE history is Andrew House, recruited Cerny, greenlit PS4, built the brand back up and the rest is history.

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
The fact that this thread exists and at the time of this posting, 41% voted for: "They are pure incompetent. Jim Out. Hurst Out.",
makes me slightly concerned about this forum......lol
It’s filled with a lot of 🤡 posting anti ps sht who can’t even articulate what they are actually angry about

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony aren’t any more secretive than the rest of the industry. Nintendo doesn’t have any dated games for 2024, just allusion to the Peach game. Microsoft have Avowed and Hellblade with no dates.

Sony has Concord dated for 2024 and Rise of The Ronin.

And we have two first party games releasing the 2nd half of this year, Spider-Man 2 and Helldivers 2, just like the two other platform holders
In another 'playstation is doomed, Jimbo and Hermen are evil thread' tinfoil hat thread I listed the announced/publicly mentioned non-GaaS and GaaS Sony games that I remember.

Sony also has Firewall Ultra (August), Helldivers 2 (2023) plus over a dozen China Hero Project games that will be published by Sony (I didn't check out which was their release date). Sony also has several games as TBA which could be released in 2024 such as Wolverine, Death Stranding 2 or Marathon.

The best president and ceo in SCE/SIE history is Andrew House, recruited Cerny, greenlit PS4, built the brand back up and the rest is history.
Cerny doesn't work at Sony. Since the PS1 he has been an external consultor and advisor working from his own company doing many different things, but mostly supporting basically all 1st and 2nd party gamedevs teams regarding tech, game engine and libraries/tools stuff, getting feedback from devs or doing research and prototyping future hardware.

In the case of PS4, PS5 and Vita he also designed their hardware following the feedback he got from the dev teams.

House was co-CEO of SIE from 2009 to 2011 and CEO from there until 2017. PSP was announced in E3 2011 and PS4 in 2013, and pretty likely were years under development before that. Maybe they weren't greenlighted by him.

Last edited:

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah lol it was bad. I wonder how some folks would handle/handled what went on that gen early on.

Some of those bad decisions cost them 100s of millions if not billions, heck there was serious concern at one point of PS would even survive.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They made 2.5 billion from pc genius I’m not just talking about the ports

No really PlayStation games on pc are making 100s of billions a year
No they didn't, not even close. What you're referencing is this BS article written by an Xbox fanboy, It said PC gaming was a PART of a segment called "OTHER" that generated 2.5 billion dollars. Of that 2.5 billion, PC only contributed 250 million..... The clickbait article made it seem like PC was a bulk of that revenue when it was barely 10%; and it's less than 1% of PlayStation revenue as a whole.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yeah lol it was bad. I wonder how some folks would handle/handled what went on that gen early on.

Some of those bad decisions cost them 100s of millions if not billions, heck there was serious concern at one point of PS would even survive.
PS3 WAS NEVER BAD.....yes the ps3 was expensive, but that was the literally the only issue and it was solved quickly. You guys need to stop with the revisionist history, that was the last time PlayStation really felt like PLAYSTATION. PS4 generation was amazing but it didn't have that PlayStation magic that the PS3 had, relied too heavily on 3rd party and we didn't get as many high quality AA exclusives as we should've.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The fact that this thread exists and at the time of this posting, 41% voted for: "They are pure incompetent. Jim Out. Hurst Out.",
makes me slightly concerned about this forum......lol
I agree, it should be 100% voting YES. Anyone that likes Jim/Hermen should just go become an Xbox fanboy since that's what they seem to be championing. Live service, PC, cloud, mobile, and subscription services........

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
PS3 WAS NEVER BAD.....yes the ps3 was expensive, but that was the literally the only issue and it was solved quickly. You guys need to stop with the revisionist history, that was the last time PlayStation really felt like PLAYSTATION. PS4 generation was amazing but it didn't have that PlayStation magic that the PS3 had, relied too heavily on 3rd party and we didn't get as many high quality AA exclusives as we should've.
Lol price was not the only issue.

PSN was way behind xbox, we had to use a dinky browser to buy shit early on psn.

Multiple devs went on record complaining about how hard it was to develop for the ps3, we ended up getting alot of inferior ports and some games didn't even show up until later.

Not only that they had some stinkers early on like haze and lair, whoever signed those games off must have been smoking something.

Eventually they got them selves out of the mess, but playstation has never been in a low position then early on in the ps3 gen.

I'm sure everyone has their to reasons to criticize jim ryan but the transition from ps4 to ps5 was one area he did masterfully. People understimate how difficult it can be handling the transitioning across gens, nintendo made a mess of it many times, sony with the ps2 -> ps3 and xbox with the xbox 360 -> xbox one.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think they are incompetent. I think they are a bit over confident and arrogant.

They are still the leaders though. Some people can only see the short mid term. The long term won't be be easy for SIE if they continue their current strategy.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No they didn't, not even close. What you're referencing is this BS article written by an Xbox fanboy, It said PC gaming was a PART of a segment called "OTHER" that generated 2.5 billion dollars. Of that 2.5 billion, PC only contributed 250 million..... The clickbait article made it seem like PC was a bulk of that revenue when it was barely 10%; and it's less than 1% of PlayStation revenue as a whole.
and from 250M, most was made by Destiny 😂

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Well yeah I figured that hence my follow troll comments about them making 100s of billions

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Given that they had to acquire entire studios and make changes to pretty much every one of their studios so that they had to learn how to support PC and all the complications that come with it the results are just laughable.

It's very suspicious that the same people that just the other day were pointing out how advantageous it was for SE to develop only a single version of FFXVI are now saying that supporting PC is "free money".

Another narrative that PC ports destroy is the one about the Series S holding back games when these PlayStation ports actually run in inferior hardware to what the Series S has.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
I agree, it should be 100% voting YES. Anyone that likes Jim/Hermen should just go become an Xbox fanboy since that's what they seem to be championing. Live service, PC, cloud, mobile, and subscription services........

I'm not saying what you think I am.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony is mostly lucky that Xbox has sucked so much for so long. We are a long way from late PS3 and early PS4 PlayStation where they were clearly making all the right calls.