Eurogamer Spec Analysis: PlayStation 5 Pro - the most powerful console yet |UP| 4/1 How Did Sony Beat Microsoft In Machine Learning For Consoles?

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
You've posted a chart for native 4k. The console will be a reconstructed 4k.
So then not 4K

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

That reconstructed crap gets thrown around too commonly with the terminology of 4K without a heap of asterisks attached to it.

Straight out of the Phil Spencer playback of "True 4K" lmao.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So then not 4K

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

That reconstructed crap gets thrown around too commonly with the terminology of 4K without a heap of asterisks attached to it.

Games are all smoke and mirrors. Realtime rendering pulls all manner of tricks. And in this year of our lord - that also applies to native pixel counts. They lack relevance apart from benchmarking, the visual end result is what matters in the real world.

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
Games are all smoke and mirrors. Realtime rendering pulls all manner of tricks. And in this year of our lord - that also applies to native pixel counts. They lack relevance apart from benchmarking, the visual end result is what matters in the real world.
Well where I reside (the real world) truthful information matters.

Reconstructed 4K =/= 4K and too many people are recklessly trying to blur the lines as if they don't require delineation.

Hardware rendering a scene at 4K 120 FPS is impressive, hardware rendering 1080p with 4x reconstruction at 120 FPS is not.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Reconstructed 4K =/= 4K
You'd play the game native 4k on 4090 at sub 60 -or- reconstruct the 4k for much better performance and/or higher visual settings?

Why are you arguing such a futile point - no a mass market console will not beat a 4090 head to head in case that is your point.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
But it's not 3x. Dual issue has to be specifically accounted for and it won't. Using proper math, it's a 62% ISH percentage increase in "raw power", which matters fuck all because bandwidth has not increased 62%. I'm much more interested in knowing how big each cache is, type of caches, and their upscaling technique.

It's still 16.74TF no matter how much you squirm, just because people want to buy I to marketing bullshit it doesn't matter.
Never read a thing about a dual issue till here today lolz

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. You guys are trailing off into a land of fantasy and it's going to bite you in the rear.

As mentioned before how did AMD RPM pan out for games? Oh yeah, that was in the PS4 Pro marketing buzz and would you look at that...

Nothing.

You're getting a $500-$600 box, understand where that resides and stop trying to rationalize your way to it being a 4090 competitor, it's ridiculous.
The insecurities are real :ROFLMAO:

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
You'd play the game native 4k on 4090 at sub 60 -or- reconstruct the 4k for much better performance and/or higher visual settings?

Why are you arguing such a futile point - no a mass market console will not beat a 4090 head to head in case that is your point.
All the time on PC. They make excuses but fake is fake.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

Reconstructed 4K =/= 4K and too many people are recklessly trying to blur the lines as if they don't require delineation.

Hardware rendering a scene at 4K 120 FPS is impressive, hardware rendering 1080p with 4x reconstruction at 120 FPS is not.
depending on how good the reconstruction is, 1080p reconstructed to 4k could be pretty impressive

24 Jun 2022

"Where you reside" is a Redmond campus having rooftop parties in office spaces doing cartwheels for Developer Directs.

Most likely 😉

• haha
Reactions: panda-zebra

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So then not 4K

Roll_Safe_meme.jpg

What are you talking about? Reconstructed 4k is still 4k, just like heavily compressed 4k video is still 4k.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
I hope this thing is a beast just to see the pcmr crowd squirm. A few if them here already are.
Sure are lmao!

The attacks on the new PlayStation made AI upscaling tech is hilarious especially when everyone of them uses DLSS on PC.

The tech is intriguing for tech enthusiasts like myself.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Those reckless internet rapscallions! Sweet Liberty, whoever might stop them?!
Thanks for taking the time out from your busy schedule crammed with all that 4090/5K HMD/Blender design/Unity dev action to grace us with yet more astute observations...

Also, this you?
The current one [ps5] seems fine to me, with the introduction of things like FSR3 and the like I really don't see the point.
It's simple really, rendering technologies such as DLSS and FSR have started to become so good that the traditional native resolutions don't need to be even remotely targeted anymore.

You can get near native render quality for half the rendering cost
giphy.gif

So to recap...ps5 base is "fine", there's "no point" to a Pro because current image reconstruction techniques are already good enough and systems can get near native render quality for half the rendering cost, but a day later when you want to win an argument on the internet it's all "reconstructed crap"...

For someone who resides in "the real world", apparently a place "where truthful information matters" you seem to be troubled with some level of internal conflict and selective truth depending upon who you're currently bickering with.

Your whole MO looks more sus by the day. By the post.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Those reckless internet rapscallions! Sweet Liberty, whoever might stop them?!

Thanks for taking the time out from your busy schedule crammed with all that 4090/5K HMD/Blender design/Unity dev action to grace us with yet more astute observations...

Also, this you?

giphy.gif

So to recap...ps5 base is "fine", there's "no point" to a Pro because current image reconstruction techniques are already good enough and systems can get near native render quality for half the rendering cost, but a day later when you want to win an argument on the internet it's all "reconstructed crap"...

For someone who resides in "the real world", apparently a place "where truthful information matters" you seem to be troubled with some level of internal conflict and selective truth depending upon who you're currently bickering with.

Your whole MO looks more sus by the day. By the post.
Wow, you tore him new asshole 🤣

• thisistheway
Reactions: PropellerEar