Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So Dragon's Dogma 2 literally has pay 2 win microtransactions and yet not a peep from the media, yet they all tried to push the "Helldivers is p2w" narrative before it got too popular for them to neg?

Fuck the gaming media.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Let's pretend like games aren't moving forward.
Reading the article, it is clear why some things are extremely rare, just to push micro transaction. It is SP game for 70$ not free to play.
Now we know why all these anti gamer function exist, just to frustrate and waste time of the player, to players spend the money.
All those game design decisions are from the original game. They're not there to nickle and dime you. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you don't want to pay, don't.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
So Dragon's Dogma 2 literally has pay 2 win microtransactions and yet not a peep from the media, yet they all tried to push the "Helldivers is p2w" narrative before it got too popular for them to neg?

Fuck the gaming media.
So does Resident Evil 4 remake by your definition? I didn't see anyone complaining then either.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022

Fuck the gaming media.
Looks like some picking up on it and weren't told about them during the review week:

Indeed. Much of the Windows Central team (yours truly included) has had early access to Dragon's Dogma 2 for quite some time now, and we're in love with its incredible combat systems and rich fantasy world (read our Dragon's Dogma 2 review for more on that; the team wasn't made aware of the microtransactions beforehand). But I'd be lying if I said these microtransactions haven't dampened some of our writers' enthusiasm for the game, especially since a handful of them are particularly egregious.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
its the correct version to play because the performance is ass on consoles. thats why the score is lower on the ps5 version.
I've got a 4090 and the performance on PC is ass aswell. It's Elden Ring all over again.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
All those game design decisions are from the original game. They're not there to nickle and dime you. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you don't want to pay, don't.
Screenshot_20240322-051302_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Dogma 2 kinda mid. Not really impressed by it yet. Npcs are flat, voice acting meh, no swimming in a open world fantasy world, just a hard focus on combat and creatures etc. The rpg elements are all third class.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Reactions: Hezekiah

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I shall rename this game Dragon's Dough-ma 2.

Steam's comments are hilarious:

Hey Capcom,

You can purchase a "good review DLC" for $1.99.
Microtransactions in a single player game

Can't delete save data/ start a new game if you mess up your character during creation either.
The game is also linked to their cloud servers. $1.99 to change what you look like. Let that set in. two dollars. to change your appearance. something that should be free and has zero impact on Capcom. Two dollars.

This one is just absolutely fantastic and highlights the anti-consumer practices:
Pay-to-Win Items
Portcrystal - Warp Location Marker
  • Obtain a Portcrystal, which can be set at a destination of your choice. Use a Ferrystone to instantly transport your party to the Portcrystal's location.
Wakestone - Restore the dead to life!
  • Gain one Wakestone, a stone ensorceled with miraculous magick. Formed of Wakestone shards, it holds the power to restore the dead to life once.
[X] Rift Crystals - Points to Spend Beyond the Rift
  • Gain [X] rift crystals, which can be used to hire pawns or purchase special items.
Unable to Create Another Character
  • There is no option in game to start again or delete the current save file.
  • Once you create a character, you are stuck with your created character and must purchase Art of Metamorphosis - Character Editor to change it.
  • I looked online for ways to delete save files on PC, but I was unable to delete Cloud Saves from logging into Steam on a browser.
  • After deleting a save file on your PC, the Cloud Save will replace the deleted save file.

Imagine defending these practices with a straight face.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
WTF pay to edit your character? Nahhh if this is true I'm not buying this shit foh. I would never support some shit like tht. Thts upper level of bs, greed and fuck you to fans. I'll get this shit bargain bin $20.
you can, but it is extremely rare. it is possible that you never find Art of Metamorphosis. while technically you can find one, doesn't mean you find one and devs knows this. so, mtx it is.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
WTF pay to edit your character? Nahhh if this is true I'm not buying this shit foh. I would never support some shit like tht. Thts upper level of bs, greed and fuck you to fans. I'll get this shit bargain bin $20.

you can, but it is extremely rare. it is possible that you never find Art of Metamorphosis. while technically you can find one, doesn't mean you find one and devs knows this. so, mtx it is.

Actually you can get the item with a seller later in the game

here-is-why-just-dont-buy-it-is-not-a-valid-argument-they-v0-v12x2hnnpvpc1.png

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Thnks.

Last edited: