Eurogamer Spec Analysis: PlayStation 5 Pro - the most powerful console yet |UP| 4/1 How Did Sony Beat Microsoft In Machine Learning For Consoles?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't know how to further explain this to you. It's 33 teraflops dual issue, it will not use dual issue because nothing uses dual issue particularly games.

You will get what is essentially half of the stated teraflop figure.
It would be possible for the dual issue commands to be used if it was in the ps5 base spec but I highly doubt anyone will bother with a userbase of (optimistically) like 15m units by end of console cycle

rinzler

Banned
12 Mar 2024
It would be possible for the dual issue commands to be used if it was in the ps5 base spec but I highly doubt anyone will bother with a userbase of (optimistically) like 15m units by end of console cycle
I could also cook a ribeye on the SoC as that has the same likelihood of taking place as this.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I like this guy.
War Fx GIF by BasketsFX

• haha
Reactions: Dr Bass

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about. You guys are trailing off into a land of fantasy and it's going to bite you in the rear.

As mentioned before how did AMD RPM pan out for games? Oh yeah, that was in the PS4 Pro marketing buzz and would you look at that...

Nothing.

You're getting a $500-$600 box, understand where that resides and stop trying to rationalize your way to it being a 4090 competitor, it's ridiculous.
My dear fellow, it seems you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water. With total certainty the dual issue will be used with many common functions. Devs need not reinvent anything, certain api calls to Sony provided libraries will do this under the bonnet. Or is the suggestion Sony will provide no optimised SDK for their own hardware? Devs can further optimise their own code if so inclined - certainly 1st party at the very least.

Will everything be running at 33 tflop? No, but parts will where it is practical. Do not misconstrue theoretical with the actual.

Last edited:
Reactions: panda-zebra

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My dear fellow, it seems you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water. With total certainty the dual issue will be used with many common functions. Devs need not reinvent anything, certain api calls to Sony provided libraries will do this under the bonnet. Or is the suggestion Sony will provide no optimised SDK for their own hardware? Devs can further optimise their own code if so inclined - certainly 1st party at the very least.

Will everything be running at 33 tflop? No, but parts will where it is practical. Do not misconstrue theoretical with the actual.
I doubt it. The presentation slide said 45% better rasterization performance so it wouldn't really make sense that the dual issue is being leveraged there. Maybe there's something else that it can be used for but I wouldn't hold my breath. If the dual issue is standard in ps6 and the instruction set expanded i could see it being used though.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I doubt it. The presentation slide said 45% better rasterization performance so it wouldn't really make sense that the dual issue is being leveraged there. Maybe there's something else that it can be used for but I wouldn't hold my breath. If the dual issue is standard in ps6 and the instruction set expanded i could see it being used though.
Rasterization is only one of the many utilities of a modern GPU