Dragon's Dogma 2 Review and |OT| "If victory is elusive, seek new allies".

What do you think will be it's metacritic average?

• Total voters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Thank you for using common sense. This would be bad if the game was designed around mtx ala gatcha. This game is not that, end of discussion. It would be Jez Corden that spreads this FUD around. it's all people like him do, stir the pot.
Mtx in a full priced game, "not that bad"... gamers deserve everything coming to them

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Are you being forced to buy MTX? People want a reason to be mad about everything. You have to go out of your way to even want to spend money MTX in the game.
Or devs could just not include them, ever thought about that

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
That makes it better how?
Because they gave me 3 excellent RE remakes, a fantastic new Devil may cry, and two quality monster hunter games, and SFVI.

Do you genuinely think the devs, and the corporate suits who FUND the game( and want money back and then some) consists of the same group of people?

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sad. They make the best game this year and then they apologize because people have some whiny bitchy imaginary problems. These are fake gamers.
Just play the game
Is the poor performance even on the highest end systems also imaginary?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yes devs could not but devs will in this day and age. However the uproar is silly in my eyes. The MTX does not take away from the game, everyone has the same experience whether you buy MTX or not.

The game is a complete package.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
So what exactly is going on with this game because it's got 15,000 reviews now on Steam and it's only sitting at 40%.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Are people forced to buy the microtransactions?

You do realise these microtransactions are for you cuckold effeminate men who complain about everything like women.

The game was made difficult for a reason, but developers understand that you low testosterone men have issues with toughness these days so to make things easier for you they added these cheat options that are payable. I don't see the problem.

50 Cent Smh GIF
You can't start a new character, and you can't delete said character?

+ Do I need to pay money for an item to be able to do this in a single-player game?

This is fundamentally broken at a deep design level unless the creator intended to milk people for extra cash on purpose.

More people should be up in arms about this kind of practice, it's not welcome in games, especially games you pay full price for.

And stop with the low testosterone nonsense; what are you, a caveman?

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

+ Do I need to pay money for an item to be able to do this in a single-player game?

This is fundamentally broken at a deep design level unless the creator intended to milk people for extra cash on purpose.

More people should be up in arms about this kind of practice, it's not welcome in games, especially games you pay full price for.

they were clearly hoping to cash in on people making a new character or restarting the game instead of goin in and deleting the save.
Small sin if you ask me and just lame. nothing more.
you can alter your character with an item in-game for free. but to start a new game you have to remove your save or something. Not sure myself yet.
just lame "maybe we can get 2$ out of some fools" which of course they would want to I guess.
But realistically for the players like us, it's a limited inconvenience at most

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
they were clearly hoping to cash in on people making a new character or restarting the game instead of goin in and deleting the save.
you can alter your character with an item in-game for free. but to start a new game you have to remove your save or something. Not sure myself yet.
just lame "maybe we can get 2$ out of some fools" which of course they would want to I guess.
i really hate it when people try to nickle and dime us, they are making millions already from the game, just do the right thing dammit.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Yeah I been seeing this on reddit wtf. They are purposely limiting shit even if you can maybe get things another way. This shit is coniving and sets a bad precedent.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
people who tried it, said that you can't remove save file, you delete it and it re-downloads itself. there is also no New Game after you started the game.
there is missions which are barely explained and you easily fail them. there is even one mission where you have to carry a vase for long distance, and if you break it somehow, or enemies attack you, you fail the whole mission, which is tied to trophy, so goodbye platinum.

people talking about exploration, yet, you can't even explore properly, because if you kill enemy which you suppose not to, 20h later there could be a quest which you failed while you didn't know about in the first place.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Yeah I been seeing this on reddit wtf. They are purposely limiting shit even if you can maybe get things another way. This shit is coniving and sets a bad precedent.
I hate this too but dragons dogma 2 should get a free pass... i mean do not support the mtx but don't burrow the game for it. it's a good game.
people who tried it, said that you can't remove save file, you delete it and it re-downloads itself. there is also no New Game after you started the game.
there is missions which are barely explained and you easily fail them. there is even one mission where you have to carry a vase for long distance, and if you break it somehow, or enemies attack you, you fail the whole mission, which is tied to trophy, so goodbye platinum.

people talking about exploration, yet, you can't even explore properly, because if you kill enemy which you suppose not to, 20h later there could be a quest which you failed while you didn't know about in the first place.
It's steam cloud. Just disable it.
Stupid fucking hassle because they wanted us to pay 2$.

btw. Is that 1 time new game or does it unlock new game option or something ?

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I hate this too but dragons dogma 2 should get a free pass... i mean do not support the mtx but don't burrow the game for it. it's a good game.

According to that review, even going offline won't fix it.

• Surprised
Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Alot of this shit be publishers pushing and not devs so yeah maybe. It's a messed up situation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: rofif