[Europe] PS5 leads the market with a 369% growth YOY, followed by Switch (down 18%) and then Xbox Series S and X (down 10%)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So the Capcom data for REmake 4 was shipped and it is not selling better than previous releases in EU at least.
The Capcom data for RE4R wasn't shipped, it was sold. And unlike the GSD data, the Capcom data was for worldwide sales.

Before this gen started im sure the plan was:

-subscription gaming will take off like netflix
-cloud gaming will take off sometime this gen
-series S will sell well because of price
-Series X will be the most powerful console
-halo infinite will be a launch title and be a return to form
-Acquisition's will help regain some market share and have some exclusives
I think their plan was:
-Make big acquisiions to catch up in consoles and game subs and to go more 3rd party multiplatform
-To highly grow during this gen their subscription with day one games from MGS and the acquired pubishers in both Xbox and PC, but still being far from Netflix, aiming for 50M at the end of the gen
-To start building their PS Now ripoff in terms of tech and catalog but not expecting to be something big and even less mainstream until at least after its first 10 years
-Series S would sell because of price as cheap gamepass console
-Series X would be the most powerful console
-All big IPs like Halo, Forza, Forza Horizon, Gears and big acquired ones that would more or less fit will move to GaaS focus
-In addition to give extra revenue and catalog, acquisitions would solve the lack of big 1st party releases, exclusives, prestige teams and IPs
-To end at least matching Sony in revenue and get closer in console installbase, MAU and game subs

Last edited:

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
All of this happening before Spiderman 2 and FF16 even hit.

Xbox is fucked this gen.

Also LMAO @ all the people that were calling for Jim Ryan's firing while back.

The console war this gen is officially over

Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Keep dreaming. He'll stay
I bet not. At the end when all their efforts were for nothing, Sony’s higher ups will say to him: “You wasted all our time, the deal has been approved. We paused all our acquisitions and didn’t do a proper showcase for two years” something like that I would imagine. With the result of ABK, Jim Ryan’s job is hanging on the line. Sony will need a scapegoat and it’s probably to be Jimbo.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I bet not. At the end when all their efforts were for nothing, Sony’s higher ups will say to him: “You wasted all our time, the deal has been approved. We paused all our acquisitions and didn’t do a proper showcase for two years” something like that I would imagine. With the result of ABK, Jim Ryan’s job is hanging on the line. Sony will need a scapegoat and it’s probably to be Jimbo.

I'll gift you 6 months of extra here if you're right.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
“God of War came and went.”

What metric are these green rats using to define somethings like this? Forum discussions? I see them keep saying this like it’s a fact or something. They say it all the time about Sony first party single player games.

Just because Horizon and GoW are not being talked about on social media as much as when the games released does not in no way mean they ‘came and went.” That’s normal. The games are still selling. People are still playing them. Games don’t need constant updates and being talked about online to be considered relevant and successful. How did people like them survive the PS1 to PS3 generation before Twitter and YouTube?

Using their logic Hi Fi Lo quality Rush doesn’t exist. The difference is that game really did flop though. lol.
nah its that sealord of bravoos dumbass a poor xbots who its pretty antisony

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't think the ABK deal had any effect on when they do their showcase. I think part of it is just that most of their major studios just got done launching PS4 games and just didn't have any PS5 stuff ready yet, along with being slowed down by covid. They also didn't feel any urgency due to how weak their competition in Xbox is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
“God of War came and went.”

What metric are these green rats using to define somethings like this? Forum discussions? I see them keep saying this like it’s a fact or something. They say it all the time about Sony first party single player games.

Just because Horizon and GoW are not being talked about on social media as much as when the games released does not in no way mean they ‘came and went.” That’s normal. The games are still selling. People are still playing them. Games don’t need constant updates and being talked about online to be considered relevant and successful. How did people like them survive the PS1 to PS3 generation before Twitter and YouTube?

Using their logic Hi Fi Lo quality Rush doesn’t exist. The difference is that game really did flop though. lol.
One more that had me in hysterics from the Reee version of this thread:

I think this will be Microsoft once they begin releasing games this gen. Q4’23 is gonna be big for them.
There 👏 are 👏 no 👏 exclusives 👏 coming 👏 out 👏

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
One more that had me in hysterics from the Reee version of this thread:

There 👏 are 👏 no 👏 exclusives 👏 coming 👏 out 👏

Do you think they say these things with conviction or is it delusion?

If their bubble keeps getting burst, I do wonder the extent of the psychological damage...as they've made Microsoft and Xbox into their whole life... (some of them)

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I Xbox one is probably selling better than Xbox Series at this point despite it having a much cheaper Series S model.
Wheres that fool Aaron Greenberg with his pointless comparisons to Xbox 360 sales lol

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Jimbo will likely resign, because he put all his effort in trying to block this merger. When the deal gets approved he will view it as a personal defeat and retreat. Now the way will be all free for Urata Keiichiro. A new era is about to begin.
View attachment 1051

I appreciate a change to a Japanese CEO for PlayStation division.
I hope not, Jim's been great for PlayStation.

He had to deal with launching a console during a global pandemic and his main competitor spending billions on publishers and studios, and yet managed to keep the business not only competitive, but growing.

Results are what matters, not personal feelings.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

They literally were suppose to have a huge blowout last year closer to fall. They didn't because of the ongoing deal and mainly had to do with their Developers catching a snag.

In like a month none of this will matter. Jim Ryan will go down in playstation history as the most profitable era they have had.

He's not going anywhere.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
People want jimbo to go are crazy. Most of decisions come from Sony parent company.
Imagine if we get one of those nft fetishism ceo's

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They literally were suppose to have a huge blowout last year closer to fall. They didn't because of the ongoing deal and mainly had to do with their Developers catching a snag.

In like a month none of this will matter. Jim Ryan will go down in playstation history as the most profitable era they have had.

He's not going anywhere.
Im sure that post is in jest, if not, oh lawddddd lol

• haha
Reactions: AshHunter216

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im sure that post is in jest, if not, oh lawddddd lol
If rumors are true May there will be a big showcase, unless they want it in June? Now that MS is going in June, makes sense to have something in May.

June is so jam packed with titles I would want to showcase stuff before all that,

Jeff Grubb and a couple others were alluding to something closer. End of May or FIrst week of June before Summer Game fest. He;'s not the only person reporting on this.

The fact a lot of little stuff has leaked tells me a lot of these games, are going to be in it and most likely content/video has already been submitted.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If rumors are true May there will be a big showcase, unless they want it in June? Now that MS is going in June, makes sense to have something in May.

June is so jam packed with titles I would want to showcase stuff before all that,

Jeff Grubb and a couple others were alluding to something closer. End of May or FIrst week of June before Summer Game fest. He;'s not the only person reporting on this.

The fact a lot of little stuff has leaked tells me a lot of these games, are going to be in it and most likely content/video has already been submitted.
Im talking about the post you were responding to, not yours lol

Reactions: Papacheeks